Scrooge McDuck - dead?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Cartoon freak, Oct 7, 2004.

?

Is Scrooge McDuck dead?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2006.
  1. NO!

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. YES!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Cartoon freak

Cartoon freak New Member

Hi everybody!

According to Don Rosa is Scrooge McDuck dead today! Don Rosa mean that Scrooge died in 1967. Do you agree? Do you mean and think Scrooge McDuck is dead?

2. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Uh, could you rephrase that into a coherent sentence, please? That whole post went totally over my head, sorry.

3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

The version of Uncle Scrooge from the Disney comics (not the DuckTales series) created by Carl Barks and continued by Keno Don Rosa was a layered continuity in which Scrooge was a sourdough in the Yukon near the turn of the century and amassed his fortune early on in the twentieth. The comic stories were set in the 1950s (Barks set them there because it was current and Rosa set it there for consistancy) and Bark's heir apparrant has said that Scrooge died in 1967-the year Barks' last Scrooge story appeared. In Rosa's version Scrooge has indeed passed on (few Disney character are "dead") although there are MANY comic book writers who have Scrooge alive in the present day be they talented (William Van Horn) or not (Geoffrey Blum.)

So yes, Barks and Rosa's version is dead. But really, if you think about it so are Ariel, Aladdin, Belle, The Beast, The Gummi Bears, Baloo, Pochahontas, Quasimodo, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, Dumbo, Pinochio, Lady, Tramp, all 101 Dalmations and a ton of other characters that existed in the past.

4. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Ahh, okay then. Thanks. :)

5. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Comic Scrooge, RIP

Animated Scrooge (Ducktales, House of Mouse, etc), still living the high life and pinching pennies wherever he can.

6. Tak Mazé

Tak Mazé Worms and plastic minnows!

Life is good ^_^... Hey, where'd my wallet go? 0.o

7. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

Are you sure about this? I've always thought that the unsaid reason why Launchpad and Gizmoduck ended up in St. Canard was because the ol' geezer bought it (at the cheapest price possible). It's especially weird to have Launchpad unenployed after he actually learned how to not crash.

8. Crow

Crow New Member

Who did his voice? What's he done on House of Mouse?

Ducktales was the best of the toon series back then when you also had Rescue Rangers, Talespin, and Darkwing Duck on at the same time.

9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Alan Young, who was best known as Wilbur on Mister Ed voiced Scrooge on DuckTales.

10. Frank15

Frank15 Uptight, Yet Ditzy

Did anyone else walk into this thread, expecting to read about Alan Young having died, or something? So not nice a trick.

11. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Alan Young is God! Scrooge bought the house of mouse from Pete for an Ep, and YES, the disney after noon was awsome!

12. bat313

bat313 Active Member

In the words of cousin Balki, "DOnt be rediculous!" Besides there was an ep of Darkwing with Scrooge on the bill board as gizmo was flying in. And in the words of Superman to an old Bruce Wayne, "he's to stuborn to die" :) Besides the fact that he appears in Mickeys once upon a Xmas, and snowed in at the house of mouse, and then bought the house.

13. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

On a slightly un-related note, Alan Young also provided the voice for a character called Haggis McMutton in the game The Curse of Monkey Island. It's a slightly gruffer version of his Uncle Scrooge voice, and he's still pretty hilarious (especially the caber tossing sequence).

I wouldn't want Uncle Scrooge to die. Maybe those three annoying nephews (they weren't that bad on DuckTales, but I never liked them in the early Disney shorts and Quack Pack) and their chubby sidekick Doofus.

14. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

Excuse me. I said no before I thought about the comics.

15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Huey, Dewey, and Louie are AWESOME. Read Don Rosa's The Son of the Sun. Truly funny and original characters despite being exactly alike.

Fone Bone, hurrying off to read his Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck comics and trying not to think about Quack Pack.

16. cartoonomac

cartoonomac New Member

NO Way!

He is only dead if we give up fight and stop letting the disney board of disney killer (Esiner) know how we feel about how inportant classic animation is. The fight is long from over. Im sure we and classic animation will trumpth! IT's got to!

17. wrenchien

wrenchien New Member

i haven't seen much of donald duck's extended family in a long time.

how's magica di spell taking it all?

18. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Did you even READ the thread?

Oh well, welcome to the boards anyways!:)