1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Screw The Litton Family!

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Vaughn B., May 27, 2016.

?

Are you sick and tired of The Litton's invasion?

1. Oh Heck Yes!

60.0%
  2. No Way Jose!

20.0%
  3. Uh? What?

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

Look y'all i think it's time to tell the infamous FCC to say Screw The Litton Family!

Because they are destroying Saturday, Sunday, & Weekday Mornings for good!

Who's with me?

2. MikeDodgers

MikeDodgers Member

Here! Here! It's time to eliminate Litton! I'll bring my Duel Disk and Orichalcos Deck!

3. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

Whoo! I Heard that.

Go ahead & vote.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen, unless one or more of the networks contract with another provider. Seems Litton has enough coin to program all of the networks if necessary. Not even Hanna-Barbera, at their productive peak, could do that, though they did have shows on every network during the 60's and through the 80's.

5. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

But aren't you sick and tired of the Litton shows?

Because every Saturday Morning fan definitely agrees with this.

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Litton isn't going anywhere and protesting it is not going to change anything.

7. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

So what?! It's better to say something than to zip it.

8. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Saturday mornings were going downhill before the Littons showed up.

9. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

& They gonna keep going downhill if we old Saturday Morning fans tells the FCC to stop letting The Litton Family from taking over, i mean what's next PBS Kids becoming Litton TV Powered By PBS? No, i don't think so.

#9 Vaughn B., Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

PBS is the only thing that the Government would leave alone since its funded compared to the Sat morning blocks not recieving the same benefit.

11. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

But not any longer, because i sense that soon The Litton Family would tell the FCC & the Goverment will pull the plug on PBS Kids someday & then PBS will never be the same.

#11 Vaughn B., Jun 18, 2016
  12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay, this is just ridiculous. The Litton Family is not the source of evil and I highly doubt that they're going to take over PBS or anything else. I'm pretty sure that they don't have that much authority that they could tell the FCC and the government to pull the plug on PBS Kids anyway.

Saturday mornings were pretty much dead before Litton came into the picture. The Vortexx was pretty much the last traditional Saturday morning block, so they clearly weren't thriving. Litton taking over the time where the blocks didn't change that or suddenly made them into the villains. They were outdated formats and had been for at least ten years, if not longer. If it wasn't Litton that took up the time slots, then they probably would have had infomercials or reruns during those timeslots instead. Things for Saturday Morning blocks would have largely stayed the same whether or not Litton came into the picture.

I can understand being upset over Saturday Morning blocks being dead and all, but making Litton the bad guy and complaining about them online isn't going to change a thing. You can vocalize your feelings if you want to, but don't expecting making a thread and getting people to vote against the Litton family to do anything. Or that the FCC would listen to anything people have to say on the matter either.

13. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

Look, if we don't stop this whole Litton E/I craziness it will suck not all 4 networks that rule the Weekday, Saturday, & Sunday morning blocks but kids networks as well, do you really wanna see that?

14. Tucker Witz

Tucker Witz Banned

Yes.Lets stop and bring our saturday morning shows back.Who agrees with me.

15. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

It's not just Saturday mornings Tucker, it's Sunday & Weekday mornings too as well.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Why do you think Litton would take over kids networks? How would that even be possible? I don't think that they're big enough to take over Nickelodeon and especially Disney. This doesn't really make any sense. It's just painting Litton as the big bad evil company that took away Saturday morning blocks when all that does is show that you don't understand why we don't have Saturday morning blocks anymore.

17. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

No you, Hobbyfan & everyone else don't understand without another network take a stand as a new beacon of Saturday, Sunday, & Weekday mornings for a new generation of Kids & Teens, Litton will crush every network with their E/ shows that will think about Nick, Disney, CN, & Discovery Family & all the stuff they unleash, we need a network can be a true beacon for Weekdays, Saturdays, & Sundays for years to come & the only network that's lwft is MyNetworkTV but they're afraid that the Litton will get them next & pull the plug & i don't want that.

#17 Vaughn B., Jun 18, 2016
  18. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

@Vaughn B.: There is absolutely NO WAY for the Litton shows to "invade" cable kids channels. And MyNetworkTV is not a network, it's a programming service at present, and their stations pick up the E/I programming they want.

19. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

But MyNetworkTV would've have their very own Kids & Teens block 10 years when they 1st started.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Do you have any facts to actually back up that claim or are you still just going on fear logic that Litton will take over every children network? Simply because they have E/I blocks where Saturday morning blocks used to be doesn't mean that they can take over networks. There's no way they can take over Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network or Disney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.