1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
?

Do you like Scooby Doo (the show, not the dog)

1. Yes, love it. Scooby Dooby Dooooooo!

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. No, hate it boring yaaaaaaawn..

27 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. Kuro-Neko

Kuro-Neko Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm

hmmm...maybe it's still on TV cuz... IT'S TERRIBLY OVERRATED!!!!

2. SpotLane

SpotLane Teacher's Pet Fangirl

I never liked Scooby even when I was little I didn't like it.

3. Storm

Storm Active Member

my thoughts....

Scooby Doo is a good show but it's not the greatest. The movie was ok (I've seen better). I do believe that it did make a huge impact in cartoon history and people will still remember it when cars fly unlike Invader Zim that is getting canned soon (c'mon people do you actually think people will still me talking about that show years from now???). I know I loved this show when I was little but now I just watch it for kicks. I will watch the new series (What's New Scooby Doo) just to see if it's good. Scooby is not that bad in my eyes it can have some corny moments but when you get past that the show is a legend.

- Storm

4. Allen's Nickname.

Allen's Nickname. The Horrible End.

Re: my thoughts....

Look at Ren and Stimpy. It had as many good episodes as Invader Zim Had episodes. So yes, yes I do.

And why is Scooby so popular? It's like Friends. Easily accessable and very PC. It dosn't offend anyone, so your kids can watch it without you having to worry abou the horrid subliminial messages being planted into their minds.

5. Storm

Storm Active Member

Re: Re: my thoughts....

I never got into Zim, I thought it was pointless and stupid but I know alot of people love this show (me and my cousin actually got in a agruement about this) but I'm not going to bite nobody's head off cause they don't have the same opinion as me. To answer your question I don't know why Scooby Doo is so popular I know alot of people like it and if the viewers like it producers and company's will milk that t.v. show or movie for all it's worth that's how life is. And I will let my kids watch Scooby Doo if they want to. The show is kid fun and no harm can be done (like Subliminial Messages).

- Storm

6. Kuro-Neko

Kuro-Neko Active Member

Re: Re: my thoughts....

I do too.

7. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Re: Re: Re: my thoughts....

I bet that the reason CN overrates Scooby-Doo is that he won the president thing in 2000.

I used to like the show, but when it got terribly re-run (and I also got better taste in animation ;) ), I started thinking that it was a pile of crap.

Fortunately, it's hour-long block on weeknights is being replaced with the Eds.

Plus, "Scooby Doo, Who Cares Where Are You?" only had 26 episodes. If CN has to overrate a show, Tom & Jerry is a better choice (which is exactly what they will be doing ;) ).

8. Tash

Tash Active Member

It's way too overdone. I agree.

The show is old, and should have stopped when it was ahead, but they had to go and make the stupic spin-offs (13 ghosts anyone???) and the could-have-been-so-much-better movie. It's not even a "great" cartoon to begin with. It was somewhat slow and corney. The humor was also dry. I know that's how cartoons were around that time, but it's not how cartoons are now. And the new scooby doo series will suck. I have not seen it yet, but I have a feeling it's going to try to be fad garbage.

I hate it, only because I wish it would have stayed in the 60s, before everyone wanted fast-pased, non-stop bright cartoons, or Anime-style action oriented cartoons. Scooby Doo is out dated. Period.

9. Mojo_Jojo

Mojo_Jojo CURSES!

Zoinks! Another Scooby-Doo hater! Wow! Scooby-Doo is the worst cartoon out there, leave me assure you! I bet Scooby- Doo helps out with CN's ratings since they used the episodes of Scooby-Doo so much. If it's not a great cartoon, which in my opinion it is then why is it doing so well?! The problem with everyone is that they want to get rid of the old cartoons! Then, everyone complains that they were fans of these newer cartoons and can't believe they're canceled. It was made in the 60s! That's why you may not find it funny! Even kids today like it. Countries all over the world are playing it on their Cartoon Network! I've been a fan of Scooby since I was little and must say I'm very disgusted with people that make comments about Scooby-Doo. Scooby-Doo is a classic. I'm with Scooby-Doo all the way!

10. Sue_Jackson

Sue_Jackson Official Gatehead

I love Scooby-Doo! I grew up watching Scooby-Doo. I remember everyday after school (like 15/20-some yrs ago), I would plop myself down in front of the TV, and watch it. I would even watch it while doing my homework (even though my mom didn't like that :p ). Watching Scooby-Doo was like a tradition for me. I still love watching Scooby-Doo. I think it's so funny! :D

I don't care what others say. :p There's nothing to change my mind. :p It's my opinion....so there. :p

11. Sandro

Sandro Senior Member

I'm really not a fan of Scooby-Doo.

12. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Who said I want to get rid of old cartoons? If I had my way, we would have T&J and Looney Tunes all the time. :D

Seriously, I think that the reason most people hate Scooby (including me) is all the freakin' repeats.

13. dendawg

dendawg RIP Dusty :(

Testify, Brother! :D
    as far as Scooby goes, I could give or take him. He's way overplayed on CN, along with "Cartoon Cartoons," and that's all I'm saying. ;)

14. Kuro-Neko

Kuro-Neko Active Member

Okay Okay!!!We get the point already...we got your point a long time ago!!!Some people just don't like Scooby-Doo so get over it,you're not going to change anything!!

15. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

This says it all!

"Scooby Dooby Doo, I hate you...."

- Foley Is Good (But not Scooby!)

16. Samoht

Samoht A Pill Addicted Squirrell.

when cn had 6 hours of scobby i hated it even more i have have to agree its over play rated the whole deal

17. Chris Wood

Chris Wood Desslar

The original Scooby Doo series rocks! The spinoff series that followed are pretty horrible though.

Still, I'll bet you can't name any 1970s American comedic TV cartoons better than Scooby Doo. Well? I'm waiting.

18. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

I hate Scooby Doo with a passion!

19. Storm

Storm Active Member

One question:

How can you hate a cartoon or character with passion. Sorry but I've notice some people saying that and it's just sounds stupid to hate a cartoon. I may not like a cartoon but hate it??? C'mon people lets get real.

20. Samoht

Samoht A Pill Addicted Squirrell.

i like older cartoons any 1 besides scobby doo and i like it