Scooby Doo The movie & Velma's Hottness

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Chris Sanders MSX, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/2002/images/scoobydoo8large.jpg

I've always said this, but Velma is hot. Heh, anyway Do any of you plan on going to see the Scooby Movie, despite the fact that everyone is basicly certain the movie will be bad ?

I honestly am going to see it, the curiosity is just going to be too much. Besides Odds are I've spent money on much worse things.

Now back to Velma being hot... man, Daphane who ? Funny thing is people always thought Velma as chunky (not that i don't like that cause..I do) but it's just that dang sweater !!

I saw an episode of Scooby Doo where they were on an Island and Velam had on a bikini and she ahd like the perfect frame curves and all.. That danged turtle neck sweater just throws you for a loop I guess, it's ggod to see that in the movie (atleast in this scene) they understand that. Alright..I'm done.

2. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

Velma does look hot. I'm probably gonnna go see it.

3. ccffan01

ccffan01 New Member

Yeah velma looks her best and I'll probably see it just beacause I dont tottaly hate the show unlike most of you out there. Velma looks preety good there watching the show I would not have expected that and yeah it does make you forget about Daphne unless they made her look better.

4. Failure

Failure Entertainment Mod

Yeah, Linda Cardellini (she's been on Freaks and Geeks, guest spot on Boy Meets World) is gorgeous. Hands down no contest between her and SMG, IMO.

5. langden alger

langden alger New Member

yeah i've been drooling over linda since freaks and geeks...they obviously had to try and downplay her looks for this movie, but there's really no way to do that with a girl like her.

6. Dark Spider

Dark Spider Moderator of Kiyone Love

Yea, I have to say that Linda Cardelini (Velma) is hot as heck, especially in that shirt she's wearing in the picture. Too bad Matthew Lillard (Shaggy) is ruining that picture by just being there.

7. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

Man... Velma is hot!!! I'll probably never see the movie, but i'll be looking out for her. I'll never see Velma in the same way again.

8. GL2k2

GL2k2 Savage Dragon

I agree, whoever made this flick had a huge crush on Velma in the cartoon and made her better looking than Daphne. I'm sorry just not a Sarah Gellar fan. But jeez, Velma's enough incentive to see the movie itself.

9. John-Paul

John-Paul You gotta love Gary!

There's a first:Verlma's hotter than Daph!

10. James

James Administrator

I like Lillard. True, his film choices have been appalling, however I enjoyed his work in Scream and Wing Commander (one of the films few redeeming features) - so I have hopes that he can pull this off...

Hope. That's all... ;)

11. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
    I've always semilusted after Velma, even as a kid. Daphne was just too pretty too be real--and not exactly the most cerebral girl, either ("Dangerprone Daphne did it again!").
    I've noted before how nice she looks in a leopard skin. Shaggy had to be an imbecile or totally stoned to not have some feelings for her, although they by default were paired together innumerable times (maybe it was the height thing, though--he was a good head and shoulders over her, which some girls find too weird).

12. James

James Administrator

... and Shaggy had his chance with Daphne too. Remember that 12 haunted pieces of treasure series of Scooby they introduced? The specifics escape me, except that it was Scooby, Scappy, Shaggy and Daphne... interesting mix.

I'm surprised he didn't introduce her to the secret yet obvious ingredient of the Scooby Snack... then she too would understand why the dog and the hippie are so fond of them..

13. B.W.H.

B.W.H. Member

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Awooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy very sexy :)

14. DaphHime

DaphHime *grin*

To be honest with you, I like Daphne more than Velma for some reason. Both are pretty good characters and have their own meirts. I really only like the OVA verson of Daphne. Of corse I wouldn't know about the attraction factor since I'm female. (I like Fred better than Shaggy. *Ducks*) Gotta say that Velma dose look a tad better than Daphne. I will see this moive more out of ceriousty than anything else.

As for the couples, I've always been a Fred/Daphne; Velma/Shaggy shipper. :)

15. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

There's a Scooby Doo OAV ? :eek:

Heh... I always liked The pup Named Scooby Doo Versions of the characters better than any for some reason. I wonder what were in the Scooby Snacks back then...hmmmm :rolleyes:

16. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
    Shaggy and Daphne

I figured they'd never be together because she goes for upper-crust clean-shaven pretty boys (with ascots!). Maybe it's my cynical side showing, but I don't think her parents would've approved of Shaggy's wrong-side-of-the-tracks lower-class charm. I might have like Daph better if it didn't seem too easy to write her as a dippy rich girl. As for introducing her to the Snacks--"[exasperated gasp] You want me to eat dog food? [rolling eyes] Ew!" "Like, your loss, toots." "Reah! Rour ross!"
    As for the beard--great fun for tickling a girl on the...face, and I'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

17. Dark Spider

Dark Spider Moderator of Kiyone Love

The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo

You are talking about the 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo. This show came out in 1986 and was the show that came out before the "Pup Named Scooby Doo" series. It was an interesting show that had the exploits of Scooby, Shaggy, Scrappy, Daphne (The gang of the 80's), Flim Flam (a con artist kid), and Vincent (voiced by Vincent Price!). They had to go around capturing the 13 ghosts that Scooby accidentaly let out of some chest.

This show was also the first to feature the new outfits for Shaggy and Daphne. Shaggy had a red shirt and blue jeans with brown shoes (You can see this in the late 80's Scooby Doo films), while Daphne had a purple jumpsuit (that was the style of the 80's).

The show only lasted 13 episodes (how ironic) and its short number was probably the only reason why CN hasn't shown it in awhile.

Shaggy and Daphne:
    The 70's ended with random, non mystery solving episodes featuring Scooby, Shaggy, and Scappy only. H-B wanted the mystery element of Scooby-Doo back so they decided to create a new gang. Scooby-Doo was automatically in it. Scooby still needed a partner so Shaggy was in it. The gang needed a kind of leader to keep the gang focused, so they decided to use Daphne...the most underused and personality-less character of the previous gang. And Scrappy was put in there for no reason except too annoy all the fans. This gang was used from 1983 til 1989 when "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" was created.

Although you could say that Shaggy and Daphne could be a couple, they were just co-workers. Daphne was a reporter for some company and she had the help of Shaggy and the dogs to cover stories. This was the story in the 80's.

Shaggy and Velma:
    They could've been a couple in the late 60's, and at one time it seemed like it...but they never were. But I could see them as a couple though.

Scooby Doo OVA:
    An OVA is a direct to video release. An example of an American OVA is Peter Pan 2 which is video only. A couple of examples of Scooby Doo OVA's are the recent "Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost" and "Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase" movies which were released to video before heading to CN.

I know its frightening how I know so much on Scooby-Doo. I watch too much TV and cartoons not to know about Scooby-Doo.

18. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!

Au contraire. Lillard was the funniest thing about the trailer. He might be the factor that makes the film watchable.

19. kiddiesunshine

kiddiesunshine New Member

i've always liked velma over daphne. she's a smart hottie. gotta love that.

20. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

I have to agree. Plus, I don't think he's a bad actor. Ever see SLC Punk? He did a great job in that, I thought.

I'll probably get suckered into seeing this movie, as my sister is a huge Scooby fan. :rolleyes: