1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Kolbar, May 6, 2007.

?

Rate this movie

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

12.5%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kolbar

Kolbar @Cinecrisis on Twitter

Hey there, it's the ghoul school!
    [​IMG]

Release Date: 1988 (TV)
    Studio: Hanna-Barbera Studios
    Director: Charles A. Nichols
    Starring: Don Messick, Casey Kasem, Remy Auberjonois, Susan Blu, Hamilton Camp, Jeff Cohen, Glynis Johns, Zale Kessler, Ruta Lee, Aaron Lohr, Patty Maloney, Scott Menville, Pat Musick, Bumper Robinson, Ronnie Schell, Marilyn Schreffler, Andre Stojka, Russi Taylor, Frank Welker

Plot Summary: Shaggy, Scooby-Doo, and Scrappy are hired to be the new gym teachers at Miss Grimlock's School for Girls, which is actually a school for ghosts and monsters. When the girls fall under the spell of the evil Revolta, the Spider Queen, it's up to Scooby, Shaggy, and Scrappy, along with the students at the military school next door to save the girls and defeat Revolta.

Comments?

2. JVipond

JVipond Member

I've said before that Patty Maloney, who played the little mummy girl, is one of my favorite actresses; I even registered the domain name pattymaloney.info for a portion of my personal Web site. Patty was the only reason I ever watched Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.

3. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember that this was one of my favorite movies as a child, Scrappy aside.

4. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

It was a pretty funny movie, as were most of them. It was funny how Scooby and Shaggy only encountered actual supernatural beings after leaving Daphne, Fred and Velma. And the movies showcased some that actually were friendly towards them, even if they were still freaked out. Boo Brothers is still a must watch to this day.

5. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

LOL It is intresting how dispite them not wanting to see any of this stuff they do end up seeing them any ways. I enjoyed the movie, pretty funny and a bit weird LOL.

6. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

One of the most charming ScoobyDoo movies, I found the concept of daughters of classical monsters really original in those years. I´m amazed nobody tried this concept again. The plushies of the little mummy and the wolf girl could have been real huge sellers.

7. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I thought those girls especially the little mommy girl were addoriable. I thought it was nice, when they used young female addelesons, just like the little girl from The Nutcracker Scoob.

This movie made me think how sweat it would be, if we went into the future and see Shaggy with a young daughter.

Though it makes no sense, after how Shaggy and Scooby helped his daughter out, that Drakula turned on them in the next movie.

8. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

9. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

Perhaps the Dracula in Ghoul School was a totally seperate individual than the one shown in the Reluctant Werewolf. If that's possible.

10. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Or maybe Dracula was desperate enough to achieve his own goals that he decided turning on Shaggy was more important than being honorable?

-B.

11. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

12. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Great movie. I was never a big fan of the original tv series, but I loved this movie. Perhaps because it focused more on Shaggy and Scooby and had real monsters in it.

13. Carlos Gutierrez

Does anyone remember Glynis Johns in this Scooby-Doo movie?

14. Daffyfan2002

Daffyfan2002 $enior member

It's been a while since I've seen the ABC Superstar movies or whatever you call them. But I agree, no wonder Velma, Daphne and Fred were so skeptical about real monsters/ghouls, etc. (It's like Mr. Snuffleupagus from 1971 to 1985, if they don't see something out of the norm, than it must be imaginary.)
    Though Daphne was with Shagg, Scoob and Scrap in the later series so she would have seen real monsters, as did Velma and Fred in their guest appearances on TNSDM. Just thought I'd put in my two cents there.

As for the Ghoul School movie itself, I thought it was pretty good. But it's been a while since I've seen it. I might want to watch it again at some point since we're talking about it.

15. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

I've seen it, not too crazy about it. I'm not really much into cowards or the humor in this flick. Don't like it much.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk