1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest SpongeBob moments (PLEASE NO PICTURES)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by CartoonFridays, Jan 13, 2011.

1. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

What are your scariest SpongeBob moments? Here's mine:

I Was A Teenage Gary: SpobgeBob becoming a snail.
    Wormy: The horsefly closeups & buzzing.
    The Inside Job: Plankton becoming SpongeBob.
    WhoBob WhatPants: SPENGBAB

I find MOAR KRABS hilarious!

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

No doubt the freakiest thing I've ever seen on Spongebob: THIS. Just...this. if I was a kid when that scene came on, I'd probably never have watched the show again.

3. CartoonFridays

What is it? Is it the creepy SB from "WhoBob WhatPants"?

4. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

That's from "Ghost Host".

5. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Well most of those aren't scary to me because I LOVE thespengbab close ups and creepy shots they occasionally do. Some of the gory stuff though like the toe nail ripping scene... ugh..

6. kaseykockroach

kaseykockroach Active Member

"Does this look UNSURE to you?".

7. CartoonFridays

No.

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know Moar Krabs freaked me out when I first watched the episode (so much that I would turn away when it actually came on screen) but after it became an internet meme, and appeared in a lot of hilarious Spongebob Youtube Poops by Kortez5000, I actually wasn't freaked out by it and found it funny. There is still an image of the show I find disturbing and kind of freaky actually. From "New Student Starfish" where Patrick goes into Boating School with Spongebob, and draws a rather unflattering drawing of Mrs. Puff. It winds up on Spongebob's desk and Mrs. Puff thinks Spongebob drew it and then actually appears for a second like the unflaterring picture. I just find that so creepy and disturbing, which isn't help since I also link it to another disturbing picture of a teacher seen in the Doug episode "Doug's Doodle". Yeah drawing unflattering images of your female teacher, and having the teachers actually appear as them in a Nicktoon is just something I find pretty freaky. I don't know if it's scary but something I sitll don't particuarly like.

9. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

SpongeBob's transformation in I Was a Teenage Gary. Gross mutations like that always make me squirm, and it got even worse when he chased Squidward around his house. I'd freak out like that too honestly.

10. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

That and some of the stuff in "Ghost House" are the only Spongebob related sequences that I actually find creepy. The snail transformation stuff is actually handled very well.

11. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

The one episode when Sponebob was fused with Squidward.
    Let's just say the ending wasn't as scary as it was stomach-churning...

12. fostersfan34

fostersfan34 Thread killer expert

I liked that scene from Ghost Host, but then again, grotesque stuff like that tends to tickle my fancy more than it should. :sweat:

As for freakiest, I can vouch for Fungus Among Us or The Splinter. I can't sit through the latter just because of the pus. That river of pus has haunted my nightmares.

13. AJ Skyterra

AJ Skyterra The Crystal Bending Gem of Science

Ditto. That episode to me was like Jeepers Creepers when I was a kid--not scary, just squirmish and gorish and turn-head-immediately worthy.

But besides that a lot of Spongebob's nightmare fuel I find funny. The only episode that truly crept me out as a kid was "Rock Bottom." It made me terrified to ride buses at night even with the comic relief spit noises.

14. CartoonFridays

"It all started when I was born..."

15. Blipsy

Blipsy Tara's been a bad girl

I have kind of a weird sense of humor, so things like "Moar Krabs", Squidward's unsure face, and the gross close-ups usually amuse me rather than creep me out.

I did find one of "SB-129" a little unsettling when I was a kid, though. The part where Squidward ends up in some empty white void, with various voices repeating "Alone" and the camera zooming out to more white space, creeped me out a little.

16. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

The toenail scene with Squidward creeped me out so much because of how painful it looks, I'm suprised they got away with that scene.:(

17. abney317

abney317 New Member

the Ghost Host scene for sure... with the spider coming out of his eyes and stuff... that was just weird

18. VeiledHat

VeiledHat Pineapple from Heck

Sorry to bump but in "Karate Choppers", Sandy pours a drop of hot sauce on SpongeBob's tongue, and we get a close up of it with a live-action face (that of Tom Kenny who plays SpongeBob) and it has a scary laugh! And even worse, right after it laughs, IT F@#$ING TALKS. (And for the record, it says "By the power of moltiness [sic], I will make this particular drop of hot sauce VERY, VERY HOT!") It's so much that I can't watch the episode.

Also, the episode it's paired with is "SB-129", which Blipsy mentioned. @Blipsy do you remember this moment from "Karate Choppers"?

19. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

The episode "Sanctuary" is the creepiest one ever with the snails taking over the Pineapple.

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I was always scared of the scene In Texas where Sandy chased Spongebob and Patrick at first it was funny but then i got scared when Patrick blew up, and Spongebob running in fear of course Patrick was alright but as of today i am afraid of being chased by others after spongebob running in fear from Sandy.