Sanjay and Craig News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by TenPoundHammer, May 3, 2013.

1. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Definitely gives off vibes of current Cartoon Network shows like Adventure Time or Regular Show. Not a huge fan of the "LOL BUTT" jokes, though.

3. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Active Member

Sanjay and Craig is getting some major love from Nick. Not only does it get a month worth of promos, boots SBSP out of the Saturday 10:30 a.m. slot and gets a SBSP premiere as a lead in (the first SBSP in two months) - it also has multiple ads PLUS interviews with the creators/producers of the show. When was the last time that ever happened for a Nicktoon?

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

They really want this show to be its next Spongebob.
    All I can say, is that I'm glad we're getting a 2D cartoon. It feels that Nick has been swamped with CG shows lately, so it's a nice change.

5. TenPoundHammer

Most people on another forum I frequent are saying that they think it's just a Regular Show/Adventure Time ripoff.

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

TV Tropes AMIRITE?

Im ambivalent at the moment.

7. TenPoundHammer

^ Eeyup.

I see the resemblance, but I think calling it a "ripoff" is harsh. Shows can have common elements without one being a rip-off of the other.

8. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

I'm confident about this show. Hopefully, they won't shunt it off the schedule for more Spongebob. (It gives me Regular Show/Adventure Time vibes, but it's definitely not a ripoff.)

9. Vincent Waller

Vincent Waller New Member

A lot of very funny people on this show. The little bits and pieces I've gendered at have been really funny. Looking forward to the premier.

Vincent Waller

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Based on what I've seen and read, this appears to be another show in the "dude bro" mold. I've kind of had my fill of "totally rad dude" protagonists, but there are some funny people working on this show; I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach to this.

11. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    If this replaces SpongeBob once and for all, I'll be very, very happy with that. Though I don't think it looks like something to keep up with, IMHO. The "LOL BUTT" jokes are enough to make me come to that conclusion alone - Regular Show & Bob's Burgers (the vibes at play here) are far more mature and intelligent than this is coming off, and that's not a good sign.

I can see why TV Tropes is royally having a field day with this...

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Tch....yeah, basically this. I'm trying to keep an open mind about Sanjay and Craig, and I wish it well because Nick could use another hit not named SpongeBob or Fairly OddParents and because of the folks involved in it, but if that clip and the other things I've been seeing are any indication of what's to come, then this won't be something I'll be going out of my way to watch.

13. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

It wasn't wise, IMHO, for Nick to have the pilot episode involve the two trying to get to see a "butt transplant". A first impression like that might make people get turned off to the show, thinking it's 90% "Lol Butt!" jokes. I have a feeling that it won't be like that, but it is too hard to tell at such an early point. We'll just have to wait and see...

14. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

Can you believe someone from DeviantArt is making hate art about this show?

15. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away... Moderator Reporter

Guys, let's refrain from bringing up other message boards/art communities/etc. and criticizing them just because they don't share the same opinions. You may or may not agree with what they're doing or saying, but they're entitled to it. Pointing fingers gets us nowhere and is extremely rude.

16. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

17. LexHugo86

LexHugo86 New Member

Another show with ' and ' in the title? i could think up a better name. Outrageous Duo. Rad Awesome Snake Friend, Dude Snake, Buddy Snake, Radical Pals, Wicked Snake Friend, Crazy Snake, Best friend Snake, Harlem Snake

18. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

Just saw the commercial and I can see why people would say this is a Regular Show ripoff with a Bob's Burgers twist.

I don't see this as a ripoff of any sort, just a show that strongly resembles other shows (it shares people of those shows' crews after all). While I do look forward to exactly what Sanjay and Craig has to offer, besides quality animation it really looks no different from any other LCD series Nick has given us for the past several years. In regards to replacing Spongebob, while I crave for that show to end and replaced, I don't see this getting the job done. Trying to replace what Spongebob has become is almost akin to attempting to outsell Thriller; you can certainly try but expect to fail. Even so, based on what has been portrayed thus far, it's clear Nick isn't trying at all. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see when S&C finally hits the airwaves.

19. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

but The Thriller is still good

20. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

Whoa.... hold up now! No way was I trying to imply that Thriller (or anything Michael Jackson) is bad, I was simply using it as a means of making an analogy. Spongebob has become a household name much like how Thriller sold like a household item and still sells to this day so the two are similar in that respect.