1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad yet some how funny news stories.

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Calhoun07, May 21, 2001.

1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Every now and then, a news story gets mentioned that makes you laugh then feel bad for laughing because the circumstances surrounding the story are some what bleak. It's like black humor. The situation is bad, but because of a certain twist in it, it makes it funny and you almost feel guilty for laughing.

When I just signed on, MSN's website came up first, and I happened to notice a certain story on the bottom of the page that caught my eye. Well, here it is...

May 10 — A Norwegian swan named Oscar, famous for his short temper, attacked an elderly woman, biting her bottom, dragging her into a lake and ducking her twice before letting go.

"Oscar came flying from across the other side of the lake and bit me in the buttocks before dragging me about five meters (yards) into the water and under," Kerstin Arbsved told Reuters Monday.[​IMG]

"He only let me go when my daughter started to throw rocks."[​IMG]

Arbsved said the attack happened as she, her daughter and three small grandchildren were strolling in a nature reserve near the southwestern city Kristiansand Saturday.

Police and medical staff were quickly on the scene and Oscar was immediately put down by police. [​IMG]

Arbsved spent the night in a hospital.

That reminds me of another tragic, but yet alluringly funny story (some say I have a twisted sense of humor and they are probably right). It was about a little boy who got so excited when the Teletubbies came on TV that he would dance around and all that jazz and even pull at the TV, I suppose trying to hug the Teletubbies, I don't know. Anyway, he pulled the TV on top of himself and he died. I laughed when I heard that story not because he died, but because it was the freakin Teletubbies that got him so excited in the first place!

A thrid story, from some years ago, a jogger was killed by a hit and run motorist in New York. When asked why the driver killed the jogger, the driver said that the guy was jogging and singing "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!" [​IMG]

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

There's been a story in the news recently, about a MONKEY MAN in India. I guess that could fall into the same vein as well.

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I noticed that one!!!

Yeah, that was right under the woman being attacked by the goose on MSN.com, but I did't read it. The headline made me laugh, tho!

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Re: I noticed that one!!!

What is it? A slow news day? I mean, these things were headlines on the MAIN PAGE. At anyrate, it is good to read something in the news that makes you laugh, given all the bad news lately.