1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: The Phoenix Rises - The Saban Discussion V1

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

I have no interest in the WWE show either but I'm compiling the ratings for the Vortexx as a whole because I have hopes that this block can succeed. I'd personally like to see the show go but hey that's just me. And I do appreciate that it's a brand new show, which I think could bring viewers to the block in the future so that's good.

Hmmm doubling up on ZEXAL premieres each week is something I hadn't thought of. If/when Konami gets to that point where they have enough episodes, it'd be interesting to see what the ratings would look like if they had back-to-back premieres of ZEXAL, WWE and some other new show (Digimon? Please? Pretty please?). That'd be a solid 2-hour block of all new episodes.

I've always felt that blocks like this one are stronger when there's something new for kids to gravitate towards week after week. Yeah the repeat airings are "new" for a lot of kids but there's still something to be said about having actual premieres.

As a kind of side note, I'm interested to see how Cartoon Network's ratings are in the next few weeks given that they'll have their own block of new episodes from 8:30 to 11am (Pokemon, Ben 10, Star Wars, Green Lantern and Young Justice). I think that's a good model for Vortexx to aim for: an action-packed lineup aimed mostly at boys. If those ratings can grow I think that's a positive sign of what Vortexx could shoot for (albeit not as high). I'd like to see Vortexx beating Disney XD's ratings at some point.

2. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I saw that. Wonder why it was taken off for 1 week?

4. Alpha Flight

Alpha Flight Creator of the Mid-Night Detectives comic series.

Thank you for the details Powergate.
    I didn't know they were getting so many new episodes from Konami. It seems like Iron Man now would be the best to drop due the reasons already mentioned in this thread. If not Saban might be able to take the slot away from Yu-Gi-Oh! since they are paying Konami. If Konami was paying for the slot then they would have a right to it. 76% of the viewers are currently voting for Sonic X.

#1004 Alpha Flight, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  5. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Usually, the schedulers probably would wait longer before bringing back a show like Sonic X to the lineup. However, there is something unique happening that may explain the potential early return. Sonic is going to be mentioned a lot more often in the next two months, because of the new movie Wreck-It Ralph, and as seen at IGN, Sonic the Hedgehog's appearance in it is definitely being used to promote the movie

It is possible Saban Brands wants to capitalize on the hype for the movie by showing Sonix X on the Vortexx around the time of the movie's release. It would help explain the sudden poll question appearing this weekend IMO. Sonic the Hedgehog himself is a very well-known character, and as Nickelodeon has done with literally thousands upon thousands of Spongebob airings, sometimes seeing the character on TV is enough to get audiences to tune in, even if the episodes are reruns.

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I hope Wreck-It-Ralph's Sonic cameo helps the Vortexx.

7. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Strange, TVGuide.com and Zap2it still have it listed as another Rescue Heroes.

If I had to guess, they may have thought Rescue Heroes would have gotten higher ratings than Cubix at 7am - possibly what it gets at 7:30am, but it probably was about the same (which was usually the case in the Kids' WB!/CW4Kids/Toonzai days, if memory serves) so they decided to put Cubix back so they don't burn through all of Rescue Heroes too fast.

8. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

I don't think it would be smart to get rid of Iron Man, considering it is the 4th highest rated show on the block after JLU, WWE and DBZ Kai.

9. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

But what else can they get rid of? They're stuck with Yu-gi-oh. I doubt Saban would want to get rid of PR. Besides it does pretty well for its timeslot.

10. gmster

gmster Active Member

Unfortunately, if Sonic X is to enter the lineup, then the choice of which show to axe will come down to Iron Man or JLU. If that's the case, I'd rather they keep JLU. Although, as mediocre as Armored Adventures is, it's way better than Sonic X. A sad state of shape Vortexx is in.

11. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I think they're most likely to get rid of Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy. The DVDs Saban is selling right now are of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Samurai / Super Samurai. They are selling toys based on Samurai. The only value that Lost Galaxy adds is in the ratings. It's not promoting the brand all that much either. They might as well air Sonic X instead of Lost Galaxy. Especially if right now Power Rangers is the lowest rated show on the block besides the E/I hour and the Yu-Gi-Oh! shows.

I don't really want to see Power Rangers leave the block since it makes the block seem more diverse, but Sonic X has done amazing in that slot in the past. Right now Iron Man is doing pretty well too (considering the ratings of the block), if it gets a better lead in, then JLU, WWE, DBZ might rise in the process.

I'd still rather that Sonic X miraculously become an E/I show. It can't be that far from being E/I, can it? The themes aren't too unlike Cubix. Still, that's unlikely, I imagine that Power Rangers will go.

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This thread is now well over a thousand posts, so I'm going to close it. There will be a new talkback thread momentarily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.