1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: The Phoenix Rises - The Saban Discussion V1

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I actually believe Cubix is more a fit for The Vortexx than Rescue Heroes, since it's a bit more action-packed and fantasy-based like the other shows sans WWE, but it's been run to death.

CW (Vortexx) 0.5/3 Avg. (7a-12p)
    Cubix 0.2/2; Rescue Heroes 0.3/3; Power Rangers Lost Galaxy 0.5/3; Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal 0.6/3; Iron Man Armored Adventures 0.5/2; Justice League Unlimited 0.6/3; WWE Saturday Morning Slam 0.7/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.3/1; Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal 0.2/1

...Wasn't this around the time Toonzai would pick up? I know even in the Toonzai days, they'd have ratings like this for the summer but then things would start breaking 0.8s... this week, only Kai did. I blame Cablevision.

2. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The new Zexal at 8:30 had 3 times the ratings of rerun Zexal at 11:30. I can see why they only focus on 8 to 11 in the TV ads. The Yu-Gi-Oh rerun hour almost did worse in ratings than the 1-hour E/I block at the start of the block, and did do worse with the share numbers (the number after the "/" part). There is something interesting to note about the competition's programming however. The entire 8 to 11 am advertised Vortexx block at the moment is only going up against one show at the moment from Nickelodeon, Spongebob Squarepants, and Nickelodoen was #1 last Saturday morning with that one show.

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Those ratings are pretty bad. The fact that only one show got over the 0.8 mark is pretty sad, although I guess that's an improvement over last week when none of the shows got to that mark. The 11AM slot did especially bad, but I think that's a combination of how those slots never did that well to begin with and the fact that they aren't advertised at all. I'm still hoping that the block can improve in the coming weeks.

Also, I think that we're getting pretty close to the end of this thread. Does anyone have suggestions for the next title? I can't think of one at the moment, but I thought of putting it out there just in case other people wanted to make some more suggestions for the next thread's title.

4. gmster

gmster Active Member

DBZ Kai is the highest rated show of the morning at 0.9, WWE in second place with 0.7, new Zexal ties with JLU at 0.6.

Basically, CW really needs to get the Cablevision issue sorted out.

Also, swap out Iron Man:AA with Avengers:EMH. Saban supposedly has a good relationship with Disney, so it shouldn't be that much of a stretch. EMH is coming to an end soon, and Disney wants to phase it out for Avengers Assemble. Easy acquisition, promotion opportunity for both parties.

Saban Talkback: An Uphill Battle

5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

How about "Enter the Vortexx" as part of the title?

6. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Uphill Battle is good, because these consistently bad ratings are suggesting that's what they're facing.

7. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

I like the uphill battle part, but I'd like Vortexx to be somewhere in the title. I know when I was first looking for this thread I didn't know it was about the Vortexx block until I looked into it.

Still though, the ratings... Yikes

8. The Master C

The Master C Member

Looks like Sonic X could be on Vortexx sooner than expected......

(Hint: Look on the Vortexx website.)

9. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

Now the question is, if Sonic X is added to the Vortexx lineup, what show will it replace?

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Please replace the 8:30 Zexal Airing,Please replace the 8:30 Zexal Airing...

11. powergate92

As I've said before on page 42, unless Konami only gives them 26 or less New Episodes in the "Broadcast Year," Saban can't replace any airings of Yu-Gi-Oh. See my post about it on page 38: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/show...The-Saban-Discussion-V1&p=4037624#post4037624

As well, the 8:30 airing of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is the highest rated airing of Yu-Gi-Oh on the block.

I'm thinking they'll move Power Rangers Lost Galaxy to another time replacing one of the other shows and then add Sonic X at 8. Since Sonic X did get higher ratings at that time than Power Rangers Lost Galaxy does now.

#971 powergate92, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  12. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

How sad. I was so excited to see Power Rangers On Broadcast Television...

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would be kind of disappointed if they added Sonic X to the lineup. I was hoping that they would give it a longer break before putting it on the block. At the same time though, I would understand why they would do something like that. After all, Sonic X got impressive ratings on Toonzai, despite going through the series so many times, and the block's ratings, outside of the first week, have been really bad, so they do need the boost. I'm not sure what show they could get rid of. I don't know if they'd want to get rid of JLU or Iron Man. Maybe they could get rid of that wrestling show, although I'm not sure if there's some contract issue keeping it on the block like with three slots for Yu-Gi-Oh! DM and Zexal.

14. gmster

gmster Active Member

I made an account at MyVortexx just to vote no. I'd hate to see JLU or even Iron Man get bumped off for Sonic X, of all shows. It should've died with 4kids. It's been rerun to death for so many years, and just a terrible show in general.

15. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I personally voted yes because I do want to see it on the Vortexx, but I wasn't expecting it this soon. with 78% saying yes and only 22% saying no, it looks like Sonic X will be coming back pretty soon. Though if it does come back, I don't want it to replace JLU, Zexal, or Iron Man, or even Lost Galaxy. It would be sad to see any of them go. You know, wasn't the Konami deal for Yu-Gi-Oh that Saban would air 2-3 airings of Yu-Gi-Oh on Vortexx? Couldn't they just get rid of one of the Yu-Gi-Oh airings and still be fine with 2?

EDIT: Just saw a commercial advertising the Sonic X poll on Vortexx. At this point, I think it's coming back.

#975 Looney Tunes Fan, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  16. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Personally, I don't think action shows alone will reel in kids. If Vortexx wants to get out of the ratings gutter, it needs a little thing called variety. You know, comedies and the like. If the guys over at Saban want ratings, they need to mix up the line up a little bit. Here's what I'd do:
    • Keep DBZ Kai and WWE Saturday Morning Slam
    • Air a more well known Power Rangers series
    • Pick up some comedies and the new Digimon
    • Try to shorten the Yu-Gi-Oh! airings
    Problem is, this probably won't be possible until Summer 2013 at the soonest.

17. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Well, the new Digimon being picked up is pretty much a given, according to a Kids Guide of some sort(name escapes me), Saban already picked up Xros Wars, now under the title of Digimon Fusion. This is probably how I would do the schedule:
    1. Julius Jr. can be put in the 7am slot.
    2. Keep Rescue Heroes at 7:30
    3. If Sonic X is really coming back, place him at 8am, since he's always gotten good rating in the 8am slot.
    4. Keep Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal at 8:30
    5. Digimon Fusion should go next to Zexal at 9am, so that they can have back to back premieres
    6. JLU can stay here at 9:30, unless the original Justice League got picked up, then place that at 9:30am
    10. WWE shouldn't probably go anywhere either, so that can stay at 10am I guess.
    11. Dragon Ball Z Kai can stay at 10:30 until it's run is finished. Then, you could throw Iron Man or Power Rangers in here.
    12. Since I believe the Konami deal is only 2-3 airings, remove the original Yu-Gi-Oh once their done promoting stuff. Power Rangers, Iron Man, or even GX or 5Ds could go in this slot.
    13. Since Zexal is somewhat popular with the kid audience, keep the re-run here, or throw in original Yu-Gi-Oh, or even less likely, GX and 5Ds.

18. powergate92

Only if Konami only gives them 26 or less New Episodes in the "Broadcast Year," which is unlikely to happen right now.

19. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Y'know, maybe there is nothing Saban can do about these ratings. Kids can watch the 24/7 networks all the time, and they can get loyal to them. What does this block have that they don't? I don't think any kids today are dying for reruns of Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy. Not to mention this is on a network that a lot of people have. It can't be the network every kid watches. If it was on Fox or CBS it would be a different story. I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but the ratings speak for themselves. This may be a lost cause.

20. gmster

gmster Active Member

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that have never even heard of CW or don't know what channel it's on. Cablevision replacing it with the Style network certainly doesn't help.
    Depends on if they're making a profit or not.

Anyways, the edits to "Kid's Stuff"

-KGBeast's arm gun was given laser sounds.
    -Mordred telling the team they will be executed was cut.

That was pretty much it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.