1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: The Digital World Awaits - Saban Discussion V4

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

What's so bad about a short skirt? Does it really need to be censored? It's not like I care, but it's weird how they have to do that on the CW.

2. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I dont care either, but in the Middle East, short skirts are a no-no.

3. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

A friend contacted Vortexx and they said that if they get enough money for licensing shows and the time slots they Might try to get Vortexx on Weekdays!

4. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Better hope Vortexx grows on the kids, then!

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Or that they get lots of funding from Toy Sales. Or ratings if they dont get Toy Money.

6. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

That would be awesome sauce to the tenth power.

7. FidgitStyles

Going weekdays was how Fox Kid's became a major player. That and their partnership with Warner Bros. Say what you want, but it was Tiny Toons and Batman the Animated Series that put that network on the map, not Power Rangers. Power Rangers was the icing on top of Fox Kid's cake.

What will help them is their choice of programs. They need episodes that have 52 episodes or more, and unfortunately I can think of 4 that are currently airing on the block. Three of which used to be owned by 4Kid's, and Dragonball Z Kai. Then there is the E/I programming mandate. They could show a Digimon series.

I would love to see Tamers again but, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the main Digimon a little trigger happy when he Digivolves in that series?

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tamers being on the air again would be great, but it would have to be edited down a bit more. That dub got away with a lot of stuff on Fox back in the day and I could see a good chuck of things in the dub not flying with the CW's standards.

9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Yup and Animaniacs. Margaret Loesch also Credits X-Men.

10. MadMan400096

Okay, so now that we're reaching the last 10 post before the big 1K, let's decide on a name. So far we have "The Digital World Still Awaits" from FidgitStyles, "Searching for Traction" from gmster, and my own "Quest for Ratings". Any more suggestions or votes for one of these three (assuming I got the count right)?

11. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

The Pittsburgh Press - Google News Archive Search

This is an article that explains the deal Fox Kids had with affiliates that aired its shows!

Oh and the "Quest For Ratings" does seem more appropiate now. Although the "The Digital World Still Awaits" from FidgitStyles is funnier!

12. gmster

gmster Active Member

A weekday block on CW isn't going to happen. For one, they've renewed Bill Cunningham through Spring 2015.

13. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

True... Still its nice to see that they are interested in one.

Also, what title do you want for the new thread gmster?

14. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Its highly unlikely that Vortexx will ever expand to weekdays. One of the reasons why Fox and WB dropped their weekday line-ups was because the affiliates wanted that time back.

Ratings would have to have a substantial increase for Saban to even be able to convince The CW to go for it.

15. gmster

gmster Active Member

It'll take more than ratings. Giving up time to the network means giving up local ad time.

16. MadMan400096

*Looks up the info* Aw. Well, it could be possible to move it to an earlier timeslot (WPIX, WGN, and WCCB already do so). I doubt anyone outside of the major markets is watching any...oh.

Still, even if the affiliates don't go for it, it would help the SatAM ratings. Aside from the article above, I read another article about PBS Kids that said its shows have become rather popular not only with prechoolers, but older kids as well, no doubt helped by a weekday placement. I don't know how much weight this argument carries, though, due to the conspicuous differences.

17. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I'd understand it if they wanted to air "The Big Bang Theory" in Syndication, but that "Bill Cunningham" isnt that much of a ratings winner. With Vortexx, they'd have toy and merch money on top of ad revenue.

18. gmster

gmster Active Member

Bill Cunningham is a time slot winner in the top markets. It's also produced by Tribune, CW's major affiliate artery. That's enough pull to keep it where it is.

I have yet to see any evidence that CW gets merchandise revenue from Saban. Even if they did, the affiliates don't see any of that.

19. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Oh ok, then you right.

Sigh.

20. FidgitStyles

I would say PBS Kid's have kind of a strong line-up in the what used to be PBS Kids Go! hours (Cyber Chase, Aurther, Wordgirl, and Wild Kratts). Especially since they all still show new episodes during weekdays. Ah, public funding or as the internet calls it, crowd funding. And government funding. I do miss Fetch with Ruff Ruffman. That was fun to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.