1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: The Digital World Awaits - Saban Discussion V4

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

I was watching DBZKai on MyVortexx.com, and I saw the NickToons logo at the end. I guess Funimation forgot to get rid of it.
    How do I make it play?
    EDIT: We're almost at 1000 posts already.

#961 Ryan Neely, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  2. FidgitStyles

So will we name the next one "The Digital World Still Awaits" then?

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would be kind of funny, but we can try for a different kind of name since we don't know when Digimon Fusion will air on the Vortexx.

4. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Yeah, I'm referring to their instant streaming service. Season 1 was added some time ago (I don't even think that's on now) but Season 2 never was. I know the show is available on DVD (which I think are still in print; they're pretty affordable on Amazon; but no sets) but I think that is the only legal way to watch TSSM season 2 besides that.

Crackle's not working for me either. In fact, the show's not even listed on the main page.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

If it was there, it's not anymore. That's the only episode I can find listed, and the video itself seems to have been removed.

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Then its EVEN MORE FITTING! LOL!

7. gmster

gmster Active Member

"Searching For Traction".

8. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

How about "Quest for Ratings" (in reference to that South Park episodes, since it fits the block's current situation pretty well)?

9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

That's more Nickelodeon's thing. B-Daman Crossfire's toy sales and Zexal's Card sales keep it in better shape than Toonzai and its Nickelodeon who is.bleeding ratings So its not a quest for ratings. And even if they were in bad shape, EVERY CHANNEL is out for ratings, TV Channel's arent charities you know?

10. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Toy sales aren't always enough to put bread on the table, and besides, not all the shows are connected to major toy lines or huge franchises (at least, Bolts & Blip and Sendokai Champions aren't, and neither was Nanoboy).

11. gmster

gmster Active Member

I don't see how toy sales for the acquired shows are connected to the block. Yu-Gi-Oh card sales go to Konami, and B-Daman toy sales go to Sunrights/Hasbro. Vortexx only has broadcast deals with the respective providers.

12. FidgitStyles

At this point, it doesn't seem like ratings really matter to Saban/Vortexx. If they did then Sonic X would have be gone a long time ago, same with Yu-gi-oh and Zexal (Of course we know there are other reasons why those two are still on). They seem to be making their own rules.\ as they go along.

That's it. "Playing By Their Own Rules (As Well As CW's)"

13. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

That's weird. All 26 episodes of The Spectacular Spider-Man are available for streaming on Crackle for me. I'm from Canada so perhaps the videos were taken down for the Vortexx broadcast? I've seen some references pointing to it being uploaded onto Youtube, and Daily Motion by Crackle so I doubt it was always Canada-only.

14. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

This guy knows what Im talking about!

Also,Zexal is there because of Contractual Agreements and I think some B-Daman toy money DOES go to Saban because they cite improved toy sales as an plus to their block.

15. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

My theory is that they just get the rights to air the show for really cheap.

16. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

That's true. But I think that applies for Bolts and Blip and Sonic X.

17. FidgitStyles

I agree, somewhat with that. Why else did we get the Christmas specials we got last year?

18. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I think each of the shows on Vortexx has a role and a reason for being on the block.

DBZKai,JLU and Spectacular Spiderman are on it to boost ratings.
    B-Daman CrossFire is on it for toy money (Even Saban himself gave Fox Kids some money for Power Rangers. To say the ratings were high is an understatement!)
    Bolts And Blip is inexpensive and adds some variety.
    Chuck and Friends is there to add variety to the E/I hour...but its ratings are below anything ever aired on that hour.
    Rescue Heroes gives stable ratings to the E/I hour.
    Sendokai Champions is a mystery.
    Sonic X is inexpensive and gave the block a "Come for Sonic,Stay for Vortexx" hook. Its ratings have not been too hot lately and its probably getting the boot as soon as Saban can find something to replace it.
    AND NOW...

Digimon Fusion! The Variety+Ratings Boost+Toy Sales "Wild Card". Its ratings havent been to hot on cable so lets hope it gives Vortexx a boost!

19. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

Yeah, I have a feeling that Digimon Fusion will be a VERY good addition to Vortexx.

20. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I know right?

Also, its weird that the Middle East had no problems with CrossFight B-Daman (The Show's uncut form) Natsumi's short skirt. Maybe they edited it on their own...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.