Saban Talkback: The Digital World Awaits - Saban Discussion V4

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Welcome to the fourth talkback for Saban's new Saturday morning block called the Vortexx. The lineup for the block is currently listed on their website here: MyVortexx | Vortexx on the CW

There have been a few changes since the start of the last talkback thread. Transformers Prime has been taken off the lineup and there's a show called Gangnam Girls that they have that may now be Glitter Force. New programs for their Fall lineup have been announced and they are Spectacular Spider-Man, Sendokai Champions, Bolts and Blip and of course, Digimon Fusion, which will be the first Digimon to air on basic cable, as well as on television in general, in years. Fusion is scheduled to air on Nickelodeon first and then later on the Vortexx this Fall. Will Digimon Fusion prove to be a success like Digimon was for their old Fox Kids block? Will we ever find out what Ganganma Girls/Glitter Force is? Will Saban ever get another Power Ranger season on their own block? Grab your Digivices and lets find out as we continue to discuss the Vortexx block and Saban in general as we await to see the new Digital World.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Cool, the new thread is here. I hope that by this Winter, Vortexx gets a more solid line-up. Right now, Zexal is the one show I watch on the block...

3. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Well, only about 2 months left until the best Marvel cartoon of all time returns to television. The next 2-3 months are gonna be a long wait.

4. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I hope so too. I think they will, they really want Vortexx to succeed after all.

5. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely New Member

I can't wait 'til fall. I'm mainly looking forward to Fusion, but I might like the others. I've already seen The Spectacular Spiderman and I loved it.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I haven't seen too much of Spectacular yet, and I'm tempted to watch it, but I'm worried that it'll be censored like JLU and Prime...

7. macattack

macattack I see you!

Spectacular Spider-Man was written to conform to the CW's S&P. It should not be edited but the CW's S&P may have gotten stricter in the years since SSM first aired. So it's a waiting game.

8. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Personally, I've never seen Spectacular Spider-Man, but considering how everyone says it's theHoly Grail of Marvel adaptations, I guess I'll have to check it out.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I've only seen most of the first season of Spectacular Spider-Man. I never saw the second season. I liked what I saw and I want to see if I still like it. Digimon Fusions will hopefully be good. The original version was a fun ride, if one completely ignores Young Hunters at least, and I hope that the dub will capture that same fun feeling, as well as maintain the good storyline and characters. They should also have Zexal II, the second season of the series, on the block by some point in the fall too. It's still not what I'd consider good persay, but I'm more curious about what voices they'll give to the new characters introduced in that arc.

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I didnt like it at first but after sometime I loved it.

11. MadMan400096

Figures the first weekend I completely miss Vortexx (thanks to a combination of watching Sanjay and Craig and the channel on Charter absolutely refusing to show) is in the middle of a drought filled with reruns.

12. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

They had a Question episode of JLU today. It would be fantastic if The Question got his own cartoon or live action tv show. He works well with other DC characters and be a great successor to Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Maybe it's nuts, but Vortexx has been so action oriented I'm interested in seeing what Glitter Force will be like.
    Interesting choice that they are bringing back Spectacular Spider-Man. It’s time to erase the memory of all those dismal Toonzai years.

Too bad they didn’t find an extra season of Legion of Super Heroes hidden between the cushions.

13. MadMan400096

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if they put Krypto the Superdog in the E/I spot. I haven't seen it in years, so I can't speak for its quality (or lack thereof), but Kids' WB! aired it as an E/I show during its first year on The CW, and it would be a relatively cheap replacement DC show for JLU.

14. gmster

gmster Active Member

Both Krypto the Superdog and Transformers: Rescue Bots would be excellent E/I content for the block.

15. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

Yes!
    I didn't realize Krypto was E/I. It was aimed at kids but plenty entertaining.

Nanoboy is just too hard to watch.
    About the only funny thing I've seen on it is the mosquito episode where they are chased into the house by only two mosquitoes, although they were horribly drawn and looked the size of birds. Then later they clearly drew him going "Gross! Don't show me that!" but the dialogue was "I never knew mosquitoes were so interesting. Tell me more."

16. MadMan400096

Agreed, but I quit after the first day. While I still turn it on, I just drown it out with whatever else I do on the internet. Bad voice acting, horrendous animation, plots that feel half-baked. I hope to God this thing gets booted by the fall.

17. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

Those are great suggestions! They would easily make the E/I block better and more enjoyable. And like MadMan said, they could be replacements to JLU and Transformers: Prime. I'd watch that. It would liven up the block and help kick things off, especially if they lose Sonic X in the fall. If they do get rid of Sonic X and add interesting E/I shows, the block becomes much more colorful.

In the last thread Burgundy Ranger said that the 9:30 - 11:00 are kinda the prime time slots on saturday morning blocks (the time slots the do the best in ratings). If Saban Brands really is disappointed by the ratings of Saturday Morning Slam, anyone think that they'll take it out of that "prime time slot" of 10:00 am and move it earlier?

I was thinking they'd maybe move it to 9 and try to give Digimon Fusion one of the best times possible, one of which could be 10:00.

18. macattack

macattack I see you!

You know, while I don't think Saban can get new episodes of Spectacular made, I wonder that if Spectacular does really well, could Saban commission a new series from Marvel, Spider-Man or otherwise? In other words, pay Marvel for the rights to create a series based on whatever characters Saban wants to base a show on?

Just a thought.

I don't think Marvel would permit "their" people to be involved with such a production though so Saban would have to put together a show from scratch I'm pretty sure, like Sony put Spectacular together from scratch.

19. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Probably not, since Marvel owns all television rights to Spidey & they're hellbent on making all Spider-Man cartoons themselves. Though, if the ratings for Spectacular are good, it could show Marvel what people want in a Spider-Man cartoon quality-wise.

20. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I read this article on AWN that talked about the rise and fall of Saturday Morning Cartoons. It said that at their prime a SatAM cartoon could score about ​20 Million Viewers!!!​ That's insane! Also PBS Kids show Curious George scored 5 MILLION Kids, and Im talking about a 2013 show!

I wonder how could Vortexx reach Curious George Level Ratings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.