1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: End Of A Legacy - Saban Talkback V7

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thepowerofnone

Thepowerofnone Active Member

2. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Trini's face looks like Disney (the previous owners of Power Rangers) drew it. In fact, people believe this came from Disney who wanted to turn Power Rangers into a cartoon. Also, about that murder thing, I believe Power Rangers will be removed from Nick, Nicktoons, Hulu, Netflix, etc. until further notice (I'm NOT kidding, either).

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From this article, it sounds like it was more out of self-defense, especially when he contacted the police afterwards. Still, that's pretty bad, but I don't know if it would impact Power Rangers that badly. I doubt that they'll remove it completely. Maybe take the airings off of Nickelodeon and Nicktoons at the worst, but I don't see them removing it from Hulu, Netflix and other services like those.

4. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Who are these people that believe Disney produced that pitch? The video begins with a clear Saban Brands credit and that poster in the Ladybug trailer is pretty undeniable ... Disney had pondered the possibility of animated Power Rangers, but this wasn't from them. It seems Power Rangers Origins was actually produced in 2012, which would be two years after Disney sold the property to Saban Brands. Given Disney seemed to want nothing to do with PR, especially by the end of that run, I can't imagine a pitch from the mid-late 00s looking that good.

As for Ricardo Medina, I can't really say much. A murder charge and a $1 million bond indicate that the police know a lot more than they're currently sharing. But then, Medina is the one who called it in ... At most, maybe Samurai and Wild Force will be temporarily pulled from TV and online venues. I don't think Medina and Power Rangers are relevant enough to cause some kind of ruckus. Neither of the series he appeared in are currently being marketed.

5. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Nicktoons has replaced Samurai/Super Samurai with another Megaforce/Super Megaforce.

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Figures. I doubt they'll remove Power Rangers entirely since it was just one actor and for the time being it seems like it was in self defense but yeah, we are probably not going to see Samuri/Wild Force in a while, if we do ever see it again.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

After discussing it over with the staff, we've decided to close this thread mainly due to how it doesn't really tie into this new section. It's more of a general Saban thread now rather than a Vortexx thread, which was fine prior to this new section being made. That was one reason why I was willing to keep the thread open after the block ended, but with this new section, it doesn't really fit and it would be better to keep this section focused on the Saturday Morning blocks like Vortexx rather than general current Saban news.

I will be making a general Saban thread to focus on any news that comes up for their properties and for the company in general in the General Animation section. If you wish to discuss anything about the Vortexx, you're more than welcome to make a new thread about it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.