1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: Building Blocks - The Saban Discussion V3

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

My guess is that they probably wanted It to air on both The Vortexx and NICK at about the same time (i.e., so both NICK and The CW would both be the "original" network), but there was probably confusion about where it would air "first", which led to people thinking it air on The Vortexx first.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that they're using these premieres to promote Nickelodeon, but rather to promote Digimon Fusion initially more than they could have with the Vortexx. They could have commercials during Nick's airings to promote the Vortexx, which would cause more kids to possibly check out the block as well.

3. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

That's...actually a pretty smart idea. Get the kids to come for Digimon and stay for the rest of Vortexx.

4. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Member

[​IMG]
    Looks like there trying to aim both demographics with this one.
    What do you think people, will this be a success or will it bomb again like every single other revival they tried.

5. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

But couldn't they premiere Fusion on Vortexx first? I'm not sure I see the harm in that. It can only help the block. And the episodes would receive the same promotion that they normally would on Nick. Then during commercial or after an episode ends, they could run a commercial that says premieres are on Vortexx (which would only air a week or less ahead of the Nick premieres).

I don't really think it would effect anyone in particular (like you or me) either way, it just felt odd that they wouldn't put the brand new episodes on Vortexx (a block they own) first.

Unless Nick wouldn't promote or treat the show in the same way if they weren't getting brand new episodes.

6. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

Dear god, did they combine "Care Bears" with "My Pet Monster"?

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That image is terrifying for some reason.

It wouldn't hurt the block to premiere Fusion first, but I'm not sure how much it would help it out. Digimon wasn't a huge hit. It was successful, but it wasn't a household name and it's been off the air for years. The last series to air on basic cable was Frontier when it was on UPN and then ABC Family's Jetix and that was a number of years ago. I don't think that Data Squad ever aired outside of Jetix channel. Airing on the Vortexx wouldn't necessarily give them bigger ratings. Getting some exposure from Nickelodeon, which more kids probably watch than they watch the Vortexx, and then having them say that episodes can be seen again on the Vortexx or something like that would give the block more exposure.

While they do own the Vortexx block, it isn't surprising that they aren't putting Fusions there first when Nickelodeon is obviously going to give the brand more exposure than it would if it was on their block first.

8. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Im so tempted to sig that.

9. Mohji

Mohji Member

Given Nick's treatment of Power Rangers, I have a feeling that while Digimon Fusion will premiere there first, Vortexx will likely eventually surpass it with new episode premieres. Unless of course Saban has an exclusivity deal with Nick where they get first dibs on new episodes, in which case the show will be stretched out and new episodes delayed for as long as possible.

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Some "News" about Saban Brands. Sorry if old!

Aaaand!
    I didnt notice till you guys brought it up, but we ARE getting close to the end of the thread!

11. Mohji

Mohji Member

Speaking of which, here's my idea for a new thread title:

Saban Talkback: A Vortexx of Uncertainty - The Saban Discussion V4

12. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

That's good!

13. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I think I agree with you, especially if Nick were to give the show less promotion or not air it at all unless given the premieres, then its probably a good idea to air it on Nick first and Vortexx second because Digimon definitely needs to have more exposure than Vortexx alone.

I'll just try to play Devil's advocate: When the Hub was first starting out, like Vortexx is now, would they have been better off trying to get their Hasbro shows (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Transformers: Prime, etc) on Nick and repeating them later on The Hub like Saban is doing with their shows?

I don't think they (Hasbro) would have considered that. And I think something like MLP: FIP would have even less of a chance to be a hit than Digimon when it was starting out on The Hub.

Also, Hasbro owns those brands outright, so they would be even more invested in brand exposure than Saban. They could've easily tried to place the shows on Nick and repeated them on the Hub. It's true that the Hub would air the shows more, but it would still be far less watched than Nick.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I understand your point here, but I'm not sure if the comparison with The Hub and the Vortexx is accurate. While The Hub isn't as widely available as Nick or even the Vortexx is, it's still a channel that offers entertainment every day as opposed to a weekly block. They still have more time to promote their own shows than Saban can with Vortexx, so I don't think that the comparison works that well.

15. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I would like a more "Carefully Optimistic" Title than that.

16. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Here's my suggestion, considering Saban's main focus at the moment is on bringing back Digimon:

Saban Talkback: The Digital World Awaits - The Saban Discussion V4

17. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Oh yes! THAT'S PERFECT!

18. MadMan400096

Pretty good, especially considering the digital focus of Saban's time and money.

19. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

And just in time for the new thread!

20. MadMan400096

I think we should see what Light Lucario thinks. Any objections?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.