1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saban Talkback: Building Blocks - The Saban Discussion V3

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

I hope that they get Sonic SATAM on Vortexx sometime. That show was amazing. Plus it's owned by Cookie Jar, the creators of Nanoboy.

2. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Are you kiddding!? That's a TERRIBLE name!

3. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd pick "Glitter Force" over "Gangnam Girls". The Gangnam Style craze is already on its way out, so by the time a show called "Gangnam Girls" premieres, to have that name as a reference would be horribly outdated and the show itself would be potentially laughed out of any chance at popularity. Not to mention that "Gangnam" is an actual place in Seoul, South Korea, so if this IS a Pretty Cure dub, you'd have a strong implication that Saban Brands thinks South Korea and Japan are the same country.

"Glitter Force", by comparison, is just a really odd title for a show.

4. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Took the words right out of my mouth. Still hoping it isn't a PreCure dub, though.

5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

I was going they'd add another Power Rangers season but I guess not.

6. gmster

gmster Active Member

That is disappointing. I'd like confirmation on why it's not on the block, be it BS&P or branding reasons.

7. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

I'd lean towards standards chickening out. I doubt Saban would want to limit the promotion of their own franchise to cable. I blame the basic premise (groups of teenagers gaining spandex getups to beat up aliens, often using giant robots). The whole Sandy Hook thing is still fresh in the minds of Americans old enough to understand it, and the last thing parents want to see is minors risking their lives to fight some galactic freaks.

8. gmster

gmster Active Member

Thing is, it stayed on the block for a couple of weeks after Sandy Hook occurred. If the network chickend out, wouldn't they have pulled it immediately? If it's true, then that's a major problem for Saban. Being on a network that won't air their #1 property. That's not a good omen for Vortexx.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if the Sandy Hook tragedy is even a factor. It would make sense, but since it was on the block for awhile after it happened, I'm not sure if that's much of a factor. They would have taken it off the lineup a lot sooner if that was the case. I think it's more likely that the edits and standards for the CW are more strict than they originally thought and they would have to make more edits for all of the Power Rangers seasons.

10. gmster

gmster Active Member

I'm thinking something had to trigger it being taken off. If CW was that strict to begin with, one has to wonder how they were able to air enough episodes as they did.

11. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

I am hoping the vortexx adds the buu saga of DBZ Kai to the lineup after they finish the cell saga that is.

12. Ryan Neely

Ryan Neely Member

Maybe parents complained.

13. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

#973 powergate92, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  14. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If they could, I believe Saban would be airing PR episodes right now on the block. I do think they would have mentioned something about PR in the latest Vortexx press release. Airing classic PR on Vortexx might be something Saban Brands wants to do, but could CW be keeping them from airing it?

15. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

In any case, it's one thing when an American show (especially one from an outside company like Warner Bros.) is edited for broadcast (especially if it's a rerun that's already been seen on another channel), but when an English dub of a Japanese anime (or any other foreign show, for that matter) is edited (especially when editing may not be necessary for certain scenes or other parts) during the actual production process, that changes all the rules. Still, assuming Saban Brands is somehow involved in how certain shows are edited (although if anything, I'm thinking that somehow both companies are doing it), I'm (at least for now) willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at least.

Having said all that however, we also need to keep in mind that some edits may have been made for time as well...

16. gmster

gmster Active Member

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's not too surprising. They would want to give Fusion as much exposure as possible and putting the premiere on Nickelodeon would help with that. I just wonder how many episodes Nickelodeon will air before Vortexx starts airing the series.

18. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Saban Talkback: Finding a Foothold in the Vortexx

(or, just Finding a Foothold)

19. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Megaforce would benefit from the same arrangement but I doubt Nickelodeon would be all that receptive to tweaking its agreement w/ SB.

I still hold the belief that Saban Brands entered into its Megaforce agreement with Nickelodeon a relatively short time before word got out that 4Kids was going to auction its assets. Had SB known it would have a shot at the CW kids block, it might have negotiated some sort of conditional second-outlet clause into the Nick deal.

20. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I'm still a little confused why they wouldn't just premiere Digimon Fusion on Vortexx and then have it repeat on Nick. It would still have the same exposure, since it would still be new to the people who watch Nick (assuming they don't watch Vortexx the episodes would essentially be premieres). It's just that this way they would also give exposure to Vortexx since it would be the place where new episodes originally air and they could place commercials for Vortexx during the repeats.

Instead of using premieres of Digimon Fusion to promote Nick, they could've used Nick to promote both Digimon Fusion and Vortexx.

I guess a reason not to do it would be if Nick refused to air it or paid them less for the episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.