Saban Talkback: An Uphill Battle - The Saban Discussion V2

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the second talkback thread for Saban's still fairly new Saturday morning block, the Vortexx. D Dubbs asked me to handle these talkbacks from now on and I'm glad to help him out. The lineup for the block is currently listed on their website here: http://myvortexx.com/

Despite the first week's ratings, the block hasn't been doing too well, even arguably getting worse ratings than Toonzai did. Currently, there is a poll on the Vortexx's to choose whether or not people want Sonic X to come on the block and the majority of people, at this point, have voted for yes. What show will be replaced with Sonic X if they'll bring it to the block, especially when they are obligated to keep three slots for Yu-Gi-Oh! right now? Will the ratings improve? This thread is meant to discuss this new block and any developments for its shows. As the title hints, they still have a long way to go to make the Vortexx a hit Saturday morning block.

2. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Yay! A New Thread!

I hope Lost Galaxy will stay...

3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

God, where the hell are they gonna put Sonic? 2 hours are already filled up with E/I and Yu-Gi-Oh(both of which can never leave.), and then got another Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. That's 2 and 1 half hours filled with stuff they can't let go of. WWE probably can't go either, since it's so new and WWE probably made a deal with Saban to have it on the Vortexx. Dragon Ball Z Kai is still airing new to broadcast episodes, and it's broadcast rights are owned by Saban anyways. Lost Galaxy is owned by Saban too, so I don't see them going anywhere either. That only leaves Iron Man or JLU to be wiped off the schedule. And the fact that Digimon Fusion is coming in the future too, both Iron Man and JLU are probably gonna be gone eventually. Out of the two(I would like both to stay, but at this rate one will have to go), I'd probably want Iron Man to go(as already said). Man, this is gonna be an interesting year with Vortexx around now...

4. gmster

gmster Active Member

I thought the block was doing fine and dandy, then the prospect of Sonic X knocking off Iron Man or JLU ruined it for me.

The Sonic X E/I route would be ok, though.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I can't think of one thing in Sonic X that would qualify it as E/I though...

I doubt Iron Man and JLU will be removed so soon, Saban probably went through a bit of effort to obtain the airing rights to those shows. WWE obviously isn't going, and I don't see why they'd remove DBZKai. More than likely, the show to be kicked off will be Lost Galaxy.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Well, apparently, as long as you have kid-friendly morals, like teamwork and whatever, tn it still counts as E/I, so Sonic X might be eligible.

7. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

I love Sonic but I would hate to lose Iron Man or Justice League, if only because Sonic X isn't that great of a show. And while not a great show, I'd hate to see Sonic being billed as E/I.

Sonic X returning to the block so soon would only make Vortexx seem more like the CW4Kids because of DBZ and YGO, I'm not so sure that's a good idea... Of course Saban might wanna capitalize on the release of Wreck-It Ralph, and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed this November.

If Sonic X has to return so soon, I'd prefer they have it replace either Power Rangers, Slam, or even one of the 3 YGO slots. But with PR being Sabans baby, Slam being the blocks 2nd highest rated show, and that awful Konami contract, I don't see any of those leaving any time soon.

However, if Sonic X performs just as great as it did during the 4Kids era, Saban might be interested in getting a new Sonic show up and running. I would love to see this happen.

8. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

I doubt it. Saban's trying to rebuild the PR franchise and its presence on the Vortexx will play a big part of that. I think their contract with Nickelodeon ends at the end of 2014 so they'll probably be moving new episodes there then anyway.

9. honorableninja

honorableninja Member

i feel vortexx ratings will take a major hit next week once cartoon network starts it new episodes with pokemon at the start ben 10 and clone wars in the middle and the return of dc nation to wrap things up I doubt reruns of series which are all out on dvd and wrestling can compete.

10. Light Lucario

I really can't see them getting rid of Lost Galaxy either. Even though it isn't doing that well in ratings, Saban owns Power Rangers and they would want to keep it on the block, especially if they want to put a new season on the block at some point. I don't think that JLU or Iron Man are going to leave anytime soon when they probably weren't easy to get and they're used the most in ads I've seen for the Vortexx. I'd be fine with the WWE show leaving, but I don't know if that's possible. I don't like Sonic X, but I don't really hate it either. While I understand why they'd want to put it on the block for the ratings and tie it in with the Wreck-It Ralph movie, it just seems like a waste to bring it back this soon. At least DBZ Kai and Zexal have new episodes. I'd prefer for Sonic X to not return to the block just yet.

11. gmster

gmster Active Member

Might as well make JLU E/I then. See what the power of teamwork does, kids?

But really. If they are going to air Sonic X, one show will get the chopping block. Depends on what's the most expendable right now. I don't see any other choice than Iron Man.

12. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Not only do I not see Power Rangers going away, I see it as one of their tentpole franchises. Saban really used the success of Power Rangers to build up Fox Kids, and I can only see them doing the same for Vortexx. I wonder if the fact that the episodes are clearly outdated is part of the problem? Maybe having Samurai or a Disney season would help.

13. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Doubt it. They'll want to keep it on Nick for more exposure.

14. Light Lucario

I'm not sure if being outdated is a problem. It might look pretty old compared to Samurai, but since it hasn't been on the air for years, I don't know if kids would have that much of a problem with it. I don't know if they could put Samurai on a different channel at this point due to whatever agreement Saban could have made with Nickelodeon, but I could see them putting a more recent season on the block later on. I don't know if they would replace Lost Galaxy before it finishes up, but I think it's much more likely that they'd replace it with a more recent season than take Power Rangers off the lineup altogether.

I agree. While I could see them putting the new seasons on the Vortexx at some point, I doubt that they'll move away from Nick completely. Making the new seasons exclusive to the Vortexx wouldn't make a lot of sense given the ratings and how more kids most likely watch Nickelodeon than the CW. Not to mention Nickelodeon can give the new seasons more repeat slots to get more kids interested in Power Rangers, while a weekly block like the Vortexx wouldn't really be able to do the same.

I would be kind of disappointed if they did take either JLU or Iron Man off the lineup for Sonic X. It's fun to see JLU again, even with some of the edits they have to make to put it on the block, and Iron Man seems pretty cool to me so far, so I'd prefer to have both of those shows on the lineup.

15. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

I think it'd be foolish to take JLU off the block considering it's the Vortexx's highest rated show. I wouldn't want them to get rid of Iron Man either, considering how popular the character is and the fact that The Avengers is now available on DVD and the new Iron Man movie is coming next year. Maybe they'll keep it on the block through the end of October, than bring Sonic X back for November to promote Wreck-It Ralph and then take the show away sometime early next year and bring back Iron Man to promote Iron Man 3. I don't know, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On a different subject, has everyone seen the pet thing that's on the Vortexx's website? I can't think of a better way to describe it but if you sign up for an account on the website, you can choose between three different egg types and then the more activities you do on the website the more the egg grows into like a creature. Mine's currently at level two and looks like a chubby panda bear kinda.

16. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

And here I thought no hoped that Sonic X was finally gone from TV for ever. That bane of my existence will never leave will it?

17. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

18. gmster

gmster Active Member

And we come full circle. Vortexx truly is the zombie return of Fox Kids.

I guess this means we can see some of the older Digimon shows on Vortexx, besides Fusion?

19. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

And considering kids these days love both zombies and Pokemon, I'm sure Vortexx and Digimon Fusion will do great!! And I'd love to see one of the older shows, maybe Adventure so it can coincide with a localization for that Adventure RPG for the PSP? And I might be the only one who wants to see the Young Hunters arc (I just want to see that crossover battle stuff in the third last and second last episodes, because that was pretty epic).

20. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

But does Nick want to keep it? Besides, there's no way this 20 episodes per season format is going to work indefinitely.

Awesome! :-D I really hope they add an older season to prepare for its return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.