S:TAS "World's Finest, Parts 1 - 3" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 28, 2001.

?

Rate and Comment on This Episode!

1. *****

57.1%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

14.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

The Dark Knight and The Man of Steel team-up for the first time in this classic three-part Superman: The Animated Series episode!

[​IMG]

Superman: The Animated Series
    Episode #39 - 41 "World's Finest, Parts 1 - 3"

Original Airdate - October 4th, 1997.

When the Joker steals a statue made of solid Kryptonite and teams up with Lex Luthor it will take the combined power of Batman and Superman to stop them.

Comments?

Note: This three-part episode is also known as "The Batman/Superman Movie."

2. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin Moderator

No comments yet? Come on! Batman and Superman meet for the first time here!

3. Mr. Mayhem

Mr. Mayhem Guest

Why am I willing to bet that World's Finest will never be shown again? I was watching my video of World's Finest tonight and it dawned on me......Joker destroys numerous buildings which probably resulted in numerous casualties. Not only that but I'm willing to bet that ROTJ will not ever air either because of the buildings which are destroyed there. Now I gotta wonder how much of JL will be pulled back for some last minute editing. Boy, this tragedy could really screw up Hollywood and animation!

4. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin Moderator

I remember reading after the terrorist attack, they aren't pulling any of the JL eps back, because the buildings destroyed were by aliens, not terrorists. So, so far no JL eps are being pulled..

As for WF tape..never know...I'm sure it'll be on DVD...after pearl harbor, we still see stuff being blown up in harbors. It'll all blow over soon enough..

*gulp*..I hope

-BB

5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

I'm sure it'll get shown again in time, once people have had time to heal. After all, CN re-instated the pulled episode with Princess Di in it after a while.

6. I was basically expecting the kind of knee-jerk ignorant reaction to entertainment that we got after Columbine only this time a thousandfold.

However, its begining to look alot like this may not happen. Even shows that got yanked right after the incident are coming back. Like Gundam 8th MS team. Though the original Mobile suit Gundam got yanked not because of the incident but because of low ratings probably due in part to its older animation. Which goes into the inherhent problem of Gundam Wing being the first of the Gundam shows to be shown in the states.

What I hope will happen (and think just might) is that people will look at this as there being no better time for superheroes than right now.

The very idea of the hero his holding a pretty high place in the mindset of our nation after seeing the valiant efforts of the rescue workers in New York City. Many also inspired by President Bush and his speeches rallying the nation after the crisis happened and his resolve to battle terrorism.

Seeing the efforts of these real life heroes could easily pave the way for wanting to see spectacular heroes on the big and small screens.

Also, I think people looking for this kind of entertainment will enjoy Bruce Timm and co. approach to the material which is neither camp nor grim n'gritty. They won't want the neon-camp of Schumachers films nor will they want the heavy bleakness of the much rumored "Seven" approach thats been talked about.

Comics, if they are smart will want to get in on this to by finally getting their superhero comics out of the angst and stubble rut and pompus deconstructions they've been living in since 1986.

Right now, people want heroes and I think they'll really like the Justice League.

7. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

The movie will be shown again. No doubt about that. When? That's still up in the air, but like DG said, when the dust settles.

8. William C. Maune

William C. Maune TZ News Editor in Chief

This is the official talkback thread for the Toonami In-Flight Movie "World's Finest" airing September 6th, 2002 at 4.0 PM (3.0 Central).

[​IMG]

Also known as The Batman/Superman Movie, World's Finest was originally part of The New Superman Adventures (the second season of Superman: The Animated Series). Superman: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series can regularly be seen on Toonami at 2.0 AM and 2.5 AM (1.0/1.5 AM Central) respectively on Sunday mornings as part of the Toonami Rising Sun.

9. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

That's weird that nobody has responded in all this time to your post. Anyhow.

I really like this movie, quality wise it isn't as good as Mask of the Phantasm, or ROTJ, but still very nice. It has so many great one liners in it as well.

"Why I haven't seen you since, wait I've never seen you, you need to get out more."

"Expect the unexpected."

"I heard you where crazy I didn't think you where stupid."

"Regail him with madcap tales of the nightlife in Smallville."

It was just a really good movie ya know, great script, good charecter interplay and some of the best work I've ever seen TMS
    do as far as animation goes, that scene where Bats descends on the nightclub just has incredible artwork and fluid animation.

I give it a 4.5 because I thought it was kinda silly to have Lois find out about Bruce, and not really go anywhere with it in the rest of the series (I think she mentions it once in another episode. Though I love the scene in his hotel.

"Now I never actually said I wasn't Batman."

*Slaps him*

"Ouch."

"You know what really gauls me besides the fact that the new man in my life is actually two men, it's that I'm, sitting on the story of the century Batman unmasked, and there's not a blasted thing I can do about it."

"So you really do love me."

"I'm going to get some iodine, burning, stinging iodine."

Oooh I just love it.

10. gtracer72

gtracer72 All hail Starscream!!

Overall, a good movie. Though I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but it was good that Joker and Lex Luther were in it. Lex is awesome. I give it 4 stars. The little fling between Bruce Wayan and Lois was good too. I also liked the funny parts too, they were well placed and written. :D

11. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

I enjoyed seeing this again. At first i really hated
    the fling between Lois and Bruce but it ended up making for a good subplot. I agree that the one liners were exceptional in this movie,especially Jokers. and I still love the fight between Harley and Mercy.

12. gtracer72

gtracer72 All hail Starscream!!

Ah yes, I forgot about that fight. Isn't it Percy though?? Anyway, that was funny. :D

13. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

Nice to see that my original vote at Toonami.com aired yesterday. I like it even more since Batman bossed Superman around a bit.

And surprisingly, it went well with the new Justice League episode.

14. raykremer

raykremer New Member

Best part of World's Finest is when they learn each other's identities.

"Bruce Wayne?"
    "You peeked."

Clark finds the bat-tracer on his cape, looks out the window, half a mile away Batman with binoculars waves to him.

15. Kal-el

Kal-el Ruling with strength

"World's Finest" shows Batman and Superman at their best. The animation is some of, if not the best in the entire series. The characterization is excellent. Much of what was done well in WF is what is missing in Justice League.

4.5 stars for me.

16. batman_batman

batman_batman New Member

when batman and superman meet for the first time was just what made timm and co so great. writing was great oo.
    it's too bad tms didn't animate all 3 parts. maybe they did. but they didn't get the samre guy to draw batman and superman in all 3 parts. who every did the drawings in part 1 is a really good draftsman.

17. Obi

Obi SEVEN. MONDAY.

...WHY did you bring this thread back???

18. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

Batman and Superman meet for the first time in this critically-acclaimed crossover!

[​IMG]

This is the official talkback thread for the episodes featured on The Batman/Superman Movie DVD, a "movie" composed of three episodes of Superman: The Animated Series.

19. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

When is this being played? (Can we possibly start putting upcoming start times in the talkback threads?)

20. Divv

Divv Savage Bhoy

One of my all time favorites, my first glimpse of the TNBA style. The nightclub scene has to be one of the best in the history of STAS, it was great seeing the characters from both shows interact, one of S:TAS's greatest ever arcs.