Rurouni Kenshin 15th Anniversary (New PSP Game, Live-Action Movie & New Anime!)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Soul, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

Coming in March 2011, Japan will be getting "Rurouni Kenshin: Saisen".
    Which of course has the Juppongatana (Kyoto Arc Villains [Shishio]) but! Will apparently feature Enishi Yukishiro, the main villain from the Manga's unanimated "Jinchu" arc. Added! The animation for the game is absolutely beautiful.

This comes off not so much the hills of the announcement of the Live Action movie last July.

"Hm?" You say right? Well good, because does anyone read Japanese?
    The new website for the 15th Anniversary

My Actual Thoughts: Uhm.. if there IS a new animation in production, and it'll include Jinchu? I literally will cry from happiness. I'm not even lying, and see the animation from the new PSP game with Enishi!? Oh man... total jizz in my pants.

EDIT: The "Kenshin-tv.com" website may be a promotion for a forth coming Blu-ray Remastering of the original TV Series, this is only speculation though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  2. ReijiAzuma

ReijiAzuma Gah, cuteness! My weakness!

If they ever did another Kenshin anime, I'd say it would need quite a few changes made. I don't mean like anything in Reflection's style, but maybe cut some of the stuff that was pretty needless, like Sanosuke and the others fighting the guys named after the Heavenly Warriors.

3. Soul

Hm.
    You must be thinking of filler.

4. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind New Member

That animation is pretty sick and I hope they get them for the new anime. Shows you how good this series will look with updated animation.

And it really sounds like they say television anime at the end there YEEEEEAH!

Argh, the page won't load except for a white screen for me no matter what browser I'm in. Does it talk about the anime and is there another link? D: EDIT Oh wait it finally loaded.

I thought they'd never touch Kenshin again, thank you Japan for 10, 15, and 20 year anniversary increments! :D

5. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

the anime save from the final filler season was actually pretty good
    I can't wait to see the jinchu arc animated especially the final fight and

6. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind New Member

Some buddies translated what they could for me. Sounds like that television anime mention at the end of the trailer is actually telling you where you can download the anime series, like the PSN store.

Still, between this and the movie, they're trying to get Kenshin back on the market, so who knows? :D

7. Divinenega

Divinenega Active Member

If they make a new anime, I hope it does a better job of sticking to the manga. The anime censored and took out quite a few of the more mature or seedier content(such as Sano and Yahiko initially telling Kaoru that Megumi was a prositiute Kenshin brought back with him). Of course they'd also need to animate the final arc of the manga...

8. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

That was filler.

9. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Now that's some nice animation for Kenshin. If they pulled a Brotherhood or Final Act with Kenshin that would be marvelous.

10. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Wow, I had just finished rereading the manga the other week. I'd love to see another anime made, but in this climate...I don't think we'll get the trademark 1990s violence that gave the series that extra flair. They could probably cover all 255 chapters in about 125 episodes, though.

We still haven't learned about thing about that new live action film since the initial announcement. Hmm...

EDIT: Oh hey, that's a pretty good recast for Saitô!

EDIT 2: Oh man, the opening animation's going to be fully animated? No in-game engine crap?! Yes! Also, nice to see Yukishiro Enishi get some love.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  11. King

King I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

New game, live action film and NEW anime (No cookie-cut Kai new, BUT "NEW ANIMATION" new)?! Damn, Rurouni Kenshin is coming back, BIG! Though, I'll agree with Jacob, it won't have that 90s violence feel, but I'm happy its back.

12. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I see no direct confirmation of a new anime being made. Let's not jump the Kanryû gatling gun...

EDIT: Oh, and Aoshi in a western suit? Kickass.

13. King

King I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

Oh, but still, IF a new anime comes out, that will be pretty cool.

14. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

N-n-n-n-new a-a-a-anime......that better not be some joke, oh man how awesome a new anime would be. As long as the new animation is not anything near as terrible as the OVA that is Reflections(that fooled 30% of the Kenshin fans into believing that was ending since it had "real canon" scenes after the manga, when deep down it was basically horrible fan fiction)

But from the game's trailer, the animation in that looks very beautiful. I actually got a FMA brotherhood vibe from it to be honest.

15. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

...Did the existence of the comic just completely slip past their minds...? :sweat:

But still, a new anime would be nice.

16. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie Moderator

I really need to finish reading this one... *looks over at all the volumes piled on the shelf*

If they did make a new show, I'd support it.

17. Soul

Of course, please remember there is that question mark in the title ;)
    But -sigh- yeah @CaptainHighwind, you find links in the middle of the page for the 15th Anniversary website to different sites that have Premium streaming and such for the TV Series.
    But why make a new website publicizing the "15th Anniversary" of the series unless there isn't something bigger in the works?
    Especially with that gorgeous picture of Kenshin? Daaang. So pretty.

EDIT: Okay after thinking about it, and talking with a few people, it did strike me...
    The 15th Anniversary website may be for a Blu-ray remaster, as Japan has seen a Collector's Memorial Box Set in Japan around the the Buso Renkin anime came out. I've update the 1st post with this theory.

18. Mr. Anime

Mr. Anime Active Member

Yes! With all the 1990s anime/manga getting a revival in the past four years, I was hoping Kenshin would get a turn to shine again. Please let this make way for an adoption of the Jinchu arc.

19. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING Moderator

I would love to see a Brotherhood-style remake for Kenshin. Cut out the filler and stick to the story and you could probably adapt it in 100 episodes(or less, I'm not sure).

I would love to see some late 80's/90's anime being remade, such as Ranma 1/2.

20. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

wasn't Aoshi always in western (well modern western) dress :anime: