1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor: X-Men TV Cartoon Series Announced Later This Year?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by thisguyisnotcool, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I'll try not to get into an argument how that's a faulty justification, and instead just express my thoughts on the recent update; while I myself am not too surprised about this bit of news, I am still fairly disappointed, and frankly given the concerns for Justice League Action currently I'm beginning to think animated comic book based superhero shows (at least on tv broadcasts) may very well have passed beyond the low point. :( (though I'll still give the new Spider-Man cartoon a chance)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Why is it a good thing to get upset or stressed out over cartoons?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Troy Troodon

Because when people say "It's Just a Cartoon" as a justification, it's kind'a lazy, especially if the cartoon itself isn't good.

It's the same thing as saying "It's a kids show" because it's not a proper justification, when people say something like that I tend to answer in silence, because it is a faulty means of excusing something for it's flaws.

Of course it's not good to get upset over a something, but we have other reasons for being upset about a certain product, be it criteria wise or for how badly treated it gets.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I didn't say "It's just a cartoon" in response to the writing quality. I said it because @AdrenalineRush1996 was getting rather upset and making a huge deal out of the X-Men cartoon not happening or part of a "new universe".

I'll counteract this though: not everything I say is a defense. To be honest, a few users here (I'm not going to say who) get worked up over details or circumstances that amount to nothing. Now, I don't know if this ideal sprung from Doug Walker or some animation reviewer who thinks it's okay to lose your temper over a friggin' cartoon, because it's not. You can critique or criticize it if you want, but creating an agenda against it simply because of your own beliefs rather than something that's objectively harming to it's audience is an overly-sensitive and fruitless task.

Or, to save the stress, I don't watch it, ignore it and move on to something I do like. If people don't like these shows, that's their problem. If you want Marvel to make changes, there are better ways of doing so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Troy Troodon

Alright, let's leave it at that then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just to chime in with my opinion, somehow I think even if there was a cartoon in development (and there just might be), Marvel Animation would try to deny it so as to not spoil any kind of surprise they might have in store for fans at a future con (that's obviously not Wonder Con).

But if it's true that Marvel Animation has no plans for an X-Men cartoon or any kind of X-Men appearance in animation...well, that would be areal bummer :(.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Since the rumor was debunked and to prevent this topic into turning into a more heated debate, I think I'll close the thread for now. At least until a real announcement is made, or another rumor, preferably with some more evidence to back it up, appears.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.