1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor: X-Men TV Cartoon Series Announced Later This Year?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by thisguyisnotcool, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's still a shame that XD cut out all of the older Marvel reruns when USM started. It was always nice catching the late-night weekend Marvel block when I did happen to catch it, and it was fun seeing how many other people were watching and commenting on Twitter. Gargoyles and X-Men Evolution made for good pairing on weekday nights as well.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I still think the reason for that and why many of the pre-USM Marvel animated shows disappeared from Netflix is because Marvel is afraid of their older cartoons getting better ratings or attention than their current animated shows. A fear of failure, maybe? I say that as someone who legitimately enjoys the newer shows regardless.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Nope. Largely of how bad the Current Shows are. Heck I would be down if Netflix & Marvel Announces a TV-MA Deadpool cartoon.

4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Marvel Animation can do a better cartoon than USM and AA one day.

I doubt it and given the quality, I'd rather have the new X-Men cartoon set in a different continuity than in the same continuity as those four shows. The new Spider-Man cartoon is confirmed to be set in a different continuity.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

My concern is will they make it wacky and have forced jokes like some of the Marvel cartoons like for example USM even though that has ended, b/c previous X-Men cartoons despite having at least some humor dealt with serious issues, and hopefully this will have a mature tone without being ruined by forced humor.

#85 xfan1991, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I won't believe any of the X-Men animated rumors until I see something from Marvel. The source this rumor originated from isn't the most legitimate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

That's the problem with Marvel Animation now is that they rely on younger audiences than older audiences, hence why I think a PG-13 rated DTV animated film line from Marvel similar to DC Universe Animated Original Movies, could work since Marvel Animation can't always rely on younger audiences.

8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That's what they were doing in 2006 even before DC started in 2007. It's too bad Marvel's deal with Lionsgate ended and before they could renew it, Disney bought Marvel. I don't think Disney's interested in direct-to-video movies from Marvel.

After Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United, any other movie Marvel Animation has made was released digitally. Even if Marvel makes more mature/PG-13 movies, they likely won't be released on Blu-ray and DVD. I'm glad Warner Bros doesn't think like that.

9. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, Disney could revive Touchstone to allow Marvel Animation to do PG-13 DTV animated films that can be released on Blu-ray, DVD and digital in addition to that it would be a longterm one than the Lionsgate or Heroes United ones. All the digital-only ones can be released under both Disney and Marvel.

They can't always rely on younger audiences. I mean Marvel Animation, not Disney, obviously and that's the problem: Lack of appeal to older fans.

#89 AdrenalineRush1996, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  10. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That's possible, but we'll see what happens. I'm not optimistic about Marvel Animation on Blu-ray or DVD any more. We haven't seen anything since 2013 so it's hard to believe anything will change.

If an X-Men animated series is on the way, I hope it is does appeal to older fans as well as the younger audience members.

11. AdrenalineRush1996

They could change one day. Plus, it isn't really fair for Marvel Animation on not releasing their current films on Blu-ray or DVD. The reason why their recent DTV films haven't been successful is because of the lack of their support for Blu-ray and DVD, which is completely nuts and though sales of said disc formats have slowly declined thanks to online streaming and video on demand, many studios still release things on DVD and Blu-ray and they're not gonna ditch those formats anytime now.

Especially that the previous three X-Men TV shows have appealed to those like the 1992 TV series, Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men.

12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That seems to be Disney's decision, not Marvel. Since Disney owns Marvel, there's not much they can do about it.
    It would be weird to see a goofy X-Men show after all these years of more serious X-Men shows.

13. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, Disney should have realised that no support for Blu-ray and DVD for current Marvel animated films was a stupid idea in the first place, hence hampering appeal for older fans.

I really don't want a new X-Men cartoon to be like Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Mod Note: Language

#93 AdrenalineRush1996, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm pretty sure it was just the sales of Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United that turned them away from trying again. To be fair, if Marvel Animation put out a better product, I think the results would be different.
    Well, that's your opinion, but I think Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man really improved in the last seasons that aired. I could see an X-Men show with a similar tone to Avengers: Ultron Revolution. That being said, maybe it's best not to have an X-Men show right now until Marvel Animation improves.

#94 Greg91, Mar 31, 2017
  15. AdrenalineRush1996

I see.

The reason why I consider them [garbage] is because to me, they're part of the dork age for Marvel Animation that began after the cancellation of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes plus it didn't help the fact that Avengers Assemble has been criticised as a carbon copy of the MCU along with Ultimate Spider-Man being denser and wackier than the previous Spider-Man animated shows along with kiddifying them and ending their appeal to older fans, something that I'm not happy at all.

Some people would blame Wacker, some would blame Loeb, while others would blame Man of Action.

Mod Note: Language

• Like Like x 1
    #95 AdrenalineRush1996, Mar 31, 2017
  16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Straight from Cort Lane at WonderCon no X-Men animated series in the works. Rumors are unfounded.

Don't trust rumors from Bleeding Cool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Thanks for the update. Mods can lock this thread now if they think it's necessary

18. AdrenalineRush1996

I'm VERY disappointed with Marvel Animated denying the rumours. First, they've retooled themselves after EMH by appealing to younger fans, then they ignore the appeal to older fans such as a possibility of a PG-13 animated film line and now this?!

Marvel Animation NEEDS to change. They can't always rely on younger audiences and make their cartoons merchandise-driven.

I don't care if Cort Lane denied it or not, but chances of a new X-Men cartoon are now reducing brick by brick.

Those debunked rumours (not an April Fool's joke) pretty much explains why Marvel Animation doesn't care about the X-Men anymore. Heck, Marvel Comics has began caring again about the X-Men hence there's Resurrxion.

#98 AdrenalineRush1996, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  19. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

Suck we will not get one.

20. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Chill...just, chill. They're just cartoons.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.