1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Rumor: X-Men TV Cartoon Series Announced Later This Year?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by thisguyisnotcool, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it would be for the best if Marvel Animation just kind of dropped the idea of a shared continuity between their cartoons and just let them be their own thing.

Particularly so for the X-Men.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

That doesn't answer my question, but whatever.

If it's standalone, that's fine. I don't think we need yet another shared universe though if the old one is just going to go to waste.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #22 TheLemsterPju, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Says I and if the ignore Ultimate then they have no choice but to ignore the rest cause same continuity.

They can start fresh from Marvel's Spider-Man's continuity probably if they want to.

Like Rorywilliams says " skys the limit "

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

You're not in charge of Marvel Animation. Nor is Rory. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be nice to hear Steve Blum as Wolverine again...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bigdaddy313

No we are not but that is not the point. The point is that they don't need the past shows any more.

It will be refreshing that they start a new animated world with Spider-Man and X-Men animated series which would be funny just like the 90's.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheLemsterPju

Says who?

We don't know for sure if this X-Men show is going to happen, let alone if they're going to start a new universe simply because the new Spider-Man show is separate from everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigdaddy313

Dude just let it go seriously, we are not saying it's definitely happening we are just talking possibilities of where the might and can go if the romores turns out to be true.

I am down for characters to reprise their roles from previous X-Men animated series. I really liked Nolan North as Cyclops, whoever Storm was from X-Men evolution.

Let it go Now! And don't you start.

Don't ruin the fun we are all having here, this conversation is over.

As we where saying hope the X-Men, my favourite characters might be back. Please let it be true. I miss them so much.

• Like Like x 1
    #28 bigdaddy313, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I think TheLemsterPju was saying he doesn't want to see the same story repeated over and over again. In my opinion, an alternative take on Days of Future Past or another popular story like The Phoenix Saga.

I'd like to see some lesser used characters and stories. I really enjoyed seeing the U-Men, Armor and some surprise characters in X-Men: Anime, for example. More of that please!
    Absolutely agreed. I really enjoy shows that can live among each other and be separate like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & the X-Men, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and the Super Hero Squad Show back in 2009 or Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series a few years back with DC.
    That universe is still continuing with Avengers: Secret Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy though so there's no need to ignore it unless you're not interested in it. If so, you don't have to pay attention to it and let the people that enjoy it, enjoy themselves.

I get it. Not everyone likes the current Marvel shows, but can we not start arguments with each other about ignoring the current universe? We still have Avengers and Guardians in one universe and the new Spider-Man show in another. Pick what you like and let everyone enjoy themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Same. He's been at it so long I can't think of a different voice who'd sound right.

There'd be a lot less fourth wall breaks and jokes about cookies and pizza if I were.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. TheLemsterPju

I apologize if I was rude. I think Greg put it best. Plus, I'm not the best at explaining things in a proper manner.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    #31 TheLemsterPju, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  12. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Brian Drummond.

As iconic as Blum's voice is, it's the same for whoever gets Batman and Joker these days, I'd actually want someone new.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been so long since the last X-Men cartoon, that I'd be down for seeing a new adaption of Days of Futures Past and Phoenix saga, so long as they're handled well, but that's just me ;).

Though I'd like for the show to a put a spotlight and quality focus on lesser used characters and stories as well, preferably more like Guardians then Assemble. I'd also hope for a strong initial team roster :).

A part of me would actually love a Justice League Action-styled X-Men cartoon with a rotating roster of X-Men :D.

Well, "continues" implies more of a connected continuity and universe then there actually is for the remaining cartoons, which is why I'm perfectly fine with Marvel no longer trying to force cartoons into a shared continuity :sweat:.
    Don't forget about Scott McNeil :cool:.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member

You got it, man. I just want people to get along about comic book characters, something that's supposed to let use escape real-life. Don't enjoy something? Don't worry about it. No need for arguing.
    I'm just saying I don't want to see the same thing over and over again. If they can do something different, do something different. It's like making Spider-Man shows over and over again. You have other properties; why not use them? Fortunately Marvel is doing just that with Avengers, Guardians, the Ant-Man shorts, and Rocket/Groot shorts.
    I don't want to get into rosters, but if we are talking about it... Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops are a must for me. I can see the team at eight to ten members initially, so I'd use members like Beast, Nightcrawler, Angel, Jean Grey, Colossus, Gambit, and someone unexpected like Dust.
    You know what I mean. The universe isn't over because Ultimate Spider-Man ended.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigdaddy313

Dude I am enjoying it actually, I appreciate what the new team have done for the shows, I like Guardians of the Galaxy and I actually am looking forward to Avengers Secret Wars.

All what I was saying is if the want to start a new universe, then they will ignore Ultimate Spider-Man and if they do ignore it, then the others will be affected because the are connected.

I am not condemning others liking this show, but unfortunately some people will take things too seriously and for what Marvel Entertainment making billions while we here making thousands, please.

Anyways this is about the X-Men and if they are back then this will be one of the best news of the year. And I trust the new team to handle it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Thanks. I just know a lot of people on the internet like to insult others for enjoying shows 'the majority don't like Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble or Teen Titans Go for DC. In reality, all of those shows have fans and the insults are unnecessary.

When you say ignoring Ultimate Spider-Man, I suppose you mean the same way Ultimate Spider-Man ignored The Spectacular Spider-Man when it started. They're simply starting fresh for this new show. And Cort Lane actually did stated that they are going to use what they learned from Ultimate Spider-Man for the new Spider-Man show.

I don't think Avengers and Guardians will be affected, but rather continue their stories until they both end. If anything, the connectivity will likely be different.

Back to the X-Men, I'd like to see where a new show goes but I want to hear some official information about this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm curious to see where they could slot an X-Men cartoon into XD's schedule. We usually only have three active shows in production or on-air.

Assuming Guardians is going to go into a third season, that's a lock, as well as the new Spider-Man series.

Even assuming Assemble will close out in season 4 as USM did, I'd be surprised if Marvel didn't relaunch with a new Avengers cartoon in-time for Infinity War.

And, even if Marvel Animation is actually willing to do something with the X-Men in animation now, I just don't see them replacing an Avengers cartoon with an X-Men one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #37 Frontier, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  18. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, So if the X-Men cartoon takes place in the MAU, It would likely ignore everything that would happen just like the other shows.

Well, Wacker said The fourth season isn't the last season of AA, So Assemble may actually get a fifth Season, to tie it in with Infinity War, along with a Guardians Season 3 renewal and maybe some of the characters will be redesigned to look like their current MCU appearances and some will look like their MCU counterparts when they debut in Infinity War and some of the upcoming MCU movies.
    NYCC '16: MARVEL Animation Presents To Announce New Project

#38 brodie999, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  19. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Please keep in mind that this new show is just a rumor at this point - there's no need to get so worked up about it, where or if it might fit alongside the other shows or if the little continuity established so far will be kept intact. We're all just speculating here (and honestly, that's about all we can do until this rumor is either confirmed or debunked officially), so there's really no reason to get into arguments about different opinions some have.

Back on topic, I think I would actually prefer a stand-alone X-Men cartoon. The characters and their main mutant-themed stories always seemed to be more isolated than the rest of the Marvel Universe (the same goes for the live-action movies, obviously). Sure crossovers and shared universes can be fun and most of the times are pretty cool, but a stand-alone show can be just as good, if not better when it doesn't have any restrictions set by the shows it's supposedly connected to.

If the show it's true, I think big stories like "Days of Future Past" and "Phoenix Saga" are bound to happen, even if I would prefer to see stuff that hasn't been adapted in the previous X-Men cartoons. Out of the two, I'd like to see another take on "Phoenix Saga" more, but we'll see what happens.

As for voice actors, I don't really have any preferences. Maybe Steve Blum as Wolverine (since he seemed to be the default voice for the character, similar to how Fred Tatasciore is the Hulk). I would be fine with people reprising their roles or getting new actors.

But like I said, we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here. We'll surely see if there's any truth to this rumor in the following months.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.