1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Rumor: X-Men TV Cartoon Series Announced Later This Year?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by thisguyisnotcool, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Bleedingcool seems to think so:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/getting-x-men-cartoon-announced-later-year/

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

If this is true, then I want to see Colossus in the main roster, and Wolverine in his tiger stripe costume.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

I will dance sing all over the house if it's true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would normally welcome a new X-Men cartoon, it's been a while since their last animated appearance and I think there's enough material to work into a new show without re-doing most of the stuff from their previous shows.

But we'll see if there's any truth to this rumor. I think it's too early to tell for sure. I'm guessing if this were true, we could expect to see the X-Men guest-star on the already airing cartoons to promote things (just like they did with the Inhumans recently).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Well, I hope The new X-Men cartoon is set in the Marvel Animated Universe just like Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk and the Agents Of SMASH, Avengers Assemble and Guardians of the Galaxy.

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man...getting a new X-Men cartoon would be a dream come true, because not only would we finally be getting the X-Men in animation again, but it would mean Marvel is finally willing to promote them again despite the movie rights issue, and could mean good things going forward for other character (like the FF and Maximoffs), so while I'm going to take it with a grain of salt, there's a part of me that really hope it comes true :D.

Of course, at the same time, I have to admit I"m kind of wracking my brain trying to figure out what an X-Men cartoon by modern-day Marvel Animation would be like :sweat:.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I hope the FF comes back from Fox and Constantin to Marvel this year after Constantin's shutting down their movie division.
    Jocks and Film Geeks Battle at Germany's Constantin | Hollywood Reporter

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Yeah, I'm not so fast to believe this. Though the information isn't completely unbelievable with Marvel working with Fox on X-Men shows like Legion and some of the light tie-ins to Deadpool, X-Men Apocalypse and now Logan we are seeing in the comics.

On top of that, the X-Men are rumored to still appear in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite despite people believing otherwise. Bill Rosemann, creative director of Marvel Games, did confirm that they want to make all fans of Marvel happy and that the heritage isn't lost on them.

Alongside the new X-Men comics launching in April, I feel like Marvel is finally starting to warm up to them again.

So I think it's definitely possible, but I don't want to assume it's true. Let's see what's announced later in the year. It would be nice to get another X-Men animated series again. Probably a standalone series like the new Spider-Man show would be best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was actually thinking, if the show was true, they could try and set it in the same continuity as the new Spider-Man cartoon.

What would be the title? Marvel & Fox's X-Men? :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I hope they officially announce it's true that they're warming up to the X-Men and the FF again and want to put them in games, TV shows and even comic books again, starting with Marvel Vs.Capcom Infinite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

This is funny because they already released the Terrigen Cloud xD

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I'm not sure I'm interested in another shared universe. Everything feels like it's following the MCU and becoming a shared universe. I like the standalone content as well and I'm glad shows like Legion and Marvel's Spider-Man are standalone. That's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

If this is truth, I hope they don't retread the same DoFP storyline that Wolverine and the X-Men and 90s X-Men already did perfectly. Ultimate Spider-Man already had a Sentinel cameo and mentioned Days of Future Past (in the Arcade episode.) I feel like that's enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seeing Marvel Animation do an X-Men cartoon would be interesting if only for the chance to see a cartoon that's probably not heavily based-around a movie for once :p.
    I appreciate shared universes that are well thought-out and handled, and seem to really add and flesh out a universe as it develops :).

I don't care for shared universes that cause more confusion and questions then actually build a credible, believable, universe and seem hastily thrown together, as I feel regarding the Marvel Animated Universe most of the time :shrug:.

It's X-Men. Even if they don't adapt Days of Futures Past exactly, we'll probably see some form of it for time travel shenanigans involving Bishop or Cable :rolleyes2:.

16. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

When one shared universe is closed another opens
    I still Marvel because they have the animated rights. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be great if true but who knows. I never imagined what's going on with Legion would be a possibility but I'm seeing the ads everyday now, reminding me that it actually happened.

It would be interesting to see who a possible series might come from. A good show could do a lot of good for Fox and their brand, going into the future, and it could do a lot of good for Marvel as well (assuming they get the lion's share of the merch money). It's bugged me this whole time seeing how the property has been treated at Marvel for the past 5 plus years, even if it makes sense they'd prioritize what they have the rights to.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The great news is they should now have complete freedom to ignore anything that happened in Ultimate Spider-Man. The sky's the limit!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Not just Ultimate Spider-Man but the entire animated universe that resides it, basically every show on now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Says who?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.