1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule the World VII - The SpideyFan Edition! (2084)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by SpideyFan914, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Superpan

Superpan Member

"Only if Good Max is allowed to come with us."

2. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

Evil Max: Very well, but you will all be killed when the plan is complete.

Whew.... I'll update again later tonight.

3. SpideyFan914

2085: HERE IS THE MAP!

At first, the citizens of the world were greatly upset by the decision made in the summit. However, under Evil Max's careful surveillance, resistance has slowly begun to fade....

And yet, unbeknownst to all, the Global Alliance has one more trick up their sleeve. The Mad War has been "officially" declared won in Evil Max's favor, but Good Max assures the alliance that their plan should be ready within the year....

4. SpideyFan914

On December 25th, 2085, Troy Peterson and Pit Allen were approached by the Good Maximilian Friedman with news that their special project is completed. Instantly, the leaders began arranging for plans to carry out their project as Good Max returned home, to his wife.

However, later that week, Good Max disappeared, leaving behind the message, "This clone was created by me, and is thus my responsibility." On December 29th, President Troy Peterson was alerted that a US plane, along with the project, had been stolen. These events left Evil Max flabbergasted, and he demanded another meeting on New Year's Day.

On December 31st, 2085, the ball was dropped, and when the clock struck midnight, everything came into fruition. For the past two years, Good Max had been working on a new Experimental Bomb, even bigger than the last one. After all these years, he took it upon himself to be the one to drop it. He commandeered the plane, flying over the Fortress of Solitude, and once and for all destroyed it with an explosion large enough to wipe out all life in the Fortress - including both Maxes.

In the aftermath of the explosion, a cooling device kicked in, freezing the Antarctic back to its state prior to all Friedmans: barren, lifeless, an uninhabitable.

2086: HERE IS THE MAP!

With Evil Max dead, the Storm Machine exploded, and the Fortress of Solitude sunk beneath an icy wasteland, all of the NWTO's land has become captured territory. It is up to The United States of America and Holly to discuss a way to divvi this land, as well as whether they wish to continue their war.

Pit Allen has this to say: "Well, that was.... interesting. Not quite as we planned, but certainly interesting, though I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed that we still don't know which Max was a clone.... I suppose his wife seemed to think it was the good one, but hell, how do we know SHE isn't a clone??

"Anyway, regarding the state of the world.... I still want you dead, Mr. Peterson. But I'm tired of war - at this point, I'd much rather just wait until you die of some cancer or what-not. I look forward to your funeral."

5. Superpan

Superpan Member

Well, Pit, there must be some way to fairly decide which of us gets the world. See, you're immortal so you'll just win the world after I die.

So...we could either duel for the entire Earth (winner takes all) or we could flip a coin for the land on each disputed continent.

(Basically, we pick a side of the coin for, say, all of Friedmann's South American land and then we flip. Winner gets all disputed land in South America.)

Option C: We just fight it out. We don't claim any disputed land and we just fight until either South Africa or Nunavaut is conquered.

Your call, Allen.

6. SpideyFan914

Very well.... Let's duel. One-on-one, no weapons. Please, take some time to train, Mr. Peterson - I wouldn't want our climactic battle to be over easy.

If you win, you will have the world and me as your prisoner until the day you die. If I win, you will have a bullet in your face. I'm a man of my word.

7. Superpan

Superpan Member

No, if I win, then I will eviscerate you and shoot into the core of Mars.

Wait...bullets. That seems disporportionate. Why not swords? Though if you want to make a 91 year-old man's death painless, then go ahead.

How are we supposed to train? Who controls the dice?

8. SpideyFan914

I'll roll it on a 50-50 chance at the end of the year. Technically, Allen's secret agent status would probably give him an advantage, but I'll make it even.

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

Okay then. May the best man win...

10. SpideyFan914

There are but a few clouds in the sky on the morning of September 14, 2086. Marianne Friedman, widowed wife of Maximilian Friedman, rests in her wheelchair, pushed along by her niece Grace Rubin. They are going through the old cemetery, the one where they buried people back when Marianne was still a young woman.

Now, she is 100 years old, awaiting her end as she reflects back on her life. "I was 24 when I married Max," she tells Grace. "My mother was appalled that I'd marry a man so much older than I was - thirty-two years older, to be exact. But somehow, I took pity on him, so alone in the world. He was such a bright man, too, always tinkering with the untinkerable."

Grace nods and listens, as they pass by the grave of Marianne's parents, died in 2012 and 2024.

"When my mother died, it was so soon after we'd married. Max, he helped me through it. Even with all his work, he still took time every day to be with me. He was a great husband, and an admirable man. And then came.... the accident."

Grace had heard the story many times before, but still she listened intently. Of course, by now, Marianne had forgotten her niece's presence. By now, she was speaking as though to an unseen light, a forgotten past.

"He always sought to go into new areas of science, to accomplish what man had never done before. He wanted to clone men, and not just to grow them from embryos but to create exact duplicates. If we could clone our great minds, he said, think of what we could accomplish.

"I never quite understood the specifics of how he did it. I know he'd extract one cell, then apart the nucleus from the membrane, and grow from each one clone. For his first experiment, he cloned himself, creating two new men - one from the nucleus, the other from the membrane. But when they awoke, something went wrong. They weren't exact duplicates, but each contained a fraction of my husband's true self - one reflected his heroism, his goodness; the other brought out all the darkness within.

"They awoke side-by-side, remembering everything Max had done up until the time of extraction. But he extracted that cell before completing his research, and so the clones didn't realize two men had been made - each thought he was the original man. They saw each other, and were outraged.

"The good clone saw his evil twin, and immediately recognized the monster within; the evil clone looked at the other as weak, an inferior shadow of himself. They began to fight. Max watched from behind a screen, frightened by his creations, uncertain what to do. Before he could make up his mind, the clones' battle set fire to the lab. They ran off through emergency exits, escaping to fight another day. But you, my husband...."

They'd reached the grave now.

MAXIMILIAN FRIEDMAN
    1954-2029
    BELOVED

"You should know that your clone came home last year to spend his last days. I didn't tell him the truth though. I wanted to pretend that he was really you.... But I knew he wasn't - he didn't have the right faults. He wasn't the man I loved, for I loved all of you."

Final update later tonight!

11. SpideyFan914

THE FINAL BATTLE

It is December 31st, 2086. Pit Allen and Troy Peterson have ended the Global Alliance, and after years of conflict, they're ready to end it in one final battle.

The two leaders meet in Los Angeles, CA. Though some were surprised Allen agreed to meet on US turf, they then recalled that Holly was born within the walls of California. He'd been sent there as a secret agent by Greece, and felt cheated when a technicality cost him his land and forced him off the continent. Allen is an immortal who is well-trained in the art of combat, but Peterson's been training for this event, spending every moment preparing.

For the winner of this battle will RULE THE WORLD....

2087: HERE IS THE MAP!

Pit Allen defeated Troy Peterson in their hand-to-hand battle. He captured the US president, as well as the entire world. It has taken 65 years, but at last, Holly reigns supreme.

In a few years time, all the events of history will have been entirely erased. All records will be destroyed, as the people learn to love Holly and everything it stands for. Those who don't remember to forget will be vaporized, as so many have been, including the former president. Rumors will circulate of a resistance movement, but who knows whether one actually exists or not.

Pit Allen will continue to rule for many years - maybe even forever. The world is entering a new age, one in which Ignorance is Strength, Freedom is Slavery, and War is Peace. And all the people will join together to say, "We love Pit Allen."

END GAME!

12. Superpan

Superpan Member

Hmm....You do know that if we ever play a game where we get high-tech again, I'm coming back to this world.