1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule the World VII - The SpideyFan Edition! (2084)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by SpideyFan914, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Superpan

Superpan Member

"Why, Maximillian, you've discovered how to bring back the spirits of the dead. You MUST tell me what you've learned of the afterlife?"

2. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

Evil Maximilian: "Oh, it's a long story. Let's just focus on the issues at hand, though. I do believe that I would like to explicitly rule the world - with an iron fist if at all possible. Really, the obvious solution would be for all of you to just hand over your governments to me and go kill yourselves. What do you say?"

3. Superpan

Superpan Member

"See the problem with that solution is that you'd be dead within a month. I'm sure you're familiar with the outcome of Hitler's last orders?"

4. SpideyFan914

Evil Maximilian: "Well, what do you propose? Any better ideas?"

5. Superpan

Superpan Member

"I propose that you set up puppet governments. Over the next couple of years, I will use my political connections in America to have elected clones of various people that you will create. These clones will be loyal to you and me. Gradually, we will privatize all parts of the government until they are all run by more clones. Then I will be shot in the head and simultaneously terrorist attacks will destroy the five most populated cities in the United States and the state of Kansas. Then the country will unite under a clone that has been a senator for ten years. This President will capture those "responsible" with your help. You will be seen as a hero since the war will have been over for sixteen years. You will thus work with the president more and more until order is restored to the earth and the world is united under a worldwide government under your control. I would be perfectly willing to aid you in this if you get rid of Pit Allen. You would need my help since if I die, people will know you still seek to rule the world. Thus they will rebell against you. Our vast technologies (and our telepathy programs) would destroy you. And if our earth is destroyed, then you will lack food and any medical attention you would need if you develop cancer, diabetes, pneumonia, or any other earthly ills. Aliens, I doubt, would help you. So...what do you say?"

"Also, I've already told a man by the name of Al Geraci about this plan. So, if I die and this plan is carried out, then he'll know that the politicians can't be trusted and he'll rebell."

#965 Superpan, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
  6. SpideyFan914

Pit Allen: "Hey!"

Evil Maximilian: "This plan is.... interesting.... And yet, at the age of 130, patience is not my strong suit."

Pit Allen: "If I may make a suggestion, perhaps through use of Holly's usual methods, we could transfer the people's allegiance to Evil Max. This would take only a few years - I'd give it 5 at the most. Agreed?"

Evil Maximilian: "If Mr. Peterson agrees."

7. Superpan

Superpan Member

"I would have to refuse using this method. Allen could just manipulate his technology to use it against Lord Max. I would need something to ensure that Allen does not misuse his technology to control you, oh mighty one, and take the world for himself."

8. SpideyFan914

That's simple - I don't use technology. Rumors of hypnotic devices once circulated, but they do not in fact exist. My methods involve limiting media exposure, taking control of news items, and vaporizing those who do not comply. For more detailed information, see George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, off which my ideas were inspired.

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

"Where did you acquire this vaporization technology? Surely, our overlord should be made aware of these devices of yours?"

10. SpideyFan914

*sigh....*

Vaporization: the act of kidnapping unruly citizens in the middle of the night, locking them away in hidden jails, and removing all records of their existence. To vaporize is more than to kill, for it is to deny the acknowledgment that one ever existed.

You really should read 1984.... It's an amazing novel!

11. Superpan

Superpan Member

"Wait, but that book condemmed Big Brother's policies as the worst thing human beings could do. Plus, according to Alan Moore, that government fell rather quickly. What happened to "Moral Shades of Grey"??

12. jph139

jph139 Immortal

(Just so you boys know, you should probably wrap this up - I mean, with the Four Post Rule, this probably should have been closed a long ago, but I've been letting it go ahead since the thread as a whole has [or had] larger appeal.)

13. Superpan

Superpan Member

Wait the 4-post rule does apply to threads outside of Hurt/Heal?

Well, we should be wrapping this up. Spideyfan has this long complicated plot though, so...I'm not quite sure where this is going.

14. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Ghost of Hobbes: You could do it via PM! Though I guess that would be kinda pathetic.

15. jph139

jph139 Immortal

It applies to everything but Greatest Threads and Rule the World; I mean that it should have been closed, but because it's RtW and thus has larger appeal in a general sense it hasn't been.

16. Superpan

Superpan Member

We're negotiating through PM, but there's this whole doomsday thing and there's a mental challenge we have to figure out and it's quite confusing.

17. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Oh, is that what's going on? I stopped actually following this as soon as I died.:sweat:

18. Superpan

Superpan Member

Well, in summary, Maximillian Freidmann has a doomsday device that, if Allen and I don't turn over control of the earth to him, he will use to destroy the world.

19. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

You could simply have Maximillian Friedmann die, which somehow disables the doomsday device, and gives control over the world to whoever is still alive. You don't need a reason; just say "a wizard did it" and move on. The new game is scheduled to start later tonight, and I don't think we've ever had two Rule The Worlds running at the same time. Although with two players, this isn't exactly running anymore.

20. SpideyFan914

Yeah, I kinda just wanna finish up the storylines.... If Superpan and Maximilian and Allen ever finish negotiating, the game should end rather quickly afterward, one way or the other.

Evil Max: "Regardless of what happened in 1984, I would agree to this plan. Perhaps get your people to follow my dearest good clone, and when all is said in five years time, I'll kill you all and step in to take my clone's place. Then and only then will I destroy the doomsday machine. Deal?"