1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule The World VII - 2029 (END)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Superpan

Superpan Member

I just made a whole post about this...

Mr. Locke, I put you under arrest for the CRIME OF HIGH TREASON, PUNISHABLE BY DEATH! YOUR VERDICT AND SENTENCE WILL BE AVAILABLE BY THE END OF THE YEAR!

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

If my connection issues aren't resolved soon, I'm going to have to put the game on hold. It took me an hour the other day to get the map uploaded, and it took me a half-hour today.

HERE IS THE MAP!

MAJOR EVENTS

Eagleland has fallen. Tommy Locke was killed by his own people after initiating a pointless draft in order to launch two pointless ICBMs, both of which were shot down by Holly and The United States. Tommy Locke’s name would go down in history, not for what he accomplished, but for the opportunities he let slip away. If he had been the one to fund Maximilian’s project, the experimental bomb would have been his, and if he hadn’t allied with Holly, General Stavridis would have remained in Eagleland and trained a successor as was agreed upon. But it was not to be.

Valhalla has declared war on Bostonia. An ICBM was also launched, striking the inactive Firestorm Barriers and destroying them.

MINOR EVENTS

In Beast Coast, the nation has received twenty-five resources from the renewed activity on Wall Street. The WTO made multiple deals with the nations of the world, and with the nations of North America expanding, the economies of the world are growing. However, not everybody is pleased with having The WTO pulling the strings. Happiness and Morality both dropped by twenty percent.

In Holy Arabia, The WTO has approached Pharaoh seeking permission to resume oil production operations in the nation’s vast oil reserves. If Pharaoh accepts, a permanent +7 to per round resources will be applied.

In The United States Of America, congress voted not to relocate the capital to Hawaii.

3. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

1. I would like to thank the Russian government for making the deal with me. I hope you will enjoy the fact that I exterminated all of the zombies for you, and got rid of the infectious virus.

2. I would like to spend 5 resources getting the bullet train back up and running.

3. I would like to spend another 5 resources to try to upgrade my PROTOTYPE teleportation devices. (If that is possible.)

#863 VP VP, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  4. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

Hm.... Why didn't our radars go off....

I haven't yet found someone to replace Amy Stone. Therefore, I'll have to keep making these announcements myself.

Holly will be claiming Romania on this turn.

5. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter Active Member

Good news, my subjects! We're at war with Bostonia! Threaten me, will ya? I just gave you my answer! BOO YAH!

Better news! On my first trip to Italy, I met this incredible man named Leonardo Leopardi. He's got this beautiful head of red hair, and a smile that can seriously even make a man melt! He's THAT hot! I'm starting to think of a future with him. I'm already in my mid-30s, and I'm tired of being lonely and unhappy. Boy... never thought I'd say that.

BEST NEWS! I spend 2 RES on moving into Switzerland and 3 RES on war readiness. Did I mention we're at war with Bostonia? HAPPY DAY!

Speaking of which, I also spent 3 RES on war readiness last year, and that was missed.

On a lighter note, I'm sad to hear of Mr. Locke's passing. He was a good friend...

6. The Huntsman

I'm starting to lose interest in the "make your own event" thing. Why spend five resources to get the train going? What am I supposed to give you for that? I mean, I could stretch things out and say you get an additional resource per round because people get to work faster, but some of the things that people are coming up with are making my job extremely difficult.

And these connection troubles of mine aren't making my mood any better.

7. SpideyFan914

Furthermore, I will spend 5 RES on War Readiness. We must be ready if anyone seeks our heads....

And I'm sure Locke is not the last of our enemies....

8. The Huntsman

I thought you claimed Bulgaria last round, and could you please stop using the small font. I have a very large monitor resolution and it makes your tiny font very difficult to read.

9. SpideyFan914

Sorry, Romania is what I meant.

And okay, that's fair.... Though I DO like the small font.... It's that whole, "Speak softly and carry a big stick," in font size. ;) But, yeah, I'll keep it at 2 from now on.... Too bad there's no 1.5....

10. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Well, at least one life lesson learnt there.:p Honestly, I was planning to fight America for a while longer, just to finally finish a huge war in this game, but it occured to me that, while I would doubtless die eventually, I might not die before all the new land was claimed. I could have accepted one of Peterson's offers and gone with Pharaohs plan, which was to get really popular with the people and then run for president in election year... but then I decided that I'd rather just start up a new character.

Speaking of which

Name: Johnathan "The Tiger" Hobbes
    Nation Name: The Golden Country
    Color: Gold (What? It's free now! :p)
    Economy: Autocratic
    Government: Dictatorship
    Background: Politcian
    Starting Location: Algeria
    Capital: Algiers

Hello, new nieghbors! My name is Johnathan Hobbes! I was a prominent local philosopher before the world ended, after which I hid in the woods for a couple of years and got even BETTER at philosophizing then I was before. Now I'm running a country! My goal? WORLD PEACE.

11. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pharaoh will be allowing oil drilling to take place in his wonderful nation of Holy Arabia! Pharaoh loves oil. Pharaoh drinks oil in his morning cereal and sometimes he replaces milk in camel milkshake with oil... making this a camel oilshake!!! Teehee!!

Pharaoh would like to welcome the following country to Holy Arabia this year:

Iraq

Pharaoh will also be moving his capital to the beautiful Arab city of Jeddah this year.

RIP Bird Lady..........'s dead body into small parts and eat her at big barbecue party! Pharaoh will be making Bird Lady oilshake for himself.

Pharaoh bids you good year, beautiful Arab citizens! May Allah bless you!

12. The Huntsman

You can only claim one nation a year.

13. Superpan

Superpan Member

I should probably comment...

AMERICANS, we have overcome a dark history in our chapter. As the world watched, brother fought brother due to the whims of men with vendettas. With the death of Locke, an era of prosperity and democracy can finally come to our people. LONG LIVE LIBERTY!!!!

Well, as I said, Raven, be unpopular and the people will rise up against you.

14. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

But... you said...

15. Jmill

Jmill Person

Hey, Raven. If this Hobbes guy fails, will your next person be "Rousseau"?

I'm claiming New Zealand.

16. The Huntsman

But then we decided to simply let people claim nations instead of regions, and when that was decided, I said people can only select one nation per round.

17. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Very well. Pharaoh chooses Iraq.

Also Pharaoh must admit he does not like this Johnathan Hobbes fellow. He reminds Pharaoh very much of the evil French man Hugh Bliss.

18. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

I'm trying to think of what animal he could be. :p

I've never met anyone named Hugh Bliss, but it's a shame that you don't like me! I like you! I think that we could be best pals!

EDIT: And hey! I'll admit I made a plethora of mistakes as Locke - the biggest of which Huntsman has already covered - but I did have allies and countries which I had good relationships with, up until I suddenly didn't.

19. chdr

chdr Active Member

With the help of the Pentagon, Stony Brook, and a 50 res tab, I'm buying myself an ion cannon.

(I can do that, right? It seems that anyone can buy the advanced technologies now)

P.S. The map is missing my capital. I guess I'll move it Richmond.

20. The Huntsman

No. Bostonia got the bonus because they spent resources to strengthen the nation's education systems, which included MIT. MIT was specifically mentioned in the background for theoretical physicists, so in that event, it made sense to let him have the bonus.

Only a few nations in the world actually have that bonus.