1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

RULE THE WORLD VI ~ PANTHEON (Eternal Bliss!)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by jph139, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

Yes, Thoth will be pleased! The Olympians accept THIS map as well!

2. Superpan

Superpan Member

HUMANISTS, WE HAVE REGAINED INDIA! ALL OF OUR PROMISED LAND HAS BEEN RETURNED TO US! THANKS AND HIGH PRAISES TO YOU, HUGH BLISS!!

IAM AGREES TO THE MAP AND IN CELEBRATION MOVES IAM's CAPITAL TO JERUSALEM!

If I have to buy an imperial hero to do that, make it JESUS since the game is ending.

3. SpideyFan914

Oh, and speaking of capitals, Olympus would prefer placing its in the BACK of Mu, far, far away....

I also still vote that the game DOESN'T end! With Mu yet to be salvaged, and the Asian Islands open for occupancy, surely there's SOMETHING yet to happen.... Perhaps that djinn who said he'd take over the world? Never really did anything with that....

4. Superpan

Superpan Member

Where would the djinn come in? What country would it appear in.....oh man.

That said, doesn't Hugh Bliss possess the last Djinn lamp?

5. SpideyFan914

See those Asian Islands I mentioned, which are completely unoccupied....? Yeah....

And yes to the other question as well.

6. JAG

JAG Active Member

Yes, the new map is a rather large improvement.

Olymp-Thothites! Thy lord hath returned at last! Let us rebuild our holy city of Thothtown, starting with a new museum/temple combo dedicated to my fellow Olympians!

-The Glorious Book of Thoth

7. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

There are over a dozen people ready to play the next game. I don't see what point there is in continuing this one. Johnny intended for the frost giants to be a huge challenge, but the sword of swords pretty much made that a moot point. And we overcame the rains as well. Seems like a good time to end it.

8. SpideyFan914

But.... djinni! Asian Islands! Mu! Olympians still have stories to happen!

9. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Djinn is off causing chaos. Asian Islands aren't of much use. Mu has another bomb.

There, happy? I suppose I'll have to leave all of you to your eternal peace or whatever. Man, how boring. Ending the world with a giant flood and turning the last living god into the Judeo-Christian being worshipped in the future would have been WAY more interesting.

10. The Huntsman

You have Hollywood in the next game. You can finish your stories as "soap operas" or something. Hell, if you want to really mess with things, you could say this entire series of events was just a TV show in the next game and you can keep "telling" the story through that.

11. SpideyFan914

Such an unsatisfactory ending.... Can we have a sequel?

12. JAG

JAG Active Member

^ Welcome to Rule The World.;)

You should've been there for II and V. Nobody lost in II, and the (censored) NPCs won V. Pantheon will actually have one of our better endings.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

So, can I get a YEA/NAY for eternal bliss? I play tiebreaker because, hey, I'm an immortal being beyond all of your imaginations!

Or just a collective dream.

Still.

14. The Huntsman

15. JAG

JAG Active Member

Yea.

-The Glorious Book of Thoth

16. Jmill

Jmill Person

I vote Yay.

17. SpideyFan914

Does it matter?
    The green means you said yea.
    What?? No it doesn-
    See! There ya go again!

18. Superpan

Superpan Member

WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD BEING THE ONLY ONE LEFT?

...aw man....

VERY WELL, BUT YAHWEH-EK'S TIME WILL COME.

IAM ABSTAINS FROM THE VOTE.

(TEE-HEE)

19. jph139

jph139 Immortal

And thus the story did end. For each man had a god, and each god had a country. In the world of Williams and Lee and Howling Coyote, the Flood came and swept the world away, and one man remained; he worshipped one god, and thus did the Jews, and the Christians, and the Muslims. This was history, and THIS was the world.

But perhaps gods are mightier than they seem. Perhaps they WERE gods.

Toby Scott sat upon his gilded throne in his castle of marble, wires and screens all about him. It was beautiful. He was content. 5000 years had passed in relative peace; a few cults to be stomped out, a few species to eradicate. But the people were content with a weeknight lineup far beyond that of any neighboring nation. And really, what else could a peasant hope for?

The House of El was an ancient building; built of the same stone as the first temples of the first men. And Yahweh-Ek sat there - or so they said. None ever looked upon the form of the one true God. Perhaps history was skewed in his favor - but he is God. History is what he speaks, and the future is what he desires. The halls of stone remained, and would remain.

Perhaps, in his heart, Hugh Bliss longed for the time and the world he once knew. He knew, however long he lived in this universe, it would never become the world he remembered. But perhaps he did not. Perhaps he enjoyed being king of Mu and Africa. Perhaps he was content to be worshipped. Perhaps life as an idol was beyond his wildest imagination. Perhaps he was content.

Few truly worshipped the Olympians. If history shows anything, it shows them as beings just as petty and as fallible as human beings. But it painted them as beings of power - to be respected and to be feared. From their newest mountain, they looked down on their people around the world. Zeus smote those who offended him. And what is worship if not fear?

And for all time, the gods were adored, and the world was one of might and of magic.

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus./The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." ~ Bible, Revelation

20. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What happened to Pharaoh?