1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

RULE THE WORLD VI ~ PANTHEON (Eternal Bliss!)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by jph139, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Superpan

Superpan Member

WHAT!

NO, you told me that "Spideyfan" didn't know how to play the game and that he deserved to die! I can send anyone who questions it the PM, where Bliss laid out his strategy.

The only reason that IAM tried to take the flood power from you was because no deity in his right mind would allow another deity to hold all that power! How was IAM supposed to know that you wouldn't find IAMself "unworthy of playing the game" and wiping IAM out. IT SHOULD BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY GOD TO PROTECT HIS PEOPLE FROM THAT FATE, THE FATE THAT YOU GAVE TO YOUR PEOPLE!

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I have nothing to hide. I told you that I wished The Olympians would give me their land in East Africa. Their refusal would have caused the land to fall into Nipa Kamui’s hands, and if that happened, we would have been doomed. So I asked you not to accept their land in Atlantis so that I could defeat them. We were at war at the time and that was a reasonable request.

However, you then decided to sneak attack The Olympians. They gave you land and you invaded them because you wanted East Africa. You did that on your own. I told you outright that Zeus wouldn’t be happy with your betrayal and I even told Zeus that you were going to betray him.

I did tell you that you could probably defeat The Olympians, and that you had a better chance against Nipa Kamui than Zeus did, but I never told you to invade The Olympians.

3. Superpan

Superpan Member

VERY WELL....IAM has read the PM's and will apologize to Mr. Bliss. I misread his signals. IAM APOLOGIZES!

That said, IAM sees no reason why Jerusalem is being withheld from IAM's people.

Until then, IAM refuses to agree to this and thus the three of you if you wish, will only have the land of the Church of Prismatology, the Scottians, and Atlantis to draw from. IAM apologizes, but IAM respectfully refuses to give any land to the treaty.

4. The Huntsman

I thought I gave you Jerusalem in the second map, but you said it wasn’t good enough. Maybe it’s the distorted map, but I looked at maps online and if you get any land further north, you’re going to be in Turkey. Is Turkey your “Holy Land”, Yahweh-Ek?

5. Superpan

Superpan Member

In this game, apparently. By Jerusalem, I meant the territory I started with in the game, where it is the name for a whole region that is much bigger than it is in real life. Your Jerusalem missed a little bit at the top. If that was the whole reason for the misunderstanding, I apologize. All I'm asking for is the whole territory I picked out at the beginning of the game,. I don't feel this is unreasonable, as I was fine with the rest of my territory on the map. I just wanted the complete territory.

6. The Huntsman

That’s just being stubborn! You don’t gain anything by having all of it! It’s not like that little bit up north is going to make or break your nation! This is seriously making me consider throwing out all roleplay elements in the next Rule The World because people are letting such trivial things bother them. First it was Greece and now Jerusalem… I hate to break it to you, folks, but neither are relevant. If you put your capitals there, they aren’t very defensible, and your followers aren’t clamoring to return home. Has Johnny been making events where followers want to go back to Greece and Jerusalem? No? I didn’t think so. And with the world coming to an end, is it really necessary to argue over such tiny pieces of land?

I still think The Four Corners map is the best one. It’s nice. It’s neat. I believe people should just swallow their pride and accept that one. However, the second map is as far as I’m going to budge. I’m tired of dealing with this stuff.

7. Superpan

Superpan Member

Yes, but we're human beings. We like having things that have special significance to us. Again, I do not see any reason why you can't draw a few lines and everyone could get along fine. Some of us were after specific territories, so chiding us for our stories kind of goes against our style of play.

IAM sends regrets, but will not agree to the current agreement. IAM again apologizes.

This is an internet role-playing game. Everything in it is trivial! None of this really matters! In this game, we make things important to base our gameplay around. You defeating Kamui was yours, Spideyfan getting Greece was his, Jacques getting the holy lands was his, and me keeping the holy lands was mine. I don't see why if this game is going to end after this, that small demands can't be met.

8. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

.... Well....
    I'm fully in favor of this second map! All that remains is to be certain that the movement of my capital is free....

9. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Well, that depends on if you god guys are ready to pass Earth into an eternity of paradise. Or forced labor for the puny mortal men. I mean, I don't really care, up to you.

I guess I'll go make Martians or something. Or maybe put some guys on Jupiter's moons...

10. The Huntsman

So... if we all commit to peace, the game will end? I guess we sort of did stop the two end-game events.

11. Superpan

Superpan Member

Awww....if it wasn't for the fact he's tried to kill everyone, IAM would feel sorry for Dr. Manhatten.

I know it's far too early to comment, but those comments about there being only one winner this game are extremely ironic huh? It's like these games are fated to end in mainly mutual agreement, which I guess is something of a commentary on human nature. Maybe.

#1291 Superpan, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
  12. The Huntsman

13. JAG

JAG Active Member

*sigh* Farewell once more, Thothland.

I accept the new map.

- The Glorious Book of Thoth

14. Superpan

Superpan Member

I love that map. If everyone is ready for the game to end...

IAM AGREES TO THIS MAP!

That said, if we all agree to the map, can we have an Epilogue turn so that we can all finish our stories and maybe introduce some gods into our pantheon since we won't need the faith anymore, etc.

15. SpideyFan914

I'm.... afraid I don't understand....
    Wait, are you the forces that be or the product of Bliss' shizophrenia which has been plaguing us lately?

Hey, like, am I the only one who, like, actually caares that, like, we're all stripped of our awesome powwerrs and stuff?
    Meh, I still got those brass knuckles. Haven't used 'em in ages, yo, but the Hades is always up for a nice li'l refresher course!
    Can I say a word?
    What the -? Jaques?? You're still here??
    GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, YOU LITTLE -
    Mo-om!!
    Yes, I'm sorry.... but I'd like to repropose that strategy of completely ignoring this "being." Everything that's happened can, in fact, be explained scientifically.
    It.... can....?
    "It can all be explained scientifically!" Brat....
    Of course. The flooding began shortly after the Mighty Bomb was discovered. All along, it was emitting energy, pulsing through the air. This raised barometric pressure and increased humidity, thus causing it to rain, and this was only prevented because of the Gods' teamwork. When the Mighty Bomb was launched, it had an effect on the entire world - namely, the weakening of all God Powers. Though it's uncertain whether this is temporary or permanent, this effect was further amplified by the psychological effect - much of what is happening to you now is really just in your head.
    But then.... what about the speeches....?
    It was purely our imagination's getting the better of us. Happens all the time - when things are particularly sour, man and God alike seek supernatural relief.
    What he says.... does make sense....
    So.... so I really am atheist!
    Precisely.
    Yeah, that's, like, my boyfriend and stuff!
    Hey, Jaques! You're pretty smart!
    And you've also invaded the palace and upset the balance of this Pantheon!
    No, That was Hades....
    Hey!
    Jaques, for your crimes, you are hereby sentenced -
    - to honorary membership!
    What?
    What?
    WHAT???
    Well, He's Certainly Saving the World....
    I'll Throw him My Support!
    He speaks logic.
    Go light and reason!
    All in favor?
    Aye!
    Aye!
    Aye!
    Aye!
    Aye!
    Aye!
    Nay!
    Nay overruled! Welcome to the Honorary Pantheon, Jaques! You're now welcome to come and go as you please!
    Thank you, Zeus.
    (IhatehimIhatehimIhatehim!)
    Hey! That is My Thing!

Yeah, uh.... There is no way that I'm going to finish my stories in this game.... Hades' arc was literally just beginning....

16. Superpan

Superpan Member

In commermoration of this peace, BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME, IAM DECLARES POSEIDON AND DEMETER MAN AND WIFE!

YOU MAY KISS THE GODDESSS!

17. SpideyFan914

No.
    Exactly! I never Proposed!
    No, I Mean No.
    .... oh....

By the way - we can't end the game without knowing what's on Mu!!

18. Superpan

Superpan Member

Don't you own Mu?

Also, too bad, Demeter, Poseidon, YOU'RE ALREADY MARRIED! TEE-HEE!

IAM will also send his son Peter to see what is on Atlantis or what it is called now NEVERLAND!

19. SpideyFan914

Actually, One Must Say two words to be Married, and I have Not.
    Iam, Stop rubbing it in.
    And for the record, Atlantis has already been salvaged.

20. The Huntsman