1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

RULE THE WORLD V (Finale!)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by jph139, Mar 4, 2010.

1. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

A press conference from Josiah Animore is currently being been given.

You fools, you thought that you had achieved world peace. This can only be achieved with the world being wiped out. A new beginning. You shouldn't have let your guard down so easily. I have planted bombs all across the world, all set to explode in one minute. Good bye.

The world is in utter panic. The minute passes, but nothing happens. The view of the press conference is a stunned face of Josiah Animore. The police take him into custody and a mysterious hooded man steps to the podium. He speaks.

As a longtime advocate for peace, I could never let such a thing happen. I knew of Animore's motives when I discovered Leonardo Cartoon barely alive in the middle of a desert. When I brought him back to health, he told me all that he heard Animore say while kidnapping him. I acted quickly with a secret agency to destroy the bombs with the technology that I had acquired. For Leonardo is my son. And I am GALILEO CARTOON! I staged my death for the very fear of this incident. But I am very much alive. And I wish for the world to begin this new age of peace with a final quote from Mark Twain. "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." I resume my position as leader of Sitnalta in a wonderful new era.

2. Superpan

Superpan Member

I think a major historical event happened in Stinalta. I think.

Incidentally, Mr. Cartoon, how can your people breathe out of water for extended periods of time? I just realized that has not been answered.

3. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum." (Not to know what happened before you were born is to remain forever a child.) ~ Cicero
    The earth-shattering news will be released next year. Look forward to it!

EVENT

Historographers have made a series of queries into the past, as requested by world leaders.

Davy Crockett was captured and then executed at the Alamo.

George Washington's personal feelings for Sally Fairfax cannot be ascertained. However, no evidence of a relationship was found, and the same can be said of President Lincoln and Anne Rutledge.

Walt Disney conceptualized Mickey Mouse, but Ub was the one to really "create" him.

Rache was a variety of individuals - a terrorist organization. They had no specific goals, as far as we can ascertain.

King Lee was born in King Jag's court. His true parentage is uncertain, but he claims to be of noble blood; his mother was simply a courtesan. He sparked a revolution simply for power, attempting to gather Muslim forces against Jag. However, secretly, he was not and is not a Muslim - instead, an atheist. (This is not a secret any longer, as Lee has no particular need of overt Muslim support.)

4. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Evil King Lee, Solomon cannot believe this! Solomon was already upset with you for betraying him, but now you have admitted to being evil atheist? Solomon cannot believe this, no, atheists hurt Allah's feelings more than Jews, Christians, homosexuals and Canadians all added together! Bof!

5. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Perhaps you should have listened to me, Sultan. I told you they were all going to betray you.

6. Superpan

Superpan Member

Canada is glad to see it's answers, but we ask King Lee after this recent revelation to go back in time and resurrect those three people who were executed back in World War V. If you hold a belief that is outside of the mainstream, than I don't see why a person had to die for being Jewish.

7. jph139

jph139 Immortal

From the desk of King Lee:

We at Novus Africanus Regnus do not believe in altering the timestream. What's done is done, for better or for worse. It is not man's place to do the work of the gods.

8. Superpan

Superpan Member

Very well, I see your point. Another year of polite dialogue between world leaders continue...

9. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

An excellent question. Despite common historical misconception, Atlantis was surrounded by a large dome. You see, the Atlantians were quite aware of the disaster that would soon fall on their civilization so they built it and managed to survive. They never needed to breathe under water.

10. Jmill

Jmill Person

Would you like some tea and a scone? :p

11. JAG

JAG Active Member

So the war has truly ended, then? *sigh* Very well. I had shared Jag's dream of seeing Africa once more united under the Kingdom of New Africa, but it appears that it will never happen. I can only hope that the regimes of King Lee and Mr. Bliss will be as benevolent as mine would have been.

As for my current situation...well, 'Freedom Fighters' is hardly an appropriate title for a nation that will probably never see combat. Nor is an Autocratic Dictatorship an appropriate type of government for a nation dedicated to freedom. So I shall now cease my war preparations and reorganize my country into something a bit more suitable for peacetime.

Nation: The Arctic Republic
    Capital: Nuuk
    Leader: President Samuel van Cleer
    Government: Capitalist Democracy
    Trait: Charismatic
    Color: Purple

Before these changes are implemented, I will spend my resources on the following: A Volunteer Military, a Missile Defense System, and a Central Intelligence Agency. 'Hope for the best, prepare for the worst' and all. May as well ensure that my people are well-protected.

12. Superpan

Superpan Member

I'm sorry about your loss, JAG, but welcome to democracy again!

I was just about to suggest this! To celebrate world peace and Cinco De Mayo, everyone is invited to a tea party in Mulronia! Bring your snotiness and grandest guffaws!

13. JAG

JAG Active Member

Tea? Scones? Bloody brilliant! I've always quite enjoyed these finest of delicacies. Unfortunately, it has been many years since I've so much as seen them. They were rather hard to come by in our remote Everglades hideout during Jag's descent into Nuke Mania, and in keeping with our military lifestyle, The Freedom Fighters have been living on MREs since our formation. A tea party...is like a gift from heaven at this point.

*guffaws grandly*

14. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." ~ Genesis 1:1-1:4
    The time has come. This will be the final update; an epilogue will be posted this Friday, so, if you would like to change your nation or create any final alterations to the map, do so now.

EVENT

On January 1st, 2025, mankind paused to hear the words of their gods. They were not the gods of old - they were the gods of science, of politics, of discovery. They were men, just like you and I, but they had the power of the universe at their fingertips. They were not alone.

As they looked back through the ages, they found something peculiar. Their tapes and photographs, their journeys through time, the ancient writings of lost arts - found deep in the desert - helped piece together a puzzle many thousands of years in the making. Man once believe in something beyond his understanding, but time and fear had made him cold and skeptical, and the fae died, and the dragons vanished, and the gods faded into memory and folklore.

Now, science has proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that gods had existed.

Thousands of years ago, when mankind was young, beings of great power walked the Earth. They ruled over old Egypt and Greece, over Japan and China, across the world. They were worshipped - and justly so, for they truly were beyond man's strength. They were divine.

Whether such beings could still exist is unknown - Yahweh and Allah, perhaps, still remain among us - but most curious is a record of ancient warfare. It seems these gods were concurrent; Zeus and Odin, Ra and Amaterasu, Ba'al and Gilgamesh, all fighting for their place.

Historographers have mapped out the entire history of the Deic Wars - and, before long, they will be released to the public. The age of myths and heroes, where beings of great power struggled to, as man does today... rule the world.
    RULE THE WORLD VI
    PANTHEON
    COMING SOON

15. The Huntsman

Interesting. I know that you told me you would start up the next game once you got finished with one of those “Greatest” threads, but do you have an ETA on when that might be?

Also, will we be playing as gods or merely their champions?

16. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You do not need stupid scientists to say this; Solomon has been preaching of Allah's existence for many years now, why did you not believe him?

17. Superpan

Superpan Member

I'm glad that we went out on a tea party.

Wait, since most countries are owned by NPCs, can we change their land or not?

18. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Well, once this is over, I believe I'll be able to start Greatester Superman Villain, which... 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 +2 = 62... about two months from Friday. So, it'll probably start late June/early July and run 'til September.

The gods themselves. Of course, the specifics can be changed, but... I'll release details when I'm feeling less lazy.

Umm, I guess I'll act for them. Depends on the change, really. But I'll be lenient; if you want to fiddle with their land, go ahead.

19. Jmill

Jmill Person

Hey, Lee, Galileo: Do you mind giving me Europe? I would greatly appriciate it.

20. The Huntsman

Since Johnny mentioned that his game may not begin until late June or early July, I could spend the weekend putting together a Rule The World of my own so that we can keep playing if people want to keep playing. As Johnny said we’ll have about two months to fill, which I highly doubt my game would last longer than.