1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule The World: Continental US Edition!

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Dec 28, 2012.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

In the year 2012, conspiracy theorists and doomsayers were preoccupied with the Mayan Apocalypse. Unfortunately for them, December 21st came and went without much of a fuss, but a few short days later, something truly catastrophic occurred. The United States government was incapable of striking a deal to prevent the fiscal cliff, but unbeknownst to the public, the fiscal cliff was a sea monster. In anger, it swallowed the government and vanished to parts unknown, leaving the nation without leaders. In the months and years that followed, the nation found itself in a civil war, as various people seized the opportunity to forge the nation anew.

This is a game of conquest. In order to play, you need to post the following information:

• Your Nation’s Name
    • Your Leader’s Name
    • Your Starting State
    • Your Nation’s Color
    At the beginning of every round, you will have the option to expand into a state that immediately borders your territory. The only exception to this is through alliances, as if you are in an alliance, you will be able to expand into any state that immediately borders their territory. Players can declare war on one another, and when players are at war, I will roll one D20 for each player, per flank, and determine who advances on each flank by the outcome of the dice. For each ally you have, you will gain +2 to your rolls, and +4 if your ally directly borders the battlefield.

HERE IS THE MAP

Players

Where There Never Is Pie
    • Ruler: Lord Edgar Pennington (The Man Who Hates Pie)
      Player: The Huntsman
      Color: Green

2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I know a story's not needed, but...

"In the months that followed the collapse of the U.S. government, the staff of Marvel Comics fled for refuge to the state of Missouri. Unfortunately, the place where they first hunkered down for shelter was an abandoned military lab for biological warfare testing. A few swallowed serums later ("I thought it was Gatorade!") and a zombie plague was unleashed!! Now the people of Missouri crave brains...and Marvel Comics!!"

Marvel Zombieland (formerly Missouri)
    Ruler:
    Zombot. He's half robot/half zombie. All Superawesome!
    Player: wonderfly
    Color: Blue

3. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Having a story is good. If we get enough players, the fun will be in interacting with one another. Especially since this version of the game doesn't have the investments that more complicated versions had. I just don't know how many of the old players are still around, or if enough new players are interested in it. Hopefully this gets more buzz than my end of the world RPG.