1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule the Caribbean - FAILED

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

2. Jmill

Jmill Person

Quit now, Fadumo? Give me your South American colonies and then I'll call off the war. We don't need to fight if you give me what I want.

3. The Huntsman

It's update time. HERE IS THE MAP!

Battles keep going back and forth due to the luck of the dice, and people aren't really posting. Doesn't make for a very exciting game.

4. Jmill

Jmill Person

Back and forth? Doesn't look like it for me...
    Also, let's do a benefit. I love contests. And it seems like we need one right about now. Anyone who asks will be entered into winning Puerto Rico. Asks must be in public through this, and the contest ends next round. Also: you can influence your chances by telling me why you deserve Puerto Rico.

5. Superpan

Superpan Member

I deserve Puerto Rico becuase it is an island...possibly the island. If it proves to be accurate, I will have found a paradise on earth, a place where the Fountain of Youth flows and one would never grow old. I alone have the map to it....so give it to me and I will share this great booty with all of ye landlubbers.

Except you Winter-Storm! Now that I have returned, I must now drive you from my lands!

6. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"¿Puerto Rico? ¿Merezco Puerto Rico? ¿Cómo podía cualquier persona con excepción de me merecer Puerto Rico? ¡Dios gracioso ha concedido este paraíso de un Nuevo Edén a la gente española, y nuestra dominación de este mundo, voto en contra, necesidad comience aquí, por las islas enormes y fértiles del Caribe!

"¡Usted, la otra persona! ¡Su fuente de la juventud pertenece a España! ¡España solamente! ¡Deje esa fuente de la juventud sola! ¡Usted hará hediondo con su olor!"

(The Rich Port? Do I deserve the Rich Port? How could anyone other than myself deserve the Rich Port? Gracious God has granted this paradise of a New Eden to the Spanish people, and our dominance of this world should, nay, must begin here, on the lush and fertile islands of the Caribbean!

You, other person! Your Fountain of Youth belongs to Spain! Spain alone! Leave that Fountain of Youth alone! You will make it smelly with your smell!)

7. Superpan

Superpan Member

Spnaish dominance? PAH! The dominance will come to those who truly are able to hold power and retain it! The Fountain of Youth belongs to I and I alone!

If the Spanish were meant to have it, then why have you not found it yet? Do not think that I have not heard of your attempts to find in your current war torn penninsula! Surely, we all know that it is on an island!!!

The Fountain of Youth is clearly mine...and besides if I bathe in it, I will no longer smell!!

That..that is how bathing works....right? I...I live with pirates...we...we're not really the bathing type.

8. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

*Yawn* Oh, you silly little people and your silly lit-

F...Fountain? Hmmmm.....

9. The Huntsman

I think I've lost all interest in this. World record. I'm not going to end it, though, as I figure people want to keep playing. However, I forgot to update it today, and tomorrow I'm going to be busy keeping an eye on the April Fools nonsense. The game will resume on Monday, unless the majority just wants to walk away.

10. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

April Fool's Day, eh?
    That reminds me...

11. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huntsman CHANGE JUAN'S DANG COLOR!!! and Pharaoh will be happy.

12. Superpan

Superpan Member

I know this is cruel, but that second to last post made me laugh on the inside.

Fountain? What fountain? No fountain here...

13. The Huntsman

14. Jmill

Jmill Person

After surveying the land for this fountain of youth (to no avail, must be somewhere else), I have found my winner.

The winner is Jas. B. His entry sent me throughout the island for the fountain (I believe it is in the Bahamas), and he could had the best use for it with his war against Winter-Storm.

So: Puerto Rico is now the property of the Pirate's Cove. That is all.

15. The Huntsman

I said this game had a 50/50 chance of ending badly. In hindsight, I was being too generous with those odds. This game went bad early. The map was too small, and with no resources or investments to manage, people lost interest fast and had no reason to post. Once the map got filled up, the number of posts dropped sharply, with some updates only having one or two posts between them.

Lesson? Johnny's Rule the World needs a large map and a resource and investment system that keeps people engaged. Lesson II? I'm never hosting another game again. I'm sure I'll be tempted to host another later on, but I think boredom would be preferable to my horrible games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.