1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule the Caribbean - FAILED

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

Yes, we are in an alliance.
    That is all.

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

So, you're in the alliance but not the war?

3. JAG

JAG Active Member

Sorry, but I think I'm going to have to drop out of this one. My internet's giving me grief (it took about five minutes for this page to load), and it's making this more trouble than it's worth. So we'll say van Cleer was assassinated by his head chef, who then proceeded to take command of the kingdom...

Um... right, 'ello, pirates n' gentlemen...and ladies? Yeah, one o' you is a queen. Right. Anyway, I'm not real used to this leadership lark, so, uh... blimey, I surrender. As me first and only Official Royal Decree, I'm orderin' that all The Columbian Kingdom's land be evenly split between its neighbors. Just... don't kill us. The king was insane, 'e was the one what declared war an' all. I don't want no part of no war... I just wanna go 'ome to England and bake scones. So... uh, toodle pip or somethin'. *runs away*

4. The Huntsman

Well, this game is just going swimmingly...

5. Superpan

Superpan Member

In light of this, Webster, I must ask that you review your declaration of war.

6. Jmill

Jmill Person

Considering the current circumstances, I will revoke my declarations entirely and reevaluate next round.

7. The Huntsman

It's update time. HERE IS THE MAP!

I'm reminded of why I dislike pure luck based warfare. The battles go back and forth. May have to start letting winners advance quickly even if the margin of victory is small. But frankly, this game is already a disaster. Hopefully Johnny will be able to start his in a month or two instead of in the summer.

8. Jmill

Jmill Person

Hey, Raven: would I be able to get that sliver of land you have in South America you got from van Cleer? It'll give me the whole territory, and it's not that much.

9. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"Sin importar sus pensamientos en la materia, INVADIRÉ LAS TIERRAS DE FADUMO. ¿Si lucha a su aliado, por qué no mi mejor consigue una ventaja acuática?

Además, confundiremos nuestros sables antes del Taverness. Mis apologías, pero usted son muy probablemente siguientes."

(Regardless of her thoughts on the matter, I will be INVADING THE LANDS OF FADUMO. If battling her ally, why not do my best to gain an aquatic advantage?

In addition, we will rattle our sabers before The Taverness. My apologies, but you are most likely next.)

And as a note "summer" for me starts in mid-May, so it shouldn't be too too long.

10. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jill, Pharaoh has an offer for you to give him El Salvador. Pharaoh has fourteen slave babies coming this year... fourteen little Pharaohs. Needless to say they will be very handsome, strong, hard workers. Pharaoh would keep them but they are distraction to his slave mamas too much...

If you don't take them they will be fed to alligators, by the way. Your choice.

11. Jmill

Jmill Person

I don't like children very much. For you to offer fourteen of them in exchange for land sounds like it could be one of the worst trades in history. No thanks.

12. The Huntsman

The game should go much better now. Wars will advance quickly, but not too quickly. You'll actually notice a difference on the map. However, I can't do much to make the game "interesting" for you guys. As with the first Rule the World, you all will have to come up with your own storylines. Maybe you should bring back those subtitled indian videos to insult one another again. :p

And don't let my earlier remarks dissuade you from going to war. I just want you to be smart about it and not declare war on everybody.

13. Jmill

Jmill Person

Captain Raven, I am still waiting for an answer. Please be quick with your responses or I shall have to be more aggressive with getting what I want.

14. Destiny of Awe

Oh, is that so? *chuckles*
    If that's how want to play...

I will now proceed in invading the land of Cuba!

15. The Huntsman

I'm afraid people are going to lose interest in this game now that they can't expand and there aren't investments to play with. The first few games may not have had investments, but they had plenty of land.

16. Jmill

Jmill Person

I DECLARE WAR ON THE ISLES OF PIRATA.

I will conclude the war once I have gathered all of your South American holdings. If you want to avoid the conflict, give them to me now and we can skip the carnage.

17. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"Por el Padre Divino, esto va lejos peor que esperé. ¡Declaro que el mundo está con nosotros o contra nosotros, y si usted está con nosotros, usted ensambla en nuestra lucha! ¿Quién ensamblará en mi cruzada? ¿Quién hará batalla junto a mí? ¿Quién levanta su lámina con valor?

¡Para Dios, para la Gloria, para España!"

(By the Heavenly Father, this is going far worse than I expected. I declare the world is either with us or against us, and if you are with us, you will join in our fight! Who will join in my crusade? Who will do battle alongside me? Who raises his blade with courage?

For God, for Glory, for Spain!)

18. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Juan John, this is your last chance. Change your country's color and we will ceasefire. If not, we continue the killing. FOR ALLAH!!!!!

19. Destiny of Awe

ALLAHU AKBAR! :D

I shall now invade the starting territory of J. Lloyd Webster!

20. Jmill

Jmill Person

By "invade", do you mean "join"? That's the subtext I'm getting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.