1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule the Caribbean - FAILED

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"Nos trasladaremos después en alguna parte al continente México… No puedo decir absolutamente adónde, pero tomará cualquier región que todavía no se ocupe. Si se ocupan todos, buscamos la parte más cercana de Suramérica.

En cuanto al Cuervo, estamos alegres nuestro intercambio hemos sido feria guardada. Nos no forzarán a quemar sus campos y masacrar a su gente, aunque nuestra condolencia para los Británicos es notable fina.

Ahora hago mi proclamación siguiente a ésas en Santo-Domingue: se avistan nuestras vistas. Su tiempo es corto. Sugiero entrega."

(Next we will move somewhere into mainland Mexico... I cannot quite say where, but will take any region which is not yet occupied. If all are occupied, we seek the nearest part of South America.

As for the Raven, we are glad our exchange has been kept fair. We will not be forced to burn your fields and massacre your people, though our sympathy for the British is remarkably thin.

Now I make my next proclamation to those in Saint-Domingue: our sights are sighted. Your time is short. I suggest surrender.)

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I should have commented sooner. In a normal game, your technicality may have been proven true, but because this map is flawed at best, all I've asked people to do to expand is to describe their choice to the best of their ability. With that, getting the name wrong is irrelevant. It's all about intent. Because I didn't respond sooner, I went ahead and had you expand into the next available country.

It's update time. HERE IS THE MAP!

War Updates

On ground battles, both sides each won two conflicts, with Ravenantis striking a critical blow in the northern front, gaining a significant amount of land.

On naval battles, Ravenantis has made significant landfall on the Columbian Kingdom's southern territory.

Without resources or other heavy modifiers, the battles in this game are purely based on luck. Don't get too confident if you're winning, and don't give into despair if you're losing. It could literally change with the next roll regardless of the circumstances.

3. Jmill

Jmill Person

I am far too polite to start saying "Nyah nyah told ya so" to you, Mr. Pharaoh. But know that I am thinking it.

I would like to expand into that piece of Peru bordering the Columbian Kingdom on two borders.

4. JAG

JAG Active Member

Hmm... well, we've made some progress, but not as much as the bird did. I expect better, lads! Fail your king, and it's the gallows for all of you!

Also, take the big chunk of land to our south.

5. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Take the piece of land upwards of my South American regions.

6. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Alright lads, time to take that territory to our west! We're going to have some more neighbors...

7. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pharaoh is pleased to announce the alliance of...

DESTINY OF AWESOME ARAB ALLIGATORS!!!!!!!!

We are declaring war on that illegal alien Juan John! GO DIE, Juan John!!

If not, we'll be sending you to Guantanamo in the end anyways!!
    :evil:

8. Jmill

Jmill Person

Which piece? I have already selected the most western one, so if you are planning on that one, kindly choose something else.

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

We select the piece of land that will allow us to border King Sam!!

It seems the world has come to our doorstep. Let them not find us sleeping.

10. The Huntsman

I normally wouldn't allow that. Can't very well sail through another nation's territory to claim land that's sealed away. But you are the only navigator and the map was very small, so I'll allow it. Guess you took your pirate ship down a river or something.

11. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Wait. Wait a moment. You think....that I am british? Pardon me for a moment:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HA.

No, you are quite mistaken as to my nationality. However, I -do- happen to hate the French with a passion, so the tension between us is understandable.

12. Superpan

Superpan Member

Jas B___ headed out onto the veranda of his pirate ship,k decked out in his finest red coat and hat. They said he looked a bit like a dandy, but he paid no attention to them. He knew he must dress like his royal heritage demanded. His heritage also demanded of him that he must act with impeccabe good form and....also take whatas rightfully his.

Mr. Winter-Storm, I am afraid that you are unfortunately in the land that is rightfully Pirate's Cove and we must ask you to leave. Do not worry...we shall aid you in this task.

PIRATES' COVE DECLARES WAR ON THE TAVERNESS!

13. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Well then false islander, I will slit your throat, and sacrifice your body to the sea! All fleets, MOVE OUT!!!!!!

14. The Huntsman

I thought Destiny would have replied by now. Both alliances and war declarations require all parties to consent. Has to be that way.

It's update time. HERE IS THE MAP!

I'm not going to post war updates from now on unless there are major updates. With three wars going on, it takes too long to write up a summary of who won what. Just compare the new map with the old map to see what's what.

15. Jmill

Jmill Person

Y'know something? Almost everyone is at war but me.

I hate war. It rips families apart, it destroys lives, it's awful. And all of you are encouraging it!

I'm afraid I have been left no choice but to mobilize my army and declare war on Pirate's Cove and The Columbian KingdomUnless we can sign a truce banning war forever, I'm afraid your presence here in the Caribbean is toxic to the people here. So toxic, it's like you all are a large metal spider consuming the landscape and I am the platypus leading the animals who left their glass jar containments of freedom to fight against you.

Revised: After reviewing with my council, it was deemed a war with everyone would not solve the problem. I have revised the plan and will be attacking only the two most aggressive nations at this time. -JW

#75 Jmill, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  16. Superpan

Superpan Member

Well...yes....uh... YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FILL OUT HER TAX FORMS!!!

Yes, good one!

Hmm....well. That is...interesting. Other nations...uch. Bad timing on my part, eh, wot?

17. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

We are toxic, Webster? Well then, I will have to let the sea decide if your blood is toxic too. Prepare to draw your last breath!

18. The Huntsman

You wouldn't do that in a normal game, would you? I know this is a limited map, but having four wars going at the same time, one of which is a war with everybody, is the sort of thing that would drive me to end up abandoning this game.

I ask you to reconsider.

19. Jmill

Jmill Person

That entire threat was the most disjointed thing I've ever had thrown at me.

1) Yes, you are toxic. I explained that above, you should read that.
    2) I never said your blood was toxic. If it was, you'd already be dead, which would be much more convenient for me. And if my blood was toxic, I wouldn't be here dissecting your empty threats. More importantly: how does the sea determine toxicity? And why would it matter in a battle to be determined by who has more land?
    3) I'll go get some colors of the wind up in the north. Maybe make a nice canvas or something. If it's my last breath, it might as well look really nice.

Before I finish, I'd like to revise my declaration. After reviewing with my council, I have decided to attack only what truly seems to be the problem with our society: the aggressors. I only declare war against Pirate's Cove and The Columbian Kingdom.

20. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What game is this you are talking about? Pharaoh plays games with Peter Pan's mother... this is not a game!!!! This is war!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.