1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

RULE NEW YORK (The End!)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by jph139, Jan 7, 2011.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Johnny wants people to PM him their epilogue information. He will write out an ending that talks about what we do over the next few years. I sent him a PM as he asked. But don't worry about it. I'm sending him an even better ending.

2. Blankments

Blankments The Sparkle Rises!

Dear comrade, I remember a time when you were looking forward to work with me. Let's not throw that away over a minor-

Michael? What are you doing in the announcement chair?

Nothing, Father. Just telling the comrades that I'm running for Senate.

That's fantastic! I always dreamed of the day you'd follow in my footsteps. I just didn't expect to be so soon.

Father, I'm 25 and I went to your Medical School. I'm old enough to be a Senator.

True... Anyways, Mr. Adams, what were you calling my son?

3. cradleman

cradleman Member

oh, ok. i didn't know THAT either. . . musta missed it when i read over this after waking up at 2 this morning. lol.

4. Jmill

Jmill Person

Mr. Damien Logi, I hate to put it this way, but your son's last speech sounded like something I would hear from Karl Marx. Of course, I am rolling on first impressions here. Your son may very well prove to be a good person, but all he has done is announced his plans to run and mentioned that he wants everyone to work together and become comrades. I am simply going with what is available for me to go with.

5. Blankments

Let me get this straight: you believe my son is a communist. Well, in that case, I can assume you believe I am a communist, since studies have shown that people pick up their political views and philosphies more often than not. I can also assume you believe I can not parent my child right. Mr. Adams, I'd very much like an apology. I know my son way better than you do, and you making a public slander against the Logi name is something I do not take kindly to.

6. Jmill

Jmill Person

I do not believe you are a communist at all. You said it yourself: People pick up views more often than not. This is one of those not cases.

As for the apology, I will not give one, as you cannot legally prove in our courts that I have defamed you. Assuming we will use United States law as a precedent for our court system, libel is false, harmful, made without researching, and intended to be harmful/said under disregard of the truth. I am simply using facts to form an opinion, which is also not considered defamatory. It's not a positive opinion at all, and I highly encourage your son to prove me wrong, but until then my opinion stands.

7. Blankments

Mr. Adams, all my son cares about equality. Is that too much to ask for? It sickens me that when my son speaks up on equality, you immediately assume that he must be a communist. Look, I know for a fact my son was never, is not, and will never be a communist. I raised him, Mr. Adams! I know my son! I swear I'd have a heart attack if I ever found my son is a communist, because it's just that big a shock!

Also, Mr. Adams, I'm certain the usage of the word "comrade" is nothing too big. I'm sure he just picked up on the Internet. The other day he told me this show he watched had great "lampshading." Lampshading? What the heck is lampshading? Did a lamp fall over on the show, creating a shade on a hot day?

I believe I do see what you're doing, Mr. Adams. You are the ONLY man accusing my son of being a communist, and also you are one of the few men running for Senator! I frown upon smear campaigns, Mr. Adams, and I believe you are above them. Prove me right.

8. Jmill

Jmill Person

I am not running a smear campaign. Partially because we're not running against each other and neither of us have any opposition.

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

Or do you...

10. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

This is funny! Do go on!

11. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Computer froze and I lost the ending. Might bother re-writing, might not. Probably not. Honestly the most disappointing thing to happen that I can recall, because it was fantastic and I was only proofreading it... alas and alack.

HERE'S the final map, though.

12. The Huntsman

Well, that's unfortunate. I stayed up waiting for the ending, too. However, it's just another debacle in a long line of debacles. I'm pretty much sick of Rule The Worlds at this point.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Alright, I WILL be re-writing the ending. Shouldn't be too hard since I already know what goes where and when. So expect that later... don't spoil things that you've sent to me in PM form!

14. jph139

jph139 Immortal

"You know those lights were bright on Broadway/But that was so many years ago.../Before we all lived here in Florida/Before the Mafia took over Mexico./There are not many who remember/They say a handful still survive.../To tell the world about.../The way the lights went out,/And keep the memory alive... ~ Billy Joel, "Miami 2017"

[​IMG]
    (Click for larger image.)
    In December 2020, the UN officially chose to admit the New York Federation to their organization. The next day, with President Claude Fox and Vice President Steven Cain present, the Statue of Liberty Historical Site and US Embassy was opened to much fanfare in both nations.

The first elections during the next January gave Michael Logi, Emperor Boris, and Toby Adams Jr. – among others – senatorial seats. All three served their first terms honorably. Later that year, Viktor Holding was found guilty of crimes against humanity and executed in 2023. He proclaimed his innocence until the end. He was almost pitied.

After his first term ended in 2026, Claude Fox retired after an eventful and successful term – squashing corruption, helping unify the fractured nation, and rebuilding the city itself. After grooming a Respite Island protégé as his successor, he retired to work at Coney Island like Washington to Mount Vernon.

Abraham Perry remained in control of Da Un-Abe Key for many years, but an attempted assassination by a pro-democratic group in 2027 shook him to the core. With congressional urging, his position became a more ceremonial one. After his death, this seat was abolished and forgotten.

As the head of the nation's medical division, Damien Logi continued his crusade against disease with heavy government funding. In 2028, he announced a cure for HIV, and because of this was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine. However, during this same year his son Michael Logi was caught attempted to overthrown the New York Federation and replace it with a home-grown form of communism. He fled the country in disgrace, while Logi was investigated for connections to the attempted coup.

Emperor Boris successfully won two terms in the senate, but in 2031 it was revealed he still plotted to kill Steven Cain, and saw his senate seat as simply a means to that end. He resigned from his position shortly after, becoming an eccentric shut-in until his death in fifteen years later. While oft-maligned by the rest of New York, on the tiny nation known as the Empire he is still a respected icon: today, at least seventeen statues of Emperor Boris I dot the tiny island.

Steven Cain eventually became the fourth president of the New York Federation, but was most remembered for his role in the philanthropic efforts of Big-G Global. After his first term as Vice President, he and Claude Fox rarely made contact until 2037, when they cooperated to create the theme park known as Respite North on Randall's Island. He eventually gave more than 70% of his total wealth the to tourist destination, which became one of the most-visited places on the planet.

While Damien Logi was found to have had no knowledge of his son's activities, the betrayal wounded him deeply, and he died a few years after winning his Nobel Prize. However, in 2041 his name (a national icon at that point) was nearly-disgraced once again when it was discovered that twenty-two years before he had planned to built an atomic weapon with uranium stockpiles left in the city – and stolen by Michael Logi before his escape. The family was redeemed, however, when Johanna Logi (coming from years of depression and at least one attempt at suicide) became the first female President of the New York Federation.

While he stepped down from politics shortly after the unification, Ross Tweed remained a powerful business icon in the Federation. He came to own tens of millions in New York real estate, and was consistently named one of the 10 Wealthiest People on Earth. He was unable to see the construction of Tweed Tower, now the tallest building on Earth, finished before his death in 2048.

In 2051, a man hanged himself in Yonkers. This man was later known to be F.B. Douglas, suffering from undiagnosed bipolar disorder. His death made the evening news, but was quickly pushed aside as the People's Republic of China invaded India later that week.

Michael Krum remained President of the Kingdom of New York for many years, but retired to a life of luxury shortly after. Unfortunately for him, the publication of "I Was an Imperial Spy" by his PR Representative in 2054 came to reveal his role as a puppet ruler for Emperor Boris. With the public now aware of his embezzlement, legislative corruption, and treasonous activities, Krum died disgraced a few years later.

With six terms in the Committee senate, fourteen books, a popular television show, and as majority holder for the New York Yankees, Toby Adams Jr. was world-renowned as a Renaissance man. While offered party nomination for the Presidency no less than three times, he declined each to remain in the Adams Committee. While his public relations took a hit in 2059 when it was revealed he had hired and drugged the would-be assassin of Viktor Holding, causing him a lifetime of mental problems, Toby Adams III was elected President of the New York Federation just a year later.

Some say that Viktor Holding survived the war that deposed him, by a clone, or a body double, or simply by immortality; but as far as we all know, he never again bothered the city. Such stories are best left to fiction. Actually, Philip Bradley, son of the famous filmmaker, released a series of novels with just such a premise in 2063 to much critical acclaim – "The Emperor's Folly."

Claude Fox died in 1968, before seeing the fiftieth anniversary of the nation he helped found. At the gates of Respite Island stands a statue of him as the park's creator, cast in bronze – he stands an icon to the children that visit, year in and year out. The plaque beneath has no mention of his time as President. His smile is an easy one. On autumn afternoons, as the sun sets over the Hudson, it shines golden in the fading light.

15. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Not the best ending - I guess it's too much to expect a 100% happy ending when I lost the war - but not too bad! Several years just a-rulin' my island, living on with the hope of a dead Cain in front of me, and having Krum send me stuff whenever I wanted it. I think Boris enjoyed that! I wish he didn't die, though, I was gonna use him in a later game...

So, regarding Douglas - "bipolar disorder: is the reason he did all that he did - kidnapping spideyfan, beating up my spy, everything? But...why, from a GM perspective, did you have him do all that.

16. cradleman

cradleman Member

so i was the only character not to die, and i got to be both VP, President, the only non-disgraced head of state other than Fox, and a philanthropist who with Fox built the world's best theme park. i'd say that is a pretty good 2nd place in my first ever RTW. :)

17. The Huntsman

Did I happen to travel somewhere at eighty-eight miles per hour? ;)

Thanks for giving me a good ending. When I told cradleman I sent Johnny a better ending, I actually told him to make me become a hermit and die unmourned. I just hope SpideyFan will reveal who he was and why he was doing anything. He told me at one point I came close to identifying him, but I told him outright I had no idea who he was. And why did Blankments sabotage his ending by introducing a random communist son?

18. Jmill

Jmill Person

For those of you who want to know how I pulled off an assassination, I trained my hitman with my spy and then wiped his memory with some pills I acquired from the US. What I ended up with was a trained killer with skills in espionage and only knowing that Viktor Holding should die. If he gets caught, nothing gets revealed.

Overall, good ending. Glad to see New York gets another Adams in charge. I don't think I'll be bringing him or his family back into a leading role again, so Adams III may not be the last one.

19. The Huntsman

So you were behind that. Thanks for the headaches. :sweat:

20. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Well, I introduced him the first time because that war was taking FOREVER and, rather than just kill one of the leaders, I wanted to spice things up a bit. Unfortunately it really just ended up shooting SpideyFan in the foot. :sweat: He beat up your spy because at the time he was on a different country's payroll.

See, he ended up flip-flopping a lot ideologically, because I feel a lot of the characters I introduce end up too married to their beliefs. But he ended up too far in the opposite direction. I figured his just having a mental disorder was the best way to explain that.