1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

RTV to air Retro Saturday Morning Cartoons block

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by powergate92, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

Sorry for the double post, but according to my TV guide, She-Ra will be taken off the schedule starting today and will be replaced by a show called Mustard Pancakes.

EDIT: Nevermind, they're still showing She-Ra.

#81 Kazuya Prower, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
  2. animePWNS

animePWNS Long time coming

They're airing the Ghostbusters 5-part origin story now.

#82 animePWNS, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  3. animePWNS

It looks like some of these shows are getting enough time to air their epilogues now.

4. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

Ahh, A Christmas treat today! 16.2 in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton showed Ghostbusters, Archies, and BraveStarr today. (Newswatch 16 had the day off.)

Too bad we can't see those three above-mentioned shows every Saturday, as the channel repeats the 2-hour Saturday morning newscast from 8:00a-10:00a. Guess we should be lucky to get She-Ra and He-Man from 10-11, right?

5. Kazuya Prower

For all you Mr. Magoo fans out there, Mr. Magoo shorts now air inbetween shows.

6. Kenny E. McCall

Kenny E. McCall We fight like cats!

And, they aired the first of the two-part Bravestarr/Sherlock Holmes team-up episode "Sherlock Holmes in the 23rd Century" today.

7. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

It has been a couple of months since I had been able to watch any of the RTV Saturday morning series due to my work schedule, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that while they had the commercial break segments they didn't go to commercials until the episode had ended. It was great actually being able to watch an episode for 22-23 minutes without any interruptions.

8. animePWNS

Something really weird about today's Filmation block. According to TV.com, the ending moral cut from today's He-man (given by Orko) was nearly the exact same one--word for word--given by Skellivision at the end of today's Ghostbusters! I guess stock footage wasn't the only thing recycled in Filmation's shows.

#88 animePWNS, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  9. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Strangely, Bravestarr went back to the first episode this week, yet all 65 episodes still havent been aired. Hopefully they wont do the same for She-Ra (theyre still in the middle of season one, though they HAVE aired more eps than are available on hulu at least).

10. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

This coming June, the local NBC station in Pittsburgh is dropping RTV in favor of ME-TV, so we won't be able to see the program block.

11. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

According to the RTV web site, WPXI will still have RTV. However they will be moving it from digital frequency 11.2 to digital frequency 11.3. Of course the Pittsburgh Tribune Review says Me-TV will replace RTV all together (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/more/s_730137.html), so we'll probably have to wait and see which ends up being accurate.

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

If it's anything like Qubo Night Owl, they're only running the first 40 episodes of each series for no explained reason. It's even worse on Night Owl since every show runs for an hour, meaning the same episodes are repeated every two weeks.

13. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

WJAC Johnstown still has it. It's a little farther away, but you might be able to get a signal.

14. Kazuya Prower

The live-action Ghostbusters series from the 70's has replaced its 80's animated sequel series. It seems like it has that Three Stooges type of humor to it.

EDIT: Now they show The New Adventures of Pinocchio shorts inbetween shows.

#94 Kazuya Prower, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
  15. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Wow, talk about rare (there's not even a dvd release of that show, just a few scattered VHS tapes from the 80s).

16. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Actually, the live action Ghost Busters series did have a DVD release from BCI.

17. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

RTV started airing The New Adventures of Pinocchio shorts about 2 months ago.
    The DVD's from BCI Eclipse are out of print.

18. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I know they're out of print (that said, there is no current DVD release at the moment), I was just saying that there had been a DVD release of the show at some point.