1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocky & Bullwinkle series tonight

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Sveven Dvorking, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Sveven Dvorking

The longest Rocky & Bullwinkle series ever produced will begin tonight. "Jet Fuel Formula, parts 1 through 4" will air tonight from 11pm to midnight and will be repeated from 4am to 5am. Rocky & Bullwinkle fans, don't miss it!

2. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Thanks for the tip! I will have to tape this one!

3. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

I just noticed that myself. For those who don't know, this is the first Bullwinkle story. While this is one of the best stories, it starts out with some really terrible designs and animation (worse than usual) and also a laugh track. The track really doesn't fit in well, so it's obvious why the laughs were soon dropped. The drawings gradually improve as the story progresses. The Moon Men, Gidney & Cloyd, will pop up for their first appearance tonight too! Of course, Boris & Natasha will show up too.

I haven't seen the first episodes in a long time, so I'll definitely be watchng! I'm very excited, or else why would I ramble so much?:)

4. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Longer than Mount Flatten/Upsidasium?! How many episodes is this gonna be?!

Side note: Sherman and Peabody return! Now, if we could just get regular doses of Dudley Do-Right....

5. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Well...

IIRC, the "Jet Fuel Formula" storyline clocked in at *40* seperate several-minute-long episodes...and I'm sure the "Upsidaisium" storyline was probably almost as long (it felt like half of it consisted of Rocky and Bullwinkle wandering around in that desert...though I still like that "Big Bomb at Frostbite Falls", or "The Exploding Metropolis" episode title :) Coming in third might be that "Metal Munching Moon Mice" plotline ("the Big Cheese" singing parodies of Elvis Presley songs....heh).

For the record, my local WB affiliate airs syndicated Bullwinkle reruns early in the morning, with the current batch being aired none other than the "Jet Fuel" storyline....which means (since they just started rerunning the story) it won't end probably for another three weeks :)

-B.

6. Joe Tully

Upsidasium is close with 36 episodes. Metal Munching Mice has 16, which doesn't put it in 3rd. That distinction goes to Missouri Mish Mash (the one with the Kirward Derby) at 24 episodes. The Lazy Jay Ranch is 4th with 18, then Metal Munching Mice.

7. Sveven Dvorking

Weird Announcer

I watched those first four parts. The announcer seemed to have a weird voice. I assume someone else announced the start of the series.

8. Joe Tully

Nope. William Conrad was always the narrator for the Bullwinkle segments. He was using a slightly lower, quieter voice than he would later on, though. You could also recognize Conrad's voice as some of the people in the crowds.

9. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

And Boris (who didn't even have a name in segment one!) sounds more Yiddish than Russian in these early shorts. I'm surprised CN shows these just because of that. Of course, there was an "R&B go to China" sequence a couple of months back that was run uncensored, so go figure.