1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Robotech" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by GWOtaku, Jun 16, 2008.

1. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Yeah, unfortunately.

I still remember back in 1999/2000 or so, I was so pumped because the Yamato Macross Plus toys were going to get an officially licensed US release... and then Harmony Gold jumped in at the very end and did what they do, and us otakus from the time ended up having to pay the import costs. Also, Macross Digital Mission VF-X 2 was going to be released stateside, and the demo was even distributed in some video game magazines, and then Harmony Gold did their thing again. I still hold a grudge over things like this. :)

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That reminds me that Plus was one of the only other official Macross entries released in the West, as Macross and not Robotech, after SDF. Thanks to Harmony Gold of course :sad:.

3. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

I think what gets me is that, while they may still use some of the characters from the Macross portion, most of the Robotech storyline continuations dump the tone and style of that part. You almost get a sense of embarrassment, like they want to make an anime without it actually being anime. I want my transforming battleships with giant guns and ship-killing punches. I'm surprised they keep the variable fighters around at times with how they treat the material.

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Just when you think this project is dead, yet another director is attached to the movie.
    I'd really prefer this never get made cause I don't want those dregs from HG getting another dime from this property ever again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Given how many directors this thing has gone through it'll probably either get canceled or bomb hard...and hopefully it'll crater HG in the process.