1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Road Rovers, Histeria, Pinky/Elymra/Brain DVD speculation thread

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, May 5, 2013.

1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

When do you think Warner Bros. should release on DVD before 2013 is over or during 2014 either via Warner Home Video/DVD or Warner Archive: 1) Road Rovers - The Complete Series, 2) Histeria Volumes 1 and 2, 3) Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain - The Complete Series.

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Unless one is just an avid collector who wants to have all things Silver Age WB in their collection, I can't see why anybody would want Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain on DVD. That show is best left buried and forgotten.

3. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Same for Waynehead and Detention?

4. Silverstar

Depends on who you ask. I personally don't need to have either show on DVD, but I'm sure each show had their fans somewhere out there. The thing is, in order for any show to get a DVD release, there has to be substantial demand for it, and I haven't heard a lot of people clamoring for DVD releases of Road Rovers, Detention, Waynhead or Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain. In fact, much of the general public has successfully forgotten that those shows existed at all. Some folks I know would like for Histeria! to get a home video release, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to happen.

#4 Silverstar, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  5. iptumcea

iptumcea Member

Amen! PE&tB was such a horrible concept the writers themselves hated it.

6. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Maybe Histeria! could be rerun on The Hub.

7. Silverstar

Not saying that it couldn't ever happen, but given how Histeria! hasn't seen the light of day since its' initial run on Kids' WB!, hasn't resurfaced anywhere in syndication or on basic cable nor has it ever even gotten a proper DVD release, I wouldn't bet danger money on that happening.

The Hub acquired Animaniacs because it was the show's 20th anniversary and no other channel was making a bid for it, so Hasbro could acquire it cheap. They acquired Tiny Toons because A! was doing well in the ratings. No one outside of a few internet devotees are clamoring for Histeria!; most people have successfully forgotten that H! exists. As I mentioned back in post #4, in order for any show to get acquired by any cable/satellite network, there first has to be a substantial demand for it. Networks don't acquire shows just because they existed. Going Bananas, Kidd Video and The Kids from C.A.P.E.R. were all on TV at some point too, but I don't see any cable channels chomping at the bit to acquire them.

8. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Was Emyra Pinky and the Brain that bad? As I kid was remembering being excited for it because I loved Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toons. I never got to watch the show because of soccer games and practice so I have zero memory of it. Why didn't the show work?

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Haaaa, TNT reran Kidd Video at one point. With the songs removed.

10. Silverstar

Yes. Yes it was.

Because it wasn't funny, and the whole concept was the product of executive meddling.

11. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

You can't rule out Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid! and Taz-Mania to get The Hub airings in 2014...

12. Silverstar

Nor did I ever (nobody even mentioned those shows in this thread before now), so beats me why you said that.

#12 Silverstar, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  13. Alex Sarosi

Alex Sarosi Member

Histeria is going to be re run on vortexx, because it will get more viewers for the E/I block. Even if they are DVRs.

14. Silverstar

Source? Link? Some official verification of any kind? I only ask 'cause a Google search on this turned up nothing.

(And please don't say Wikipedia.)

15. Alex Sarosi

Alex Sarosi Member

I mean that is more likely for Histeria to get shown on Vortexx in place of a show licensed from the hub, because Warner Bros Animation owns' Histeria.

16. Silverstar

Warner Brothers Animation has also kept the show buried since its' initial network run 14 years ago without so much as a peep. Not to mention Vortexx is an action block on which Histeria! would stick out like a sore thumb, so I'd say the chances of Vortexx even making a bid for H!, let alone WBA loaning it out for acquisition, are pretty darn slim.

#16 Silverstar, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  17. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Though you could argue that WB has released far worse shows from the Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears vaults on DVD (especially on the Warner Archive Collection), so I don't think P,E & TB being released through the WAC is unreasonable (same with Road Rovers and Histeria).

18. PoundPuppiesfan

January 28 of this year, Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain was released on DVD. Now i believe it's safe to say that Road Rovers will get a DVD release as well. Hopfully sometime soon.

19. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The main difference is that people still remember Pinky and the Brain and Elmyra today, whereas Road Rovers is mostly forgotten. RR might get a DVD release,someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

20. PoundPuppiesfan

it has been made official! ROAD ROVERS IS FINALLY COMING TO DVD FEB 10!!!