1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP ScrewAttack

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Lord Dalek, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Not like anybody cares about this website anymore (to me they've been irrelevant since AVGN left to go on his movie hiatus), but last week ScrewAttack announced they were being folded into RoosterTeeth by their corporate parent, thus ending a decade of independent/semi-autonomous video game journalism.

Thoughts?

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

ScrewAttack used to be one of my favorite sites for its first few years of existence. The day Handsome Tom left was when it went down its slippery slope. I gradually started watching less and less content until the only good thing left was Hard News, and eventually, that was cancelled as well.

The website had been superfluous for a long time since they stopped constantly switching their video players and just put up everything on YouTube, so I didn't really feel the need to go there anymore. I'll only miss the site for what it used to be, not what it became.

3. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I've been watching ScrewAttack for Death Battle, Bob Chipman's stuff, and a few of their lists, so this is a shame.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I figured this would happen when they merged ScrewAttack's convention with Rooster Teeth's RTX. Both being owned by Fullscreen, they kind of felt redundant so they figured this was the best thing to do. The only thing I watched on SA was Death Battle anyway, and I think they'll continue that under Rooster Teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

The site isn't dead, per se, as the title implies. All that seems to have changed is they've partnered with Rooster Teeth. Whether that means they were bought out or not is largely irrelevant to the average viewer, as they're still using the ScrewAttack name, and they've uploaded new videos on YT as recently as a few hours ago. Here's a video about it.

I never got into their Death Battle or their news stuff, but I still check out their Top 10s when I think of it. I also enjoyed their Video Game Vaults, but that seems to be a largely dead series unfortunately.

#5 SB20xx, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  6. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

7. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I was not a fan of their top 10s, sadly. The one that mentioned Street Fighter EX being bad because it was in 3D was what made me dislike them, how could you bash the game series that gave us Doctrine Dark and Skullomania?

8. Daikun

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

So... does Craig still work there or not? He states in the video that he left the company with three other SA members, but at the end of the video he just moved to a different desk in the same office. Is Game Attack just occupying SA office space? Very confused.

10. Daikun

Game Attack is now listed on Rooster Teeth's site. So he still works for them, just not with the SA division.

11. GolfDude

GolfDude Member

chad mentioned this a few weeks ago on dubbletalk, that he is now one of guys in charge of screwattack now with craig going to gameattack..