1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Jay Thomas

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Steve Arino, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Steve Arino

Steve Arino Member

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/24/jay-thomas-dead-at-69.html

It is with great sadness that yours truly announces that Jay Thomas, who turned 69 last month (July 12), died today after a brief battle with aggressive Cancer.

Born in small-town Kermit, Texas, Jon Thomas Terrell was born to Italian-American parents and raised from infancy up in New Orleans, Louisiana; he began his Showbiz career opposite Robin Williams on the hit '70s sitcom "Mork & Mindy" (spun off from "Happy Days"), following that role with roles on both "Cheers" (playing Carla's husband Eddie LeBec) and "Murphy Brown."

Jay's role on "Murphy Brown," that of Jerry Gold (a tabloid newsman) led Diane English to create a spin-off vehicle for him titled "Love & War," where Jerry Gold was re-tooled and re-named Jack Stein, a New York Post columnist who fell in love with Wally Porter (Susan Dey), who bought his favorite bar called the Shamrock.

Dey was fired after the first season, after which Annie Potts (fresh from "Designing Women") was brought in as Jack's new love, Dana Paladino, a Chef at the local Shamrock who came in as the new Waitress at the bar.

"Love & War" ended after 3 seasons in 1995, after which Jay retired and started a new career as a Radio DJ, which he continued until his death today.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't even know he was that age but it's sad news nonetheless. I didn't realize he was retired, probably due to occasionally seeing old stuff he appeared in.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk