1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Now Kapow News & Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Yippee Coyote, Sep 5, 2015.

1. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Are there any other ones planned?

2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Don't forget that there's a new episode tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM. It's right before MLP's new episode, which is good that it was scheduled at the same time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I do plan on watching a new episode tomorrow, just to see what random weirdness this show can pull.

4. ShadowBeast

Secret Baseland: The ghost and dummy segments were the best ones. Candy realizing that so many people died in her house was unexpected and funny..........and ominous. And Moon beating Diamond to calling him a dummy was hilarious.

One Man Band: A nice twist of Snow White with that one segment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #104 ShadowBeast, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Prank School: That ending was dark, even by Disney standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ShadowBeast

It was Tales of the Crypt Keeper level of dark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

Company Teamwork: This has my favorite top-plot so far. Boss trying to kill his employees and failing miserably was very well done and funny (especially when the boss fell into the whole and Plant dropped the potato masher on him.). I love how they turn the tables on the boss by turning his own trap on him. The Snowman bit was a nice twist of the original story. The Square Dance was the best of small segments of the episode with the silly weirdness to it. The Gingerbread man segment like the Snowman one was a nice twist with a guy selling gingerbread driving away from the kids who can't catch him. I would try to escape the whale when it surfaces, and maybe try gather some of that bile since I heard it has a lot of value to it.

Body Switch: This plot felt like it was inspired from a movie. It would make for a good movie idea if it hasn't been done yet. It was good that the father and son felt bad for ruining the teacher's life. I hope they at least tried to fix it, though they would be too late considering the after credits. Talk about dumb Pirates. The Starving Artist got what he deserved. A wish for unlimited wishes leads to catastrophic disaster. Should never use that type of wish on something flying through space. A nice Jurassic Park reference. A petting zoo was a fool's dream. It would've nice it there a fourth-part of the main segment during the credits in more episodes.

I'll need to rewatch the other episodes and this one in order to give a better opinion on them since it's a little hard to keep track of them :sweat:

bold=added stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #107 ShadowBeast, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  8. ShadowBeast

Ponce de Leon: This one was creepy. Moon enjoyed having a baby hand a little too much. That Real-estate agent wouldn't know a ghost if she was mauled by a bear. Can't blame the landlord for kicking that pest out, or Ice Cream getting the bug spray. Plant wouldn't be the first doctor to encourage injuries for money, though maybe the first to not be proud of it. The crazy guy dressed as cupid segment was funny. Nice reversal of playground injuries with he lack of a skinned causing the father to cry. Couldn't blame the Queen for wanting to make moon less grotesque with the big hand.

Road Gang:
    I guess this would be a Mad Max parody with road warriors. The "drop it" comments I found funny with the way it was said. The elevator segment was hilarious with making you think that Diamond was going into labor but was actually freaking out over the Business Baby being impatient. Second time that Diamond was freaking out over something baby related. Candy was taking a big risk in stealing Moon's sandwich and drink. Baseball is a terrible road gang theme. This was hilarious Candy: How about our theme is always letting the girl get away? Moon: Uh, you mean like Mitch's senior prom?
    Diamond should've practiced on boulders before carving the King's face on the mountain. And in the end the gang goes their separate ways and Kyle should go back to the car.

Keeping up With the Ramses:
    It's like a prequel of the previous Pharaoh segment with Moon telling Plant about her being buried with him. Candy looked freaky cursed. I bet moon will believe Diamond's superstitions now. And I think she ratted him out about him causing his family's problems. Diamond makes a mean balloon saleswomen. And I mean that literally. Pyramids are out, and Sphinxs are in. Never fails that it rains when you don't have your umbrella. That owl had so many defenses, but unfortunately one of those defenses lead it to extinction. I doubt it could attract a mate with a smile like that either. Aliens built the pyramids theory correct in the cartoon world. Ramses and his servant had their faiths coming. You can't expect aliens to build your stuff for free. And in the end, Moon wins.

Assimilate: We are the borg, you will be assimilated. Breath-spray would've solved the morning breath problem. Should've charged tax with that pizza. Like Soos, Moon obeys the music. Dating everyone who assimilates is not a good sales pitch. I was expecting Dog's mind to cause a problem for the cyborgs and cause them to reject him after he finally agreed to assimilate. And dog destroys the school.

The Devil's Gold Banjo: Worst Devil ever. No wonder he's bad. Your drowls look like a moustache Dog. Sad to be put into an outfield cage on your own birthday. A spoon into the head, that's gotta be as painful as it is to watch. A mad island planned worked too well, and while it got Candy and Diamond off the island, it got them launched into the sun. Devil reveals his job is being the worst.

Jack in the Box:
    This is Dog's best role in the show as the jack in the box. I'm assuming this plot is based on Pinocchio. With a wife that let's a bear watch the babysitter, You better run Moon. Luckily for Janice the camera will block the bear's mouth from eating her. Unfortunately, it won't protect her from the bear's claws. Ashley's love for bad boys really did get her hurt. Kissing up to "my lady" ended causing her to chase Ice Cream and Dog with a jousting lance. Jack scares even the villain of the tale. But gives very profound advice as well. Rabbit tricks are overrated. Now Jack is free to terrorize all in any place he wishes. Not even the narrator is safe.

Radical Mutants: A TMNT lite parody. The mutants reminds me of the mutants from Futurama. The King's spy should've waited for the Evil Queen to leave. But now he's so dead. Who taught those aliens how to drive a UFO? That assistant will never reach old age if her boss ever starts throwing knives. Next segment gets educational. 1. a person who studies reptiles is called a herpetologist. 2. make sure the expert is an actual expert and not some creepy who has a lot of snakes. The Dog-mutant being originally a pile of garbage was surprising and funny.

My Fair Peasant: Last appearance of the peasants, minus Plant. First time without the Wizard. Chasing the Squirrel beats the walking the dog trick. Beware of the infamous tree octopus. I would like to know how the cow got up there as well. Bill proves that he's the meanest man in west by making Ice Cream cry with all those hurtful words. I would not have resisted from laughing with the officer chasing the duck with his pants down.

Nannies:
    Forces of Darkness: You need to wear neck protection when rescuing a vampire from up a tree.

I'll put in the rest my opinion about the last two tomorrow.

Such a shame that this show didn't last a year and it looks like after today, Right Now KaPow will be taken down from Disney XD's lineup so quickly after it's cancellation like Wander Over Yonder was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. superkeegan9100

Who knew that the Dragon Riders from before were evil?

10. ShadowBeast

Nannies: Miss Binblebum is obviously a parody of Mary Poppins, but obviously with a criminal record. Who would've thought that two guys in a horse costume could out run a zebra. That is one long wait for revenge. The society of liars can't help but lie about being the society of liars.The second nanny was just disgusting. Monster parade float makes for quick parades........and kind of interesting giant monster as well. Technically you can't rob yourself because it would be called donating, and his name is Robin Hood, not Donating Hood. The kids catch onto the third nanny's scheme real quick and successfully keeps this one in the house.

Forces of Darkness: Figures the final episode deals with the Brave Adventurers and their Wizard master. Who reveals that he's evil which isn't surprising considering that his dragons turned on him previously. The helmet that the Wizard gave Dog matches his Mohawk. You need to wear neck protection when rescuing a vampire from up a tree. That fountain really did fit the King, and I'm surprised King Crybaby's kingdom hasn't been invaded a lot earlier. Dog still has the chair as his weapon. That is a lot of bugs. The crazy teacher and her ship reminds of the Magic School Bus, and with the amount of hits the Principal takes, it's a knock-out. The Brave Adventurers turn against the Evil Wizard and loses. And it looks like Disney stops them permanently. THEY WEREN'T EVIL DISNEY!!! Just underrated.

It's not that they were evil (except maybe Plant), it's that their wizard-boss was evil.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. superkeegan9100

Oops, I forgot.

12. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I'm gonna miss this show. It was a riot.

It's a shame it won't get another season, but I guess the prospect of Disney working with WB was too much for them. Oh, well. I'm glad they did it, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. superkeegan9100

This might be WB and Disney's only co-production for now. This was as predictable as Disney teaming up with Universal, and we all know how much THEY like each other...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. ShadowBeast

Right Now Kapow makes a return to Disney XD schedule for one day, with only one episode airing at 5PM on the 26th (day after Wander Over Yonder returns to XD). might be more since I think my cable's schedule was at it's limit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. superkeegan9100

It's also airing on June 27th.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ShadowBeast

Hopefully it stays on Disney XD's schedule for a while, along with Wander.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. superkeegan9100

If not, it can always move to Cartoon Network-
    (sees CN being taken over by the Teen Tightwads)
    .......never mind.

• Funny Funny x 1
    #117 superkeegan9100, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  18. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

It should stay for at least the entire summer before Disney XD reboots its lineup in September.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ShadowBeast

That would make sense. Summer is usually a time when repeats fill up most schedules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. superkeegan9100

Just checked Disney XD's schedule. In addition to June 26th and 27th, it will also air on June 29th.