"Rice Cub" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, May 14, 2007.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

http://www.platypuscomix.net/miscellaneous/index.php?issue=6&page=1&seriesID=7

Time to try some new ideas. In the old-time tradition of Top Cat being based on Sergeant Bilko and Fred Flintstone being based on Jackie Gleason, here is a panda based on Mary Lynn Rajskub. Or rather, based on her performance: a panda even more socially horrid than Chloe.

J.B. Warner, so far the only man to consistently contribute to every one of these talkbacks, deserves some credit here. He's very good at cartoon animals, so I came to him a couple weeks ago with a general rough drawing of what I wanted. He was instrumental in getting Rajskub's trademark scowl on a panda, without having it look as creepy as Will Smith's face on a fish.

Do any of you want to see Rice Cub again? Did I blow it with this first effort or nail it? This is where you let me know....

2. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Nicely done, Mars! Rice's paranoia definitely has the potential for future stories, and I'm quite glad that my character design suggestions came in handy. Can't wait to see more!

3. Greg1

Greg1 Ness Vet

A cute character, I'd like to see more of her.

4. Dynamite XI

Dynamite XI Whoa, where have I been?

You've done it again, Mars! It's definitely a spot on capture of Rajskub's aura; her essence; her Rajskubesqueness, if you will.

I personally would like to see more of this character.