1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Restoring the Turner dubbed prints of Looney Tunes

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Mitchy Beanson, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mitchy Beanson

Mitchy Beanson New Member

I've actually been called upon myself. More recently, I found Turner dubbed prints of "Mexican Joyride", "Behind the Meatball" and others. Y'know, I've been thinking.......

What if I restored all the pre-48 cartoons Turner dubbed at once? If so, that will answer the question.

2. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

Turner prints are actual restored prints (but not restored as much as the home video prints) made for TV (1997/98 dubbed versions were made for VHS releases). Restoring old recordings of them would be a good idea.

#2 LooneyTuney18, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  3. Mitchy Beanson

I'm guessing a new restoration on those prints will be great! And y'know, those Turner prints do look quirky when it comes to faded colors.

4. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Actually, the TV copies just deteriorate because they were recorded years ago on VHS. VHS decomposes overtime. The master copies are actually very high quality free of various dirts and scratches. However, some of them have terrible color corrections despite the good quality.

5. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

I know. That's why I said "old recordings".

6. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Oh, didn't quite understand, my bad, but why do we need to restore old recordings when we can strike new digital recordings of the master copy?

7. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

If there's only low quality recordings of a dubbed version, it can be good to restore one of them.

8. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Wouldn't look very good, its better to strike off master copy. Such as the ones that are released on the RKO/MGM/WB movies.

9. Mitchy Beanson

It might have been a perfect opportunity, but we still need some master tapes to find.