1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    Publisher:
    Capcom
    Platforms: PS4, XBOX1, PC

Synopsis:
    Set within a sinister plantation mansion in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective for the first time in the series. Embodying the iconic gameplay elements of exploration and tense atmosphere that first coined "survival horror" some twenty years ago, Resident Evil 7 biohazard delivers a disturbingly realistic experience that will define the next era in horror entertainment.

Discussion: I played through the game and it's probably one of my favorite games in a while. It'a legitimately scary, especially in the first couple of hours and just incredibly fun. I finished my first go through in about ten hours but I'm eager to play it again on a harder setting. I never expected to get frightened by just seeing one of the Bakers just walking across the hall in the distance. The game kept me on edge the whole time so even cheap jump scares got to me. I do wish there were some more varied creatures and bad guys to fight, but the family makes for some memorable moments and a couple good boss fights, especially Jack. I like that it's standalone story but there's still connections to the overall RE universe. The ending definitely took me by surprise and what it could mean for the next RE game. My favorite RE game since RE 4, maybe even as RE 1.