Resident Evil 6 Pre-Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ShadowGUN, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/rumor-resident-evil-6-infecting-360-ps3-on-nov-20-2012/

Jeez that lot Resident Evil for this year.RE Raccoon City, Revelations and that new movie coming in the Summer. Probably HD ports of RE1 and RE0 for XBLA and PSN as well. Talk about overload. I just hope Capcom learn from the mistakes (you partner wasting healing items, not being that helpful, etc) of RE5.

And here the trailer.
    [video=youtube;sS_bGpe9qE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8[/video]

One word: wow. That look pretty awesome. Also looks like Ashley from RE4 is back along with Leon and Chris.

Vyse here with a rule on double-posting: don't.*

*Well, there is an exception in regards to me and that is with the passage of time. About at least 24 hours between your previous post and the double post is kosher country. Different mods might have different rules in regards to double-posting and the passage of time, so check with them before double-posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  2. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

Zombies return? Oh I hope that'll be consistant throughout and not a part of some short prologue segment.

So yeah...Wow. Amazing.

(Really curious about mister baldness and his scar.)

3. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I have mixed thoughts. Nothing to do with the quality of the game, but my only dislike of zombies. I played the first game, but never beat it. I was a lot younger then so it scared the hell out of me. I remember one room that terrified me was just an empty room with a mounted deer head on the wall. Hated that room. I did beat every major Resident Evil since then, but I really appreciated 4 and 5's move away from zombies. Now that zombies are back... well, they're one of the few things that can unnerve me. I don't care about them being walking corpses or biting me, but those moans. That sound messes with me to this day.

I just hope HUNK shows up. He hasn't done too much recently.

Edit

The trailer does seem less scary than the old games. It seems like it's trying to focus more on the action, with multiple zombies on screen. Some of my more tense moments in the earlier games involved one or two zombies, just not knowing where the hell they were. I actually think I might be more comfortable with dozens of zombies.

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

2012 seems to be the year of Resident Evil. Seems like this one is trying to mix up aspects of the latest games( the over the shoulder view, more action oriented, set pieces ) with a few of the older games( zombies, kind of recreating Raccoon City ) beats. Sure looks amazing though. My brother thinks the bald guy is Steve, wouldn't that be something.

5. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Looks interesting, I hope I love it, and hope to see Ada again
    Same Steve who died from the T-Veronica virus and resisting it and his body remained in that location that got blown to bits without a chance of anyone recovering his body?

Fat chance

6. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

OP missed Resident Evil: Umbrella / Dark Side Chronicles ports for PS3.

Silent Hill also has a packed year with Downpour, the HD Collection, Book of Memories, and the second live action film.

7. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Ah 11-20-2012 can't come soon enough.

If the Apocalypse comes, it's a good game to end the world with.

8. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Trailer looks great, I saw an ad on TV for this last night (in January!) I thought it was for Operation Raccoon City and then thought I'd gone mad when I saw a 6.

I think I saw Josh as well as Leon & Chris, hopefully they've added run & gun this time out

9. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

In terms of the third playable character, people keep say HUNK or Alex Wesker, the last surviving Wesker clone. But! What if they are the same person?

10. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Well it is the series 15 anniversary so Capcom is going all out on it.
    Some details from RE event in Japan reveal that Nemesis look a like in the trailer is name "Javo" and Leon's partner is called Helena. Also there a third playable character which from the sound it must be the guy Ashley was with in trailer.

11. Soul

12. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Hmm, does that make the brunette Ashley? I actually thought that at first but then a blonde showed up so I figured not, that's right, in my mind there are only 2 girls in the RE universe if Ashley isn't one she must be the other ;)
    3 at a pinch if you count the Spanish girl from Darkside Chronicles, though there canon is debated.

13. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I don't know about that. She sounded like Carolyn Lawrence, who voice Ashley in RE4, in the trailer. Sherry could still appear in some form though.

14. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

15. Soul

Well, can she not voice an older Sherry? I don't get it, people hate Ashley. As such, why do people think its her besides the VA?
    It NEEDS to be Sherry, of the loose ends unresolved, we need to know what happened to Sherry.

16. King9

King9 Embraced One

Wow that does look really cool. More characters, more drama going on I hope. I'm hoping that they find a way to mix up their RE4 and RE5 formula. It's a good formula, but RE4 and 5 felt so similar after a while. Need a change of pace.
    Does anyone know who that short haired guy with the blood is?

17. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Probably because her father, the president, appears in the trailer and there blonde woman whose is voice by Ashley VA.

There a rumor the game will have 6 players co-op and 8 players multiplayers. I hope that 6 players co-op is not for storymode. I would hate to babysitt 5 A.I.s during the main game like I had to for Sheva in RE5.

18. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Don't even joke about that :eek:

19. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind New Member

People want to say it's Hunk without his mask, but also likely a Wesker clone because of the shots he has to give himself.

Or maybe someone new that's an I Am Legend character, which would actually explain why he's not a zombie if he's bitten all the time during gameplay.

20. Soul

Yeah, its either 3 people:
    Hunk, Alex Wesker, or a new character.
    Some keep trying to say Steve Burnside, but I say get the heck out.