1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected Designs and Show Pitches

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Shawn Hopkins, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting that Superman and Lex seem like they went through the least amount of alteration between their original designs and what Timm and co. ultimately went with :).

#41 Frontier, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't know this but apparently it was planned at one point that Superman and Lashina conceived a son while he was brainwashed and in the Beyond era he would overthrow Darkseid, take the throne and invade Earth. Lashina would escape and warn the JL and inform Superman he had a son.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say I would've seen that coming :sweat:.

Probably a good thing Lois would have either passed away or be too old for it to matter...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2/26: 20/20 hindsight, that scene of Kal-El waking up from the nightmare/memory fragment was suggestive...

It would be ripe for old Bruce telling Superman his secret son turned out better. lol.

4/3: There was a pitch for a Zatanna show but it never got off the ground. Paul Dini shared a piece of art from it and admitted he reused some if its ideas on Justice League Action.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A Zatanna cartoon would've been pretty fun, and I can see Dini pushing for that. Maybe someday we could get that as a web-series or something :).

And I agree about it starring Lacey Chabert, Yojimbo :anime:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Shannon Tindle posted on Instagram some designs for a Super Friends project from a few years ago, that never got off the ground. Apparently Bruce Timm was also involved.

Here are Bizarro, Batzarro and Batman.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Feels like there's been a lot of attempts at doing a Super Friends revival in some form.

I do quite like the art style for these designs :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/14: I remember something about Tindle and the Garcia-Lopez style...<checks website>

Yes, it was back on April 12, 2013. Then Storyboard Artist Shannon Tindle revealed she was briefly hired to do work with Bruce Timm on a Justice League movie in 2012. Timm wanted a graphic interpretation of Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez's DC Comics work from the 1970s. Unfortunately, they decided not to do the project less than 24 hours after Tindle agreed to do it. However, Timm wanted to see what she would do with the characters so they let her work for a week anyway doing exploratory artwork.

7/26: In an interview, Lester revealed around the time of TNBA, they talked about adapting a comic called Nightfall that detailed Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing.

• Like Like x 1
    #48 Yojimbo, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017