1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Reign of the Supermen" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 22, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A "Reign of the Supermen" animated movie was announced for 2019 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
    Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
    Comments?

Related Discussion
    :
    "Death of Superman" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Will this adaptation take place in the Animated War/ Damian Universe????

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heeroyuy_Batman

I have to admit I'm more excited about this than Death of Superman. That's been adapted so many times in different ways that I'm not that interested by a more faithful adaptation. This isn't to say I have no interest at all, however. I would say I prefer Superman's method of stopping Doomsday in Superman: Doomsday to the original comic's so a part of me hopes DoS isn't faithful to the original in this regard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone as said, one way or the other. Many are presuming that this two-parter will stand alone, but it might be part of the shared universe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm definitely really curious, if this is set to be a more faithful adaption of the comic storyline, to see if we'll get all of the different Supermen in this movie, Superboy, Steel, Cyborg-Superman, and Eradicator since this could potentially be the animated debuts for the latter two :cool:.

I'm also curious if they might try and work-in Supergirl into the story given her popularity, though she did appear in the storyline it was not in that major of a role and as a very different take on Supergirl...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Since we have Doomsday,

This would be perfect in the War/ Damian Universe having Superman, the JL, TT, JLD, and Suicide Squad already established and John Henry already showing up in Throne of Atlantis.

All those superheroes would mourn his death and would make the most sense on why have another story like this since they have already made Doomsday DTV.

• Like Like x 2