Regular Show censored in the US?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by BlooMac, May 2, 2013.

1. BlooMac

BlooMac Rickbranded

I heard that The Power was recently censored, is that true?

2. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

Yep along with other Season 1 episodes. In fact, it's the reason why none of the Season 1 episodes were reran until just recently.

3. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! P.S.: Turkey airs it uncensored.

4. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

Why are the episodes edited? With the DVD/Blu-Ray release of the first two seasons coming to stores later this year, this is a heavy blow to the fans.

5. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

what exactly got censored?

6. metaXzero

metaXzero New Member

Yesterday, I was watching the episode "Meat Your Maker". They BADLY edited Mordecai's "You pissed me off" into "You ticked me off". That is one example Gonna be crappy if they applied that to the various uses of "crap" too.

I don't get it. Regular Show is TV-PG.And Cartoon Network obviously didn't have a problem when they approved the series initially. But now, later seasons rarely use that language anymore and now they are censoring the old episodes?

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The episodes were censored months ago I thought. I noticed during a weekend marathon that some of the language in The Power had been adjusted and just wrote it off as being tweaked for any airings earlier in the day.

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Hopefully the Blu-Ray/DVD release will be uncut. Otherwise, I'm not buying it.

9. zetastrike

zetastrike New Member

I've noticed the edits recently too. This doesn't make sense. CN is ok with showing DJ Donnie getting his abdomen blown out by a record, but words like "pissed" "crap" and "screwed" aren't ok? I haven't noticed any mild language since, like season 2. Like veemonjosh said, if the BR/DVD is censored, I refuse to buy. There's no reason for it and it's kind of insulting. Kids can't handle those words? Most kids hear much worse language on a daily basis in grade school.

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

How did they get away with the content without getting edited previously?

11. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

We should boycott the DVD/Blu-Rays if they're censored and demand they release them uncut.

12. BlooMac

BlooMac Rickbranded

I think they'll release the DVDs and Blu-Rays uncut or at least I hope so. I don't see why they censor the show, it's rated PG and I've seen other PG shows do far edgier things than RS has ever did.

Also I've been thinking, if the US is censoring the show, could it be possible that some newer episodes have an unreleased uncut version?

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Frankly, I'm surprised with how racy Regular Show gets even being TV-PG and a wacky comedy series. It is practically an Adult Swim series.

14. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

... This is so disappointing. :<
    I guess some people were complaining, and Cartoon Network got cold feet. Really hope this isn't bad news for the future of CN's PG shows.

15. Randomced859

Randomced859 New Member

Looks like CN US is going to follow the pattern censorship from CN Asia Pacific (CN Asia, Philippines, New Zealand, and Australia).

16. 15french

15french Guest

I notice some of these edits are the same as in the UK... they were pretty harsh with the edits. I blame Ofcom.

17. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

I'm confident that the DVD's will be uncut. I just watched Meat Your Maker on Netflix and Mordecai's "You P***** me off" line was intact. If Netflix has them uncut, then the DVDs probably will.

(Too be honest, I had no idea that line existed in the episode and was taken aback. o_O)

18. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

So it seems like Reg Show is only getting censored on the US broadcast, and not in other outlets... uncut season 1 DVD sounds like a good possibility at least.

19. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

This is crap.

It was the mild profanity that added a unique edge to the show and now it's being censored? Cartoon Network certainly isn't doing their fans any favors by giving in to the demands of the oversensitive soccer mom demographic.

Just a very small example of how America continues to grow more politically correct, watered down, and sanitized.

20. dprboy

dprboy Member

stop complaining!