Regal Academy Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SparkleMan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well looks like Travis and Lin Lin ship has officially sailed. And I don't know what is it, but Lin Lin's grandma is the only adult (except for Rose's mom) that doesn't piss me off and get all on my nerves, she is actually cool and likable.

Evil flowers taking over the world, I am sure there is some Poison Ivy jokes in there somewhere.

2. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

The official Regal Academy YouTube channel has uploaded a karaoke video featuring clips from a currently unaired episode:

3. zoombie

Okay that was an alright episode. As much as I love Astoria, her character flaw is her competitiveness and she even admits that. Can we just say Lin is the 6th ranger even though I never watched that show I get the reference. Another enjoyable episode and no Snow White, what a coincidence, maybe she's dead, or got a teaching job at Luna Nova, she would fit in at that teaching staff.

4. zoombie

Okay I am late with the reviews, but you know Easter weekend. So St. George what a character, I wonder what he was in his younger days, was he a great man back than.

We have a new teacher, he is kind out of it, but he is nice, giving most of the teachers are really mean, he is a breath of fresh air. And Vicky she had it, her goal was fulfilled but she blew up because of hyper competitive, and why can't Lin join our team instead of being a one person team, just saying.

Anyway now into the season finale mode, two more episodes to go, I hope we find out what fairy tale family Vicky is from, I think she is the great grand daughter of Cinderalla's step mom and grand daughter of one of her step sisters, calling that now. And if we are lucky Snow White might die, we can only hope.

5. zoombie

Okay first of all I have to give some props to blue haired girl pretending to be the dumb sidekick all this time, she played Vicky good. So I have to give her props. So I am way off on my Vicky's lineage, back to the drawing board on that one. So it is the blue haired girl whose name I don't remember who is related to the step family, and I guess is related to Rose. Which give me one problem with the episode, with the characters and the so called good guys. Did Rose try to talk this out, now you dealing with family and you don't try to resolve peacefully. I am thinking maybe the villains have some legit grievances, just being tossed aside. The good guys don't even try to solve this peacefully, and I don't think that is going to happen, this series doesn't have that type of morals. I guess I am spoiled on shows like Steven Universe and Star vs the Forces of Evil, that has depth a gray area to conflicts, and not just black and white.

Anyway at least the father knows now, and keep his memories. Well if Cinderella tries to take his memories again, I want Rose's mom stand up for him and say no.

Anyway one more episode to go, well the gates finally open, and now that Vicky is pissed at them too, I am hoping for Rose and Cinderella and the whole family to work along side the step family to save the day.

6. zoombie

So how does this show stack up to say Little Witch Academia, which is my favorite current anime, and what could Regal Academy do to be on that level. Both about magical schools, girl centric, all the students divided into teams though LWA does is more evenly and consistent with every team being teams of team 3, RA is random with their team numbers, our main character is a team of 5, our villain team of 3, and Lin is a one person team, and also both shows have teachers are just the worst, they are adult bullies except for Ursula sensei, and western mythology plays a big role in both.

The main character is a over enthusastic class clown that the teachers despises, but their good nature heart is going to win the day. For some reason the over achieving smart girl are my favorite characters, I love Diana she is awesome, and you all know how I feel about Historia.

Last but not least, who is a bigger you know what, Snow White or Finnelan? Both characters I hate, though Finnelan as bad as she is I don't hate her enough that I want her dead, Snow White if she died I won't be sheeting no tears.

7. zoombie

The season finale was fine a nice wrap up, and if there is no season 2, it does leave things wrapped up.

I am disappointed we didn't get anything on Vicky, what fairy tale she is related to, or her motivation, nothing. But perhaps she is purposely one dimensional and it is a joke on that trope, perhaps I am giving the show too much credit. Though Vicky getting away with it, I find it funny and dam it those adults deserve it.

Though if there is a season 2, I want a new villain, I wouldn't mind if Ruby was the season 2 villain, unlike Vicky she would have motivation and connection to Rose, if that happens, it will be Loli Rocks with its new main villain, a step up at least with someone with proper motivation.

Rose's mom banishment undone, for once Snow White is not a total jerk. So Rose's dad gets to keep his memories this time I guess.

Though we got no romance in the end with our heroes, I guess it is for best, we have to leave something open ended.

For what it was, it was a fun show, nothing ground breaking, it is like junk food, it is just stupid, but it works. I have other shows for ground breaking, and deep story telling.

8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

There is a season 2. It's just unknown if Nick will air it or not.
    http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/03/rainbow-announces-regal-academy-season.html

9. zoombie

10. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I finally caught up after falling behind.

I really do enjoy this show a lot. One of my favorite things is that it wasn't all Rose, all the time, giving each of the individual characters time to shine. I also like how none of the characters are presented as Mary Sues, each with their own flaws and strengths. Really made them feel like a team.

The season finale was great IMO. I didn't see Ruby being the big bad coming, though of course she was overtaken by Vicky. I am kinda glad that I didn't watch the last bit of this season on TV, otherwise that ending fakeout would have been lost on me with Nickelodeon pushing the credits aside.

I would like to see Season 2 if/when it airs on Nick/Nick Jr. or Netflix.

11. Ghostbuster

Rainbow are holding a special Regal Academy event in Italy:

12. zoombie

It is fair to say this is a poor man's Little Witch Academia. Not that, that is a bad thing per say. It has that same type of feel, especially with most of the faculty being unlikable.

13. Ghostbuster

Highlights from the Regal Academy event:

14. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

15. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I'm not surprised either, it's been airing on Nick Jr. Australia (and Latin America).

• Informative Informative x 1
    #56 superkeegan9100, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  17. Ghostbuster

Follow its US launch, the series will debut on Nick channels globally in 2018. :)

18. Nox

Nox New Member

Regal Academy Season 2 Trailer is already on it's official Youtube channel. I'm new user, so I can't post a link yet. Sorry guys :-/ If anyone could do this, I would be very grateful :)

19. zoombie

Okay here it is, just me or is the animation different.

20. Nox

Nox New Member

Thank you Zoombie :) And yes, it's different. They didn't use ToonShade effect.