1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebusquest

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Cullen, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Cullen

Cullen Member

Hi everyone. I just made my very first internet comic called Rebusquest. It's a funny and educational series about a magic land where rebus puzzles are a part of life. http://www.therebusquestwebsite.com/ I already got the copyright for it and posted the first episode on my new webpage. I hope to make cartoons that will bring back the spirit of classic Saturday Morning TV.

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Lord of the Thundercats

We live in hope. ¬_¬

The comic is so basic that I always think to check the artist's age listed in his profile before commenting. You know, I always thought Startrekman700 was lacking for a 30 year-old; the fact that someone draws worse than him at 39 is positively alarming. Perhaps I should worry about getting old, myself. I drew my first comic when I was nine and it looked better than this. You've got faint lines, scratchy colours, flat characters, a bog-standard layout, slanted dialogue, no background and absolutely nothing to hold my interest for more than a few nanoseconds. I'm starting to wonder if some people even took art classes at school....

#2 Glitcher, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  3. Startrekman700

Startrekman700 Active Member

Do you enjoy being a frakkin' idiot . You have the sheer nerve to attack someone because they have a style that doesn't fit your "criteria." This not only shows what kind of frakkin' idiot your ass is. It also shows the lack of the understanding of diversity of art. You attack this artist because he doesn't draw in the manner that fits your standard.

4. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

Let me just step in to remind everyone that criticism is okay here. Personal attacks, regardless of who they're directed to, are not. The #1 rule here is to respect your fellow members.

5. Jeepers

Jeepers Member

Glitcher just offered constructive critisism,maybe a tiny bit harsher then he should,but nevertheless,you don´t seem like a very knowlegable person when it comes to art.
    Failing basic anatomy,proportions and perspective is not a "style".

And keep in mind,the artist is probably 13 or so.She has plenty of time to learn how to properly draw.
    Don´t start a war here for such a silly matter

6. Cullen

Cullen Member

I never intended for my cartoons to be the best drawn in the world. All my life, I loved watching and drawing cartoons, creating original characters, and writing and sharing stories with everyone. That's the reason why I make cartoons.

7. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

According to David Levy, the (really common) "style" excuse is just used by people who refuse to try to get better (because they're lazy). I'm not saying you're lazy, but you're using a lazy excuse. (Don't worry. I myself have used it in the past, although now I'm just honest and tell people "I'm not very good" and "Still working on it".

8. Cullen

Cullen Member

Okay, I understand that you don't like my artwork. But what did you think of the story or the characters?